Page 124 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 24741141201211221231241251261271281341742246241124 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    That's the way to do it, imo. SS, Batman and Superman all need soft reboots. Sounds like SS and Batman are getting it. The way WB treats Superman...my guess is Supergirl just replaces him as the Kryptonian in the universe. Sigh.
    Or you could have it that he goes into space and has Supergirl take his place.

BANNED

Ben Affleck was the best Batman of all time. Now we call him Been Batman Affleck

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    A younger Bruce Wayne at the Apex of his career was always the best choice. Snyder went with the DKR version but that shelf life is limited. Now we can have another decade of Batman movies.
    A younger Bruce Wayne can definitely carry a franchise better then I think Affleck would have been able to.
    Maybe even a Gotham shared universe when all is said and done
    I wonder how much of that we'll see moving forward.

It seems like the Harley movies are going to be their own thing and it's ambigous if we'll ever see Leto's Joker again, and they both fought Affleck in Suicide Squad.

Who knows if Batgirl or even Nightwing is still happening by this point.

I'm curious if we'll get a young Batman but one who's still fairly established, maybe having still gone through at least one Robin and most of his villains by this point?
    Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So a soft reboot then. Probably the best way to go. Might want to leave Harley Quinn out of it to avoid overexposure.
    Yeah, I kind of doubt Harley is going to be in it.

I wonder if we're going to get a completely new cast or any recasting. Waller is kind of a must, and I can see them wanting to keep Viola Davis, but will the same hold true for Deadshot, Boomerang, or Flagg?
    So there's a rumor that "Birds of Prey" is the start of a Harley Quinn trilogy which will lead to "Gotham City Sirens" and then "Birds vs Sirens".
    Again, curious to see how they approach it since they're take on the Birds seems more in-line with the Sirens.
    Or you could have it that he goes into space and has Supergirl take his place.
    That reminds me of the Supergirl TV show...and a bit of Young Justice: Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The official verified DC comics linked to the Deadline article reporting Affleck’s exit.

That’s kind of odd considering they didn’t do the same with Cavil. Then again Cavil’s case is a bit different I guess since unlike Affleck who wanted to leave the role for a while now, Cavil is still interested in playing the role again.
    When I heard the rumors that Ben Affleck would appear in it telling a story of his past I really got interested. Down the drain it goes :/

His leaving rumors had been around for years now so I kind of braced myself for it.

That's the way to do it, imo. SS, Batman and Superman all need soft reboots. Sounds like SS and Batman are getting it. The way WB treats Superman...my guess is Supergirl just replaces him as the Kryptonian in the universe. Sigh.
    It they do it the blunt "hes out, shes in" way its bad. If they do a good respectful (to the character and the actor) passing the torch moment it can be OK I guess although as we should know at least by now completely unnecessary. With WWs & AMs success WB has ultimate proof that DCEU tied movies are good if done good and the actors does not need to be replaced. Momoa IS the DCEU Aquaman as Gadot is DCEUs Wonder Woman. Both been in BvS, in JL and in AM/WW. They just need to stop being dicks about it and stick to their guns actor wise.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-31-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

"In terms of who will play the next Batman, a lot mixed messages of how old the actor will be going around town. Some have said Reeves had wanted younger person in their 20s, others have said the studio would prefer an older actor in their 30s. Let the guessing games begin"

"THE BATMAN: this sounds like it could move faster then people would expect with the date set. Hearing studio wants a familiar face and Reeves has his certain age in mind and that age is very specific like I said two names within 7 years of each other; "Too young, too Old'"

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/

"Most of the people being "fancast" for the next Bruce Wayne/Batman are too old. It won't be Jon Hamm, Armie Hammer, Jensen Ackles, etc. Think more in the Ezra Miller, Logan Lerman and Dylan O'Brien age range."

https://twitter.com/neddamnwahs/

Astonishing Member

So the next Batman could possibly be a millennial? Wow, for the first time in my life I could potentially end up being older than Batman?
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

So the next Batman could possibly be a millennial? Wow, for the first time in my life I could potentially end up being older than Batman?
    Been there, done that (the last one older than me was in 1997 ).
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

I'll never understand how a generational moniker has now been confused or used as a synonym for "younger person." The oldest millennials are now 37 years old. While the youngest millennials are either finishing high school or already in college. The millennial generation, like the boomer generation, is one that is comprised of 20 years of births. Big range. So not only are we all but guaranteed that Batman will be a millennial, you already saw a millennial Superman and Wonder Woman.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I'll never understand how a generational moniker has now been confused or used as a synonym for "younger person." The oldest millennials are now 37 years old. While the youngest millennials are either finishing high school or already in college. The millennial generation, like the boomer generation, is one that is comprised of 20 years of births. Big range. So not only are we all but guaranteed that Batman will be a millennial, you already saw a millennial Superman and Wonder Woman.
    A lot of people misuse the word.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Not a fan of Ben Affleck but I enjoyed the aesthetic of his Batman and his fight scenes in BvS. I just would like to finally get the white eyed mask this time.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Hollywood is developing enough younger actors and actresses that can fill out the DCEU and MCU roster of heroes and villains. Eventually they have to cast a bunch of less famous young people like what X-Men Apocalypse did.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Not a fan of Ben Affleck but I enjoyed the aesthetic of his Batman and his fight scenes in BvS. I just would like to finally get the white eyed mask this time.
    I agree. I thought Affleck's Batman was the first Batman I saw and thought, "Yeah, that Batman would beat my ass." Bale, Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney...not so much.

With that being said, I think they HAVE to soft reboot the character. Just too much baggage and dead-ends with Snyder's Batman. Without going into the murdering side of that Batman, it's also a major hinderance for writers when all the interesting things that happened to the character happened off-screen during a nebulous 10-15 years in the past timeframe.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I'm hoping we see more of the actual Bat family; Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl etc. When they first announced Affleck I thought that was what they might be building to since he was a bit older. I'm not interested in seeing a 20 something Batman with no sidekicks again.

Astonishing Member

lol, thanks for the correction. I guess I should’ve just said a Batman who’s just younger than me since I’m in my early 30’s. If their casting within the age range of Ezra Miller and Logan Lerman that’s on the much younger side than how Batman is traditionally been in the movies. I think Bale was the youngest one cast, If I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-01-2019 at 11:02 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

I agree. I thought Affleck's Batman was the first Batman I saw and thought, "Yeah, that Batman would beat my ass." Bale, Keaton, Kilmer and Clooney...not so much.

With that being said, I think they HAVE to soft reboot the character. Just too much baggage and dead-ends with Snyder's Batman. Without going into the murdering side of that Batman, it's also a major hinderance for writers when all the interesting things that happened to the character happened off-screen during a nebulous 10-15 years in the past timeframe.
    My preference would be a hard reboot but I know that wouldn’t exactly be the smart move since eventually I suspect they would want to do another crossover film.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-01-2019 at 11:31 AM.

- Charles Schultz.