Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    they can literally release a major movie every two months if they wanna catch up so badly to Marvel.

Jan-Feb: Batman (Street Level)

Mar-Apr: Superman (World Level Threat)

May-Jun: Wonder Woman (Ancient Worlds/Godly Realms)

Jul-Aug: Green Lantern (Cosmic/Alien Species)

Sept-Oct: Aquaman (Hidden Worlds)

Nov-Dec: Flash (Universal Forces)

Jan-Feb: Martian Manthunter (Extinct Worlds)

*BREAK*

July 4th: Justice League

And then after 2nd year go wild because everything was already introduced.

I mean WTF is WB/Discovery doing?

But this requires trust and WB never had trust in their filmmakers from the very beginning.
    That sounds terrible

Edit: That's too harsh and not entirely genuine in regards to the movie ideas but the idea of pushing out a film every 2 months is terrible
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 08-04-2022 at 10:58 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So - essentially - Zaslav is not that great a guy.
    Surprising nobody, not even Zaslav.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Why does DC keep ending up in the hands of selfish jerks?
    You tend to hire people who agree with you, and the people who get to own big corporations don't get to the top with kindness and integrity.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Warner Bros Discovery - HBO Max Discovery Plus, DC Films 10 Year Plan, The Flash - FULL BREAKDOWN

WBD being $53 billion dollars in debt because of AT&T offloading all their debt on WBD feels like an anchor around WBD’s neck. How on Earth can they feasibly pay all that off? Definitely think it means they’re sticking with safe choices for projects going forward, they need that Marvel money. But I’ll be honest I suspect this may end with WBD getting broken up and sold off piecemeal again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Totally, but it seems to be working for Marvel they release something almost at this pace now and no one seems to be burnt out on it so far.
    One film every quarter compared to one film every two months.

The burnout comes from the D+ shows. It's project after project, but that's still a bit more optional than movie-going. There's at least a solid gap for movie-goers; the shows feel more optional (even if they can/have impacted the movies).

Pushing out six films in a calendar year that all have to work in conjunction isn't smart. And, if something goes wrong with one, who can course correct what comes next, it'll be too late.

Plus, money. These films will probably barely intersect in theaters but pushing people to them right after the other is taxing. Movie theaters are back, but in light of recent events, who knows for how much longer? That is something to consider.

I think an alternative way to get more than a more reasonable three films a year would be something other than the movie theaters. But clearly, that's not going to be the case.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

They announce this 10 year plan for DC movies that will lean heavily into the shared universe and the first significant move is bringing Batfleck back. So it’s likely that instead of rebooting they going to attempt to make better movies with the cast they already have. Obviously Ezra is done and Cavill is still a question mark.

Not sure why people are assuming Momoa and Gadot wouldn’t be willing to sign a contract extension. It’s not like they’re the most versatile actors and they'd be stupid to turn down a giant pay check. Ben seems like he is in a much better place in his life than he was 5 years ago so maybe he’s now willing to do his own Bat movies. A new Batman trilogy plus Aquaman and Wonder Woman 3 & 4 would definitely take up a big chunk of that 10 year plan.

If Blue Beetle does miraculously make it to theaters it will probably be the last DC movie to star a mid tier character for the foreseeable future. Zaslav is not interested in taking risks.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-04-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Also, the main thing I'm worried about is whether the films will have the same level of "sameness" MCU films do. It's held back a couple of films that could be 10x better with more creative direction. Black Panther was just itching to utilize its cast better, and while some of the remaining DCEU actors barely carry their roles, I don't want some universal feeling with every film.

I want tone shifts, each film to feel different. Of course, it's speculation on my part, but I am worried that emulating an MCU model will lead to cookie-cutter popcorn flicks when each movie should reflect its character, not the universe. And, I do say this as someone who enjoys MCU films, but anything that could be different just rides the wave of what every film does. Even when it bites a chunk out of different genres.

(And, I do think all the major Leagers should be recast.)
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Well, guess I'll be saving a lot of money on movie tickets over the next several years.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

At least they recognize the value in Superman which means a new movie could potentially be top of their list.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    At least they recognize the value in Superman which means a new movie could potentially be top of their list.
    Fingers crossed that we get a movie of Superman and Sasha Calles Supergirl fighting Brainiac!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Fingers crossed that we get a movie of Superman and Sasha Calles Supergirl fighting Brainiac!
    Call me petty, but I want the first time we see Braniac to be a solo Superman movie. I'm so tired of him sharing his best concepts.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Call me petty, but I want the first time we see Braniac to be a solo Superman movie. I'm so tired of him sharing his best concepts.
    Johns Brainiac arc had a Superman/Supergirl team up as the central focus so it works to use that for the next Superman movie if they’re keeping Cavill.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I always liked the aspect of Kara being terrified of Brainiac since she actually witnessed what he did to Kandor. So as far as I'm concerned I have no issues with Brainiac being the villain of a Superirl movie or if she had a team up movie with Kal against him.

Due to all the talk of protecting the brand, and a 10 year plan, I’m almost certain that the big name characters/actors (the whole justice league) are getting recast with a new universe following the Flash movie.

I don’t think Zaslav is looking at the last 9 years of a messy, inconsistent, controversy ridden cinematic universe as a good point to carry on from. Especially if he’s looking at DC as a brand for the next decade

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Johns Brainiac arc had a Superman/Supergirl team up as the central focus so it works to use that for the next Superman movie if they’re keeping Cavill.
    Johns' work was also the basis for the Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern. I'm just saying...