At point I’m not believing any of those so called scoopers anymore. It’s very clear at this point that many of them are not in the know and are just making things up as they go along, being vague and talking in riddles. Unless it comes from Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline or The Wrap… I don’t believe it
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The DCEU has no luck...

"Scrapping THE FLASH would be a huge mistake. Test audiences *really* enjoy the film and one person told me they’ve never seen an audience so into a movie or so excited to discuss it when it was done."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...24429652066305

"I don't know what's happening at Warner Bros. I can't imagine burying a $200 million+ movie would save more money than releasing it, even if it's an incredible flop (which I don't think it would be, audiences have liked it too much)"

"I also feel this is one of those situations where people, including studios, think social media holds WAY more sway than it actually does."

"(about cancelling it to save DC's rep.) By burying one of their most crowd-pleasing movies that audiences have responded to? I've heard its numbers are the highest for any DCEU movie."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...11444669763584

"It’s testing quite well too. I heard from a few people the scores are in the 70s, which is pretty solid."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...39302135693313

"Heard this as well about THE FLASH. For reference, test screening audiences grade a movie as Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, or Poor. The score is the percentage of attendees who rate the movie either Excellent or Very Good."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...39989770661888

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, cool, I like Dolphin. I just hope they don't try to kill off Mera off-screen and replace her with Dolphin.
    Maybe they can use spoilers:
    Arthur Jr.
    end of spoilers as an excuse for Mera to leave Arthur and disappear if Wan is opposed to recast the role.

It continues to boggle the mind that a movie like this is apparently that great when it seems to have had everything against it.

Although even if it's a great standalone film I'm not sure if it'll be a great Flash film.

BANNED

It continues to boggle the mind that a movie like this is apparently that great when it seems to have had everything against it.

Although even if it's a great standalone film I'm not sure if it'll be a great Flash film.
    A lot of the feedback from test screenings said that it's very much Barry's movie and that he has a pretty emotional character arc in it. Keaton's Batman is said to be a highlight, although he's very much in "supporting character" territory. It's got a good director and the cinematographer from the Suicide Squad. I don't think Flashpoint is as bad an intro to Flash story as people make it out to be. It deals with his background and motivations, it deals with the time travel and alternate universe stuff that are big parts of his mythology, and there's some poignant themes of making peace with your past. Also, honestly, having Keaton in it might be the thing that's saving it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The DCEU has no luck...

"Scrapping THE FLASH would be a huge mistake. Test audiences *really* enjoy the film and one person told me they’ve never seen an audience so into a movie or so excited to discuss it when it was done."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...24429652066305

"I don't know what's happening at Warner Bros. I can't imagine burying a $200 million+ movie would save more money than releasing it, even if it's an incredible flop (which I don't think it would be, audiences have liked it too much)"

"I also feel this is one of those situations where people, including studios, think social media holds WAY more sway than it actually does."

"(about cancelling it to save DC's rep.) By burying one of their most crowd-pleasing movies that audiences have responded to? I've heard its numbers are the highest for any DCEU movie."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...11444669763584

"It’s testing quite well too. I heard from a few people the scores are in the 70s, which is pretty solid."
    https://twitter.com/bigscreenleaks/s...39302135693313

"Heard this as well about THE FLASH. For reference, test screening audiences grade a movie as Excellent, Very Good, Good, Fair, or Poor. The score is the percentage of attendees who rate the movie either Excellent or Very Good."
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...39989770661888
    Isn't that good luck for DC? If the movie is getting a good reception, that probably means they're going to release it and have a hit on their hands after the debacle. (Think about it; profit and reputation is more important to WBD than the ethics of the situation).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Isn't that good luck for DC? If the movie is getting a good reception, that probably means they're going to release it and have a hit on their hands after the debacle. (Think about it; profit and reputation is more important to WBD than the ethics of the situation).
    I mean, the ethics of the situation are important. But the situation is not really WB’s fault. And the movie is too expensive to shelve.

The proper solution is just to release the film and then recast Barry for future DCEU films. It’s not the first time that an actor has had to be recast.

If it is testing that well, I say just release the movie and get it over with.

I'm sure Keaton and Sasha can handle the press but keep it contained and give them all the support they would need for the storm of questions about Ezra.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    A lot of the feedback from test screenings said that it's very much Barry's movie and that he has a pretty emotional character arc in it. Keaton's Batman is said to be a highlight, although he's very much in "supporting character" territory. It's got a good director and the cinematographer from the Suicide Squad. I don't think Flashpoint is as bad an intro to Flash story as people make it out to be. It deals with his background and motivations, it deals with the time travel and alternate universe stuff that are big parts of his mythology, and there's some poignant themes of making peace with your past. Also, honestly, having Keaton in it might be the thing that's saving it right now.
    I guess just to me, even if Barry has a good arc and is clearly the main character, it just seems to be missing what I would expect from a Flash movie:

- Actual Flash Rogues

- The movie is set entirely in Central City (which hasn't been confirmed one way or another from what I've seen).

- Focuses on Barry and his supporting cast and not guest heroes in an alternate timeline.

- Just ordinary Flash superheroics as he saves and protects his city without needing to correct the timeline.

But admittedly I'm pretty Flashpoint-ed out.

It's bad luck that they have another potential winner and not some mixed-bag controversial movie, but it had to be attached anyway to another type of controversy and negativity due to its main star. Almost every day there's a new article about Ezra's crimes and how WBD should release the movie if not release it all if things go worse with Ezra. It's all bad publicity.

Interview about Black Adam and the JSA: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-is-black-adam

BANNED

I guess just to me, even if Barry has a good arc and is clearly the main character, it just seems to be missing what I would expect from a Flash movie:

- Actual Flash Rogues

- The movie is set entirely in Central City (which hasn't been confirmed one way or another from what I've seen).

- Focuses on Barry and his supporting cast and not guest heroes in an alternate timeline.

- Just ordinary Flash superheroics as he saves and protects his city without needing to correct the timeline.

But admittedly I'm pretty Flashpoint-ed out.
    Fair. I guess I just feel like what a lot of people are asking for is a lot like every other superhero movie. And despite my love of the Flash, I'm not as enthralled with the Rogues as everyone else outside of Cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I mean, the ethics of the situation are important. But the situation is not really WB’s fault. And the movie is too expensive to shelve.

The proper solution is just to release the film and then recast Barry for future DCEU films. It’s not the first time that an actor has had to be recast.
    I honestly do think that Ezra Miller needs to be recast no matter what (if nothing else, to give them the chance for whatever rehab they need to get their life back on track). All the same, kinda hard to shake the notion that between this and Batgirl, WBD canceled the wrong movie for a tax break.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's bad luck that they have another potential winner and not some mixed-bag controversial movie, but it had to be attached anyway to another type of controversy and negativity due to its main star. Almost every day there's a new article about Ezra's crimes and how WBD should release the movie if not release it all if things go worse with Ezra. It's all bad publicity.
    Suppose the recent reshoots also make it hard for WBD to argue that Miller really went off the rails only after the movie was made. I do wonder how much the common audience will care in the long run or be keeping tabs on Miller's case (or even realize that Miller is in trouble and out of control).

Just realized that the fiasco really makes the whole business of the Speedforce scene from the Snyder Cut winning that Oscar poll age a lot worse than it already had.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    It's not a double standard when one is $90 million and the other is ballooning to $300 million and The Flash was needed to understand part of Batgirl.

But either way, WBD could've still released BG in theaters and still make $20million back instead of a tax write off so it was stupid.

BANNED

I honestly do think that Ezra Miller needs to be recast no matter what (if nothing else, to give them the chance for whatever rehab they need to get their life back on track). All the same, kinda hard to shake the notion that between this and Batgirl, WBD canceled the wrong movie for a tax break.

Suppose the recent reshoots also make it hard for WBD to argue that Miller really went off the rails only after the movie was made. I do wonder how much the common audience will care in the long run or be keeping tabs on Miller's case (or even realize that Miller is in trouble and out of control).

Just realized that the fiasco really makes the whole business of the Speedforce scene from the Snyder Cut winning that Oscar poll age a lot worse than it already had.
    I think it goes without saying for most people at this point that Miller needs to be recast for any future movies. It's gonna be at least a little uncomfortable to watch Miller in THIS movie after all the creepy stuff.