An anonymous actor who had a small role in Batgirl called David Zaslav an “imbecile” in a letter to IndieWire.

“His cowardice is breathtaking”.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Did the crew have issues with Boseman? I thought he was pretty beloved among his coworkers.
    There were no problems with Boseman. Nate Moore said in an interview that he constantly told Ryan Coogler not to be married to the idea of T’Challa being the Black Panther. The kicker was that he said that a couple of months after the first Black Panther came out in theaters, which was when Boseman was still alive.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 08-14-2022 at 02:58 PM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    There were no problems with Boseman. Nate Moore said in an interview that he constantly told Ryan Coogler not to be married to the idea of T’Challa being the Black Panther. The kicker was that he said a couple of months after the first Black Panther came out in theaters, which was when Boseman was still alive.
    Just boggles the mind...

BANNED

There were no problems with Boseman. Nate Moore said in an interview that he constantly told Ryan Coogler not to be married to the idea of T’Challa being the Black Panther. The kicker was that he said that a couple of months after the first Black Panther came out in theaters, which was when Boseman was still alive.
    True, but he said that, knowing he was seriously ill, so that's not too shocking. I'm still married to the idea of T'Challa as Black Panther. None of the other characters are exciting to me in that role (not even M'Baku, as much as I like him). The trailer looks good, but it's hard to be that invested in a movie when the primary character I care about isn't in it. But that's another topic.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Marvel has a built in retirement plan for their heroes so T'Challa EVENTUALLY giving the title away would've been normal. It just happened WAY sooner than what would've been planned.

True, but he said that, knowing he was seriously ill, so that's not too shocking. I'm still married to the idea of T'Challa as Black Panther. None of the other characters are exciting to me in that role (not even M'Baku, as much as I like him). The trailer looks good, but it's hard to be that invested in a movie when the primary character I care about isn't in it. But that's another topic.
    No. It’s been confirmed over and over again that nobody outside of Chadwick Boseman’s family knew he had cancer until after he passed.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

BANNED

No. It’s been confirmed over and over again that nobody outside of Chadwick Boseman’s family knew he had cancer until after he passed.
    I know. I'm saying that Boseman knew he was sick, so that's probably why he said that to Ryan Coogler.

I know. I'm saying that Boseman knew he was sick, so that's probably why he said that to Ryan Coogler.
    Did Chadwick say that or Nate Moore?

Niffleheim

Sweet Jesus!
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did Chadwick say that or Nate Moore?
    Ohhh I misread that. It was probably Nate Moore.

Ohhh I misread that. It was probably Nate Moore.
    It was Nate Moore.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview about Black Adam and the JSA: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-is-black-adam
    Well it's good to see that Johnson is okay with playing the villain angle, even if Black Adam is likely to be at least partially redeemed by the end.

Kind of sucks they aren't tapping into the Hawkman reincarnation angle where he would remember Black Adam back then.

Extraordinary Member

Dwayne Johnson 'Fought Hard' for Both Black Adam and Shazam to Get Solo Films
    https://www.cbr.com/dwayne-johnson-f...igin-films-dc/

DWAYNE JOHNSON
    WANTED 'BLACK ADAM' SEPARATE FROM 'SHAZAM!'
    Comic Nerds Scratch Heads
    Dwayne Johnson has comic nerds confused after suggesting it'd be wrong to include his DC character alongside another hero in the same movie ... without getting his own movie first.

The Rock revealed to Vanity Fair he did a little lobbying with WB to make sure 'Black Adam' would be its own standalone film before any potential blending with 'Shazam!' -- a separate character played by Zachary Levi, who Adam actually faces off with in the source material.

VF writes that Black Adam, played by Dwayne, was actually set to be in the first 'Shazam!' movie in 2019, as he was initially written into the script as the big bad opposite Levi.

The Rock says when he saw this, though, upon first being approached for the project ... he expressed his reservations -- recounting, "When the first draft of the movie came to us, it was a combination of Black Adam and Shazam: Two origin stories in one movie."

He adds, "Now that was the goal -- so it wasn’t a complete surprise. But when I read that, I just knew in my gut, 'We can’t make this movie like this. We would be doing Black Adam an incredible disservice.' It would’ve been fine for Shazam having two origin stories converge in one movie, but not good for Black Adam." Dwayne made some calls, and got his way.

DJ doesn't elaborate on why he thinks it'd be a disservice ... and that's where the DC fandom is kicking in. In their eyes, it makes complete sense to introduce Black Adam in a 'Shazam!' movie -- even from the get-go -- seeing how BA is literally a known nemesis.

That's not what the 'Shazam!' films have done thus far ... in both the OG/forthcoming sequel, there are other bad guys Shazam is fighting, although Black Adam has been teased. Eventually, they'll cross paths ... but critics think it's strange Dwayne insisted on having his outing to kickstart things. Frankly, a Carly Simon song is coming to mind for some over this.

The argument ... The Rock's ego might be showing by admitting he wanted the character to be bigger than WB had, perhaps, initially intended -- especially if he was going to play him.

In Dwayne's defense ... all he did was chirp up on what he thought would be best, and clearly Warner thought that was the right way to go -- seeing how they actually pivoted and did a whole 'Black Adam' flick like DJ suggested, which is coming out later this fall. And besides, it's all headed for a big mashup anyway down the line ... so who cares?

It's also possible WBD now has a plan to include BA beyond just the 'Shazam!' universe -- seeing how Dwayne talked about a possible matchup with Superman. And if so ... great!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/14/dwayn...e-from-shazam/

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You mean the crew who wanted him GONE the moment the closing credits for the first movie started playing?

The folks that fail to realize Shuri that was Panther is NOT the same version as movie Shuri?

We have had folk die and get replaced.

Only 1 character that I know of that got retired when someone died. It was Scooter of the Muppets and it only lasted 7 years before he came back and then another 3 before he spoke again.

In the case of Miller it's time to go, get help and we'll try again after everything legal is settled.

Too many folks worked on this film to have it scrapped (same with Batgirl and Beetle)-especially those whose first work is that film.
    If it’s the Nate Moore stuff you’re talking about, I don’t think it’s as simple as the crew wanting him out of the role as soon as the credits rolled. It’s just keeping options open for their movies to explore. (Also where’s the source for that? It’s the first I’ve heard of it?)

You’re right, they have been replaced, but they also don’t need to be replaced. There will be a reboot at some point, and T’Challa will be replaced then. We can have a film that respects and honours both the character and the actor without immediately replacing him like a machine. Boseman is a huge part of what made that first movie successful, and I doubt anyone could have been hired that wouldn’t have been hated on almost immediately, no matter how good they were.

I absolutely agree that Flash shouldn’t be cancelled, and should be released, but I definitely would recast. If the allegations are true (which, for the most part they appear to be) Miller has clearly used fame as a way to manipulate and influence people in negative ways, and he shouldn’t be given a platform for that. Especially by playing one of the most well known superheroes
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 08-15-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Dwayne Johnson 'Fought Hard' for Both Black Adam and Shazam to Get Solo Films
    https://www.cbr.com/dwayne-johnson-f...igin-films-dc/

DWAYNE JOHNSON
    WANTED 'BLACK ADAM' SEPARATE FROM 'SHAZAM!'
    Comic Nerds Scratch Heads

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/14/dwayn...e-from-shazam/
    God, I have Black Adam fatigue already