Such a weird decision to not explore Hawkman’s reincarnation when dealing with an ancient foe like Black Adam.
    I thought that was the biggest reason to have Hawkman be so prominent in the movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Such a weird decision to not explore Hawkman’s reincarnation when dealing with an ancient foe like Black Adam.
    I thought that was the biggest reason to have Hawkman be so prominent in the movie.
    In hope he gets his own projects and segues into GL

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    An anonymous actor who had a small role in Batgirl called David Zaslav an “imbecile” in a letter to IndieWire.

“His cowardice is breathtaking”.
    "So you ditched Green and went Yellow, the color of cowardice".

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Right? Such an obvious hook.

Probably don't want to address the clusterfuck that is Hawkman continuity until they get a spin-off.

Astonishing Member

Only have to do previous incarnations to present day.

Wouldn't be surprised someday somebody decides on alien crash lands in ancient Egypt and lives to today instead. Regeneration and mild humanoid shape shifting can be included.

Yeah, I'm surprised they're going with the reincarnation angle and not connecting that to Black Adam.

Unless they didn't want to have to explain both the reincarnation angle and the Thanagarian tech even though that's been merged/explained enough times by this point.

It's obvious that Hawkman and the others are just there to be props to Black Adam, no need for a backstory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Probably don't want to address the clusterfuck that is Hawkman continuity until they get a spin-off.
    The backstory of Hawkman is really only a mess in mainline comics and that's only because of decades of retcons on top of retcons. There's nothing inherently wrong with Hawkman's backstory and it's never been a problem in adaptations. He's a warrior that's been reincarnated throughout the centuries along with his love. It wasn't confusing until post-COIE when DC couldn't figure out which stories were in continuity and how two Hawkmen could exist in one universe, etc. None of that is a factor in adaptations.

If you're looking for a laugh, #Batmangate is pretty good.

Yeah I totally figured that’s why he was in the damn movie. This really takes alway the most interesting facet of their relationship/conflict. Hawkman and Dr. Fate knew Adam in ancient Egypt and now they’re meeting again in modern times. There’s your hook. Makes no sense not to use that.

My expectations for this flick get lower the more I hear about the story.

Extraordinary Member

This is from last week.
    DC's Black Canary Solo Movie Has Survived Warner Bros. Cuts
    A Warner Bros. spokesperson confirms DC's planned Black Canary solo film is still in development at HBO Max.
    Despite Batgirl's cancellation, Warner Bros. Pictures' planned Black Canary solo film set within the DC Extended Universe is still a go at HBO Max.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-black-canary-...pment-hbo-max/

Zaslav already canceled one flick about a raceswapped character, they can't cancel another. Not so soon anyway.

I’m expecting all green lights and cancellations to be on hold until the new DC head gets settled in (which apparently is still months away?)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Zaslav already canceled one flick about a raceswapped character, they can't cancel another. Not so soon anyway.
    I don't know why I find this kind of funny given it's probably a total coincidence .