Since Teen Titans is one of DC’s most recognizable properties I’m really hoping they are part of the supposed 10 year plan. The HBO Max show is apparently getting canceled so that could open things up for the big screen. Since they’re bringing back Batfleck, they could do the Batman vs Deathstroke movie and introduce Nightwing. Maybe Grayson helps stop Slade and then he wants revenge when Nightwing goes off and starts his own team.

Yeah, now that Batfleck is back I’d like to see him finally take on Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke. Affleck is at the age where you can bring in the entire Bat-family.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Yeah, now that Batfleck is back I’d like to see him finally take on Joe Manganiello’s Deathstroke. Affleck is at the age where you can bring in the entire Bat-family.
    He is not back.... not exactly

Do we have any concrete evidence batfleck is back? I know he came back for Aquaman, but we don’t know why he’s back for that yet

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Kinda hard to have your **** together when you were just sold and all the debt as piled on you. AGAIN.
    That's exactly my point. DC films will never have stability while their corporate owners are disorganized. They can have a ten year plan, they can hire their own 'Kevin Feige', they can have multiple projects in development, pre production, production, post production, etc. But none of that matters when the WB corporate goes through another shuffle and they throw everything out.

Since the Nolan DK trilogy ended, how many plans have their been for DC movies? How many people have been in charge? How many projects have been announced that will never see the light of day?

Any success and quality in the DC movies happens despite the WB corporate plans, not because of them. And this will continue as long as the WB corporate is in flux. Zaslov is not the savior for DC movies. He's just another exec who threw out the last guy's ideas. Most likely he'll be replaced by another exec who will throw out his ideas.

Astonishing Member

And to be blunt, there’s also the issue that Zaslav might well decide there’s more money to be made auctioning off the DC IPs separately than as a package

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Do we have any concrete evidence batfleck is back? I know he came back for Aquaman, but we don’t know why he’s back for that yet
    True. I wish WBD would clear this up a bit.

They talk about a ten year plan to Wall Street and offer zero explanation about said plans.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    And to be blunt, there’s also the issue that Zaslav might well decide there’s more money to be made auctioning off the DC IPs separately than as a package
    This is also true although I think the town will kill him if he does it.

I could see him selling all of DC to Apple or Amazon though. Would help clear a bit of WBD’s massive debt.

I think it's HIGHLY unlikely, but I wouldn't mind some Apple TV+ DC shows lol.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Just based on what he's been saying, I would bet that he's not going to do that. But based on the sheer incompetence I've seen from him I wouldn't rule it out.

True. I wish WBD would clear this up a bit.

They talk about a ten year plan to Wall Street and offer zero explanation about said plans.
    Yep. It’s kind of redundant to offer a ten year plan and then say they’re looking for someone to steer the ship. Does that mean they have a plan and want someone to carry it out (not too similar to Feige) or do they want someone like Feige to come in and make a 10 year plan?

That earnings call did sound like a bit of a band aid to stop investors from worrying. Like, I don’t understand how they’ve cancelled Batgirl due to it being damaging to the brand BUT also because it cost too much for a streaming service, yet Blue beetle probably won’t be too far out of that budget either. No mention of the Ezra Miller problems. Black Canary and Green Lantern still being on track despite Zaslav claiming that DC should be a theatre type franchise going forward.

I know there was a lot of positivity surrounding Discovery’s purchase of WB, but I’ve yet to see anything to make me personally excited. It seems like a lot of juxtaposition and empty gestures so far. For what it’s worth, I’d be surprised if they bought Batfleck back full time (even if Affleck wanted to do it). I think that any management at WB will be quite unhappy with the bad press the Snyder cut stuff got them overall.

Until Zaslav and co offer any real updates on anything, time will tell!

I'm already worried Zaslav might kill DC or WB Animation as it is...

Zaslav seems like a moron and a corporate goon (the recent animation news to save a few bucks on residuals is disgusting to me), but he seems to genuinely be envious of Marvel's success. He knows superheroes are potentially big business if handled right and has talked about all the money The Batman and Joker made, so I don't see him getting rid of the DC IP without giving a crack at it.

It's a bunch of other stuff I'm worried about.
    Last edited by Holt; 08-18-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

They can keep the movie and media rights and more, and sell the publisher away.

Me, I think they will reduce content and try to sell off non DC stuff.

Then another merger, WBD combines with some other company in the future with less debt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    They can keep the movie and media rights and more, and sell the publisher away.

Me, I think they will reduce content and try to sell off non DC stuff.

Then another merger, WBD combines with some other company in the future with less debt.
    That would vastly reduce the value of DC, which lies largely in the ability of the rights holder to use the characters in movies and TV.