Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if many of these different IPs they have get sold for cash infusions. I think they'll hold onto WB filmography, DC, HBO, and Looney Tunes but anything else could easily be sold. Especially CN considering it seems they are taking an axe to animation
    I think they also own Rankin-Bass (Thundercats), Popular Library (Nedor) and M.E.G.S. (superhero rpg)...but Zaslav may not know this...because WB might have forgotten they owned these.

Astonishing Member

Quite frankly, a Barry Levinson movie written by Nicholas Pileggi sounds more interesting than anything superero-related.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Quite frankly, a Barry Levinson movie written by Nicholas Pileggi sounds more interesting than anything superero-related.
    Tastes being what they are the movie could win an Oscar but Zaslav made public his new edict was about money being the main thing going forward but he is also engaging in cronyism that is going to lose them money.
    I'm surprised but not surprised a lot of people in the industry don't seem to like the man which is spurring the bad PR and stories

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    At this point I feel Zaslav is going to completely destroy WB and sell it off piece by piece to the highest bidder. The big question will be who gets DC, although WB filmography, CN and Looney Tunes/Hanna Barbera are huge gets as well
    That's going to be their only option if their 10 year plan doesn't work out as intended.

To make money you need to spend money first.

But they're reluctant to spend money because WBD is in $48B in debt. To put it into perspective, Marvel after Avengers EG had $20B in Box office by comparison.

So they're cancel some stuff, make some money off of whatever they can launch and then sell off whatever they couldn't.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Many analysts believe a WBD merger with Comcast is an inevitability.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Just when we thought this couldn't get any worse.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    This has been a Wall Street wet dream since the Disney/Fox merger.

The HBO max Twitter account has deactivated replies on promotional tweets. That’s when you know things are going south.
    Last edited by Serpico Jones; 08-20-2022 at 02:14 PM.

I went ahead and cancelled my subscription. And I was willing to wait until the new season of Harley Quinn finished up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I went ahead and cancelled my subscription. And I was willing to wait until the new season of Harley Quinn finished up.
    Wise decision. WB has always had a history of pissing money away, but their audience doesn't exactly tend to have that kind of luxury.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-21-2022 at 05:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don’t think anything Zaslav does is doing to make enough of a dent in the 53 billion dollar debt WBD has in time to save it, and I can’t see any other company being willing to take on that kind of debt in a merger.

Firesale?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This has been a Wall Street wet dream since the Disney/Fox merger.
    So, what's the issue with WBD merging with Comcast? Why would this be considered bad news to some?

Mighty Member

https://www.cbr.com/david-zaslav-10-...ros-discovery/

And in addition, I agree with this article 100%. DC works best when not tied to continuity. Creatives have freedom Everyone but WBD and Axe man Zaslav knows this. They are looking silly trying to chase Marvel. And what Marvel did was a huge gamble in 2008 that fortunately paid off. It wasn't quick. Even by 2011 when Thor released it was still a gamble. It wasn't some magic thing that was figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, what's the issue with WBD merging with Comcast? Why would this be considered bad news to some?
    Coz market monopolies are bad. With Disney swallowing Fox, the big studios went from 6 to just 5. If WB and Comcast (parent company of Universal) merge, it will further reduce to 4. This is not the picture of a healthy and robust marketplace.

Astonishing Member

Serious question, but would Zaslav be more inclined to sell off DC as a singular block or would he slice off the IPs and auction them off separately?