There’s no way for them to get rid of $55b in debt. Zaslav will have to dismantle most of the company and even then it won’t be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    There’s no way for them to get rid of $55b in debt. Zaslav will have to dismantle most of the company and even then it won’t be enough.
    ^This.

In order to make money you also have to spend money first and every cent spent is going to add to the debt. The only way to starve off debt is to cancel projects and to sell parts of your company.

The other option is to do more collaborations so somebody else can pay for part of your projects and you can still net some income.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Have mercy.

https://thedirect.com/article/batgir...age-smartphone

So not only did they cancel the movie but they deleted all the footage as well. At this point I want everyone involved with this movie to go over to Marvel out of spite.
    The treatment of this movie continues to astound me.

Like, even if it wasn't the best movie, doing this to it, just feels...wrong.

Matt Reeves has signed a new first look deal with WBD.

Extraordinary Member

‘The Batman 2’: Mattson Tomlin to Co-Write Script with Matt Reeves
    Screenwriter Mattson Tomlin is once again heeding the call of the Bat-signal.

Tomlin is reteaming with Matt Reeves to co-write The Batman 2, the follow-up to Reeves’ well-received Robert Pattinson-starring take on the Caped Crusader that proved to be a hit with audiences.
    Tomlin worked on The Batman, coming in during the development when third act issues arose, although he did not receive screenwriting credit, which Reeves shared with Peter Craig. This time around, Tomlin is coming in on the ground floor.
    Tomlin worked on Batman and also made his comic book debut writing a Batman mini-series titled Batman: The Imposter, drawn by Andrea Sorrentino and released in 2021 to strong reviews. Tomlin is now working on BRZRKR, Netflix’s adaptation of the Boom! Studios book co-created by Keanu Reeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Well, they kinda had to because if that footage got out, technically they would owe more that money from the tax break back to the Govt.

Good to know The Batman is safe. I wonder if we’ll hear any news on films for DCEU post-Flash?

Extraordinary Member

Have mercy.

So not only did they cancel the movie but they deleted all the footage as well. At this point I want everyone involved with this movie to go over to Marvel out of spite.

One of the main reasons why WBD deleted the batgirl film is because they do not want the repeat of zack snyder's justice league movement so they learn that lesson from the past management/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

TBF I think they did this to prevent the directors from pulling a Zack Snyder who stole a hard drive of his original JL footage and started teasing bits and pieces of it online which triggered the Snyder Cut movement.

Extraordinary Member

Update-
    ‘Batgirl’ Directors: We Were Blocked From Accessing Footage After Studio Canceled Movie
    Earlier this month, Warner Bros. Discovery kicked off a wave of cancellations and cost-cutting measures by scrapping DC’s $90 million “Batgirl” movie starring Leslie Grace, which was already in post-production. In a new interview with French outlet Skript, “Batgirl” co-directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah revealed that the studio blocked their access to footage after axing the film.
    To read more go here.
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ry-1235348101/

Extraordinary Member

Here is some talk about it here.

Batgirl Footage Erased?! Matt Reeves Warner Bros Discovery Deal, Only Murders Season 2 Finale

Good to hear that Reeves’ Batman is getting a sequel. It made money and was liked by critics and fans. That’s a rare feat these days for a DC project. Unfortunately it also propagates the image that all WB can get right is Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Well, they kinda had to because if that footage got out, technically they would owe more that money from the tax break back to the Govt.
    It’s sucks but it’s not surprising. As you said, the studio had to erase all footage and prevent it from ever getting out or they would be in huge trouble with the IRS. They’ve already taken the $100 million write off. If that movie gets released and anyone gets a profit it could be a federal crime.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-23-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    TBF I think they did this to prevent the directors from pulling a Zack Snyder who stole a hard drive of his original JL footage and started teasing bits and pieces of it online which triggered the Snyder Cut movement.
    I don't think Batgirl would've garnered the same traction but it's also not fair this is now just lost.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in another thread recently too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Batgirl footage still exists, the directors were simply banned from the servers

https://twitter.com/ghostfinder/stat...2vblqSgkT0tjhg
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Batgirl/page31

Have mercy.

damn, I remember someone getting sucked into a jet engine for trying to do that in a GTA V mission.