Page 128 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 28781181241251261271281291301311321381782286281128 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m a Harley and BoP fan but nothing about this movie remotely excites/interests me. At least the tattoo indicates that Harley has moved on from the Joker. I HATE when their relationship is portrayed as some Hot Topic romance. It’s a very abusive relationship and Harley suffered from battered spouse syndrome. It’s not anything that should be made to seem cute.
    (Unless it's from Harley's warped perspective).

Here is some "real" news: release dates have been set for DC Super Pets (21 May 2021), The Batman (25 June 2021), and The Suicide Squad (6 August 2021).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I'm excited about the Birds or Prey, Harley Quinn though not so much.
    Brace yourself for all the Harley projects coming onscreen. WB loves this character enough to postpone her for 4 years and then have a movie starring her for the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like this film is going to make up for the lack of outright Superhero costumes with all of Harley's fabulous outfits .

Not surprised to be honest. It seemed like they were always moving in that direction with the drive for a "Harley vs. Joker movie" or with all of the rumors about the Harley movies.

I wonder if we're ever going to see Leto as Joker again, to be honest.
    Gunn hates Leto so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’m in no rush to see Mr. DAMAGED any time soon tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn hates Leto so I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’m in no rush to see Mr. DAMAGED any time soon tbh.
    And if we get a new Batman under Reeves I can see them doing a new Joker to go along with him (assuming Leto isn't reserved for the Harley movies, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I mean BvS' negative reception was (at least in part) due to being badly handled behind the scenes. Patty Jenkins also talked about having to fight for control of her movie and MoS wasn't even supposed to be the launching point of a cinematic universe. It's easy to act like everything is Snyder's fault but most of the problems here have come from people running WB.
    Patty has never said she fought for control with the studio.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I mean BvS' negative reception was (at least in part) due to being badly handled behind the scenes. Patty Jenkins also talked about having to fight for control of her movie and MoS wasn't even supposed to be the launching point of a cinematic universe. It's easy to act like everything is Snyder's fault but most of the problems here have come from people running WB.
    This is incorrect. I'm sure you're alluding to the report that Warner Bros executives didn't want the No Man's Land sequence in WW but Jenkins fought to keep it in anyway but that’s not actually the case.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-03-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

edited post.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-02-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Since Reeves Batman will apparently place more focus on the detective aspects of the character than ever before seen in the films then I'd like it if they have Batman explain his deductions to the audience by having him speak to Alfred through his communicator installed in his cowl.

Kind of like this. Start at the 2:31 mark.

Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-03-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Since Reeves Batman will apparently place more focus on the detective aspects of the character than ever before seen in the films then I'd like it if they have Batman explain his deductions to audience by having him speak to Alfred through his communicator installed in his cowl.

Kind of like this. Start at the 2:31 mark.

Yeah, I think that's a good replacement for an inner monologue.

Speaking of Alfred, will they bring back Jeremy Irons? Ditto for JK Simmons's Gordon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    But that is all on Snyder though. To say you had a 5 movie plan and the first movie that you delivered on was very divisive and under preformed should make you reassess your vision. He didn't do that and doubled down on it again with his take in the BvS movie, which again regardless if you liked it or not proved to be very divisive and controversial. The studio let him have his opportunity. Most in life don't even get one opportunity to do this and he got 2 movies to showcase his vision with the studio letting him do it his way. I feel like he had his opportunity and it never really caught on. The studio should have moved on from him before the JL movie but I get that it was already in production by the time the BvS came out. The studio isn't blameless for their part, but I feel that Snyder got a fair shot with MoS and BvS.

Honestly, when you are tasked with basically creating a new modern Superman movie the last thing you want to do is make it divisive. You are trying to win over a new audience with Superman and make them fall in love with the character with the hopes of setting up a full expanded universe coming out of this, and right out of the gate he stumbled with that with large portions of the viewers.

I've been saying this since BvS came out. I couldn't agree more. It is great to have a 5 movie plan but if the first movie is divisive then it is outright insane to think they will continue to give you complete creative control. When the 2nd one is even more divisive it becomes even crazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I can't believe there are people who still blame the studios and not realize that the problem is in Snyder's creative vision.
    The studio does share some of the blame but the majority of it has to got to Snyder's vision. The biggest mistake was keeping him on JL after BvS.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    ��������
    Nah, I think the studios prevented a disaster in the making. Sure, that all sounds good on paper, but so did SuckerPunch.
    The more hear about his DCEU plan the more I am glad that we didn't see it.
    Last edited by FlashEarthOne; 02-03-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Speaking of Alfred, will they bring back Jeremy Irons? Ditto for JK Simmons's Gordon.
    I feel like only the WW and Aquaman franchises are safe from recasting... and Margot Robbie.

Aquaman has passed the 1.1 billion mark, and it still has Japan left to go!

https://twitter.com/BORReport/status...89745390235648

It will either come very close to Civil War worldwide, or might manage to beat it. Not bad for just one fishman.

Never mind. There just isn't any point. People will believe what they want to believe.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-03-2019 at 11:11 AM.