"They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

Some talk.
    New DC Films And TV Boss Has Been Reportedly Found

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Also, if The Flash is receiving test results similar to Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy as THR claims then how can you move away from Michael Keaton after that? I’m glad I’m not the one making these decisions although I wish I had their paycheck.
    Well, you’re assuming that Keaton is the reason that Flash is testing so well. From what I’ve heard, Keaton is not really what has made The Flash film stand out. And don’t forget: Ben Affleck is in The Flash as well. And I’ve heard that his performance is actually being lauded.

Furthermore, you have to think about it from the perspective of the longevity of the universe. It has never really made sense for them to go with a Batman who was already in their 70s. Not to say that Michael Keaton isn’t an amazing actor. He is. But even Ben Affleck faced backlash for being “too old” to play Batman and he has literally JUST turned 50, meaning he was only 44 when BvS came out and is several years younger than both Mark Ruffalo and Robert Downey Jr.

So, from the perspective of a film executive, you want someone who is going to be able to play the character for a long while. And while Keaton is a wonderful actor and someone I’d want to see play any role, he had his chance to be Batman. Merging the DCEU with the Burtonverse Batman films has always been a really stupid idea. And I think Zaslav also realizes that, which is probably part of the reason he axed Batgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    From what I’ve heard, Keaton is not really what has made The Flash film stand out. And don’t forget: Ben Affleck is in The Flash as well. And I’ve heard that his performance is actually being lauded.
    Actually, from what I've heard of the test screenings Keaton's role in the film actually did go over quite well and garnered several of the biggest "cheer" moments.

https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/s...23196240625665
    Last edited by Holt; 08-26-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Actually, from what I've heard of the test screenings Keaton's role in the film actually did go over quite well and garnered several of the biggest "cheer" moments.

https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/s...23196240625665
    I wasn’t saying he was bad in the film. It’s just from what I’ve heard, the movie doesn’t solely rest on HIM to carry it. Either way, even if he was the highlight of the film, if I was a film exec at WB, I’d still look at his role as just a nice nod to a past iteration of Batman. It’s like how Tobey Maguire being in Spider-Man NWH was a nod to his time as Spider-Man. At the same time though, I don’t think anyone is expecting Tobey to take over as the Spider-Man of the MCU.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-26-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Perhaps, but I wasn't really talking about whether or not he could continue to be the DCEU's Batman in spite of his age. I was responding because the comment, coupled with immediately following it up with a claim that Affleck's performance in the film was being lauded, made it sound like audiences were coming away not caring about Keaton but going gaga over Affleck, when the reports on the test screenings indicated he's considered one of the high points.

Still think the new guy in charge should reboot. Keeping the existing continuity going is pure sunk cost

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Still think the new guy in charge should reboot. Keeping the existing continuity going is pure sunk cost
    And it's not like there's much going on with it at this point...

Umberto Gonzalez from the Wrap did a Twitter spaces today and was asked about Henry Cavill returning and said he couldn’t answer because it would be a spoiler. Looks like he’s in Black Adam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And it's not like there's much going on with it at this point...
    I mean, pretty much every upcoming movie in their slate is set in that continuity so we can’t really say that there isn’t much going on with it.

Also, I don’t get the desire to reboot when the DCEU is actually producing good content at the present moment. Those sentiments are mostly coming from people who are so blinded by their dislike of Snyder as a filmmaker or of some initial choices in the DCEU that they think everything that comes out of it is tainted. I mean, I see a lot of people complaining about the current state of the MCU, but not many people want to reboot it completely.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-26-2022 at 09:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Umberto Gonzalez from the Wrap did a Twitter spaces today and was asked about Henry Cavill returning and said he couldn’t answer because it would be a spoiler. Looks like he’s in Black Adam.
    Good. Hopefully we can get that Man of Steel sequel where we finally get a DCEU Brainiac.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-26-2022 at 09:48 PM.

If they’re bringing back Affleck then they’re bringing back Cavill. Only one who is gone for good at this point is Fisher I expect.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lin was a producer on JL Mortal. Would be hilarious if they resurrected that project.
    That would be awesome! Haha

Personally I doubt anyone who is being touted as DC’s Kevin Feige would want to come in and play with other people’s toys, with a universe already established. Either Dan Lin comes in and is allowed to change things up A LOT, or Zaslav has hired someone (Dan Lin or otherwise) that is pretty much carrying out Zaslav’s instructions

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If they’re bringing back Affleck then they’re bringing back Cavill. Only one who is gone for good at this point is Fisher I expect.
    Cavil isn’t coming back