Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Thank you. Yes, exactly! If you’re an actor, a role as the lead character in a blockbuster franchise film is probably the best thing that can happen in your career, aside from maybe like winning an Oscar for Best Actor or Actress.

So, suggesting that Momoa or Gadot are looking to call it quits for…reasons just isn’t really rooted in the reality of how the business works. Again, look how Chris Hemsworth is hanging on with all his might to Thor.
    Maybe just maybe they want to walk away to have the freedom and control of what they work on.

Notice a lot of Jason's projects are either produce or written by who?? HIM.

Yes folks DO walk away from roles.

In some cases due to fear of typecasting.

Tom Baker, Peter Davidson and others did it with Dr Who.

Bill Bellamy admits to declining roles because he was in a hit movie called How to be a Player and every role he got offered was him playing the same guy he played in that movie. He went a year without a gig over that.

Jeremy Suarez could NOT get work because of Bernie Mac show and playing Jordan. He was doing construction work that is how bad it got for him.

In some cases that "icon" role comes with a TON of restrictions.

Ask Jaleel White what restrictions he had to deal with playing Urkel.

Ask Quincy Fouse of Legacies about not being able to change his look and having to shave because of his role on the show.

Nichelle Nichols could not do Mannix because of Star Trek.

Some of the Power Rangers and related shows like Beetleborgs-same thing-restrictions. Beetleborgs lost a cast member over it.

Christina Applegate declined a Kelly Bundy Spinoff to replace MWC.

Or outside issues take place...

What About Andy-a teletoon show had to fire the cast because it moved productions to Canada and was required to only hire Canadians.
    Nightman tv show same thing.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Yes, RDJ/Chris/Scarlet all chose to walk away…right when their characters were all either killed off or aged out.
    ....you really think that they killed them off or aged them up because thats the story they wanted to tell lol. Ok....

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Maybe just maybe they want to walk away to have the freedom and control of what they work on.

Notice a lot of Jason's projects are either produce or written by who?? HIM.

Yes folks DO walk away from roles.

In some cases due to fear of typecasting.

Tom Baker, Peter Davidson and others did it with Dr Who.

Bill Bellamy admits to declining roles because he was in a hit movie called How to be a Player and every role he got offered was him playing the same guy he played in that movie. He went a year without a gig over that.

Jeremy Suarez could NOT get work because of Bernie Mac show and playing Jordan. He was doing construction work that is how bad it got for him.

In some cases that "icon" role comes with a TON of restrictions.

Ask Jaleel White what restrictions he had to deal with playing Urkel.

Ask Quincy Fouse of Legacies about not being able to change his look and having to shave because of his role on the show.

Nichelle Nichols could not do Mannix because of Star Trek.

Some of the Power Rangers and related shows like Beetleborgs-same thing-restrictions. Beetleborgs lost a cast member over it.

Christina Applegate declined a Kelly Bundy Spinoff to replace MWC.

Or outside issues take place...

What About Andy-a teletoon show had to fire the cast because it moved productions to Canada and was required to only hire Canadians.
    Nightman tv show same thing.
    What makes you think that they don’t have any freedom or control. Again, as has been pointed out, they both have worked on their other projects. Momoa has had a whole series on Apple TV and Gadot has been in several films.

Also, the examples you point out are mostly from actors who played supporting characters on sitcoms from the 90s and early 2000s. Not really the most analogous examples to blockbuster film franchises. And some of what you pointed out are people who played the same character on TV for several years, meaning they spent several months at a time, day in and day out, playing those characters for multiple seasons. So, at that point, yeah they were likely burned out on that character. After all, Christina Applegate certainly proved that she had bigger and better days ahead of her after she moved on from Kelly Bundy.

In contrast, the people who star in these blockbuster superhero franchises usually film for a couple months at a time, wrap the movie, and then usually have to wait several years before returning for the sequel. So, a lot less likely that they’d be burned out on the character.

But also, a lot of what you point at is just…the nature of the business and life as an actor. As an actor, sometimes there are periods where you work consistently, and then there are lulls where you work less often, and then there are periods where you don’t work at all. Sometimes for years at a time. Any actor will tell you: that life is a roller coaster. That’s why a lot of actors who aren’t A-list celebrities have survival jobs. And even A-list celebrities have side-ventures and other businesses a lot of the time.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-04-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ....you really think that they killed them off or aged them up because thats the story they wanted to tell lol. Ok....
    That’s actually very possible. I mean, what better way to cap off the Infinity Saga than with a bunch of deaths of fan favorite characters, including the guy who was the “head honcho” for a lot of the MCU.

Jim Parsons' departed from CBS's "The Big Bang Theory"

Sarah Michelle Gellar left Buffy

Jared/Jensen left Supernatural

Jesse Williams left "Grey's Anatomy"

Chris Evans left Captain America

Scarlett Johansson left Black Widow

RDJ left Iron man

Christian Bale left Batman

Daniel Craig is leaving James Bond

Hugh Jackman left Wolverine

Daniel Radcliff has no interest in returning to Harry Potter

Sure the list goes on.

That’s actually very possible. I mean, what better way to cap off the Infinity Saga than with a bunch of deaths of fan favorite characters, including the guy who was the “head honcho” for a lot of the MCU.
    With this I am officially done with this portion of the conversation lol. Especially since all of them have talked about their reasons for departing their roles.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-04-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Jim Parsons' departed from CBS's "The Big Bang Theory"

Sarah Michelle Gellar left Buffy

Jared/Jensen left Supernatural

Jesse Williams left "Grey's Anatomy"

Chris Evans left Captain America

Scarlett Johansson left Black Widow

RDJ left Iron man

Christian Bale left Batman

Daniel Craig is leaving James Bond

Hugh Jackman left Wolverine

Daniel Radcliff has no interest in returning to Harry Potter

Sure the list goes on.

With this I am officially done with this portion of the conversation lol. Especially since all of them have talked about their reasons for departing their roles.
    Lolz. Again, none of these are the same as Gal Gadot or Jason Momoa. Weren’t you the one who said that we can’t compare actors when I brought up Chris Hemsworth.

Also, again, not really analogous. Daniel Craig has been Jamed Bond since 2006. High Jackman was Wolverine from 2000 to 2017. Christopher Nolan was very clear from the get-go that he wanted his Batman films to end as a trilogy. Daniel Radcliffe was Harry Potter for EIGHT films. Jensen and Jared were on Supernatural for 15 seasons. That’s almost 300 hour long episodes (also worth noting though that Jensen is actually producing the Winchester prequel series). Similar story with Buffy and Big Bang Theory.

Gal and Jason have both been their respective characters for TWO solo movies each. And Jason’s second HAS NOT even come out yet. You can’t project your feelings onto them simply because you want to reboot the franchise.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-04-2022 at 07:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

All I can say is: guys, they’re not gonna reboot the DCEU. Even if they were gonna do the reset from Flashpoint, they were obviously still gonna keep a lot intact, including Jason and Gal as their characters. And now it looks like Zaslav doesn’t even wanna do the soft reset. I’d suggest getting over that or just deciding not to watch DCEU films. Nobody is gonna force you to.

Gal got top pay, $5 million for Death on the Nile. $20million for Red Notice on Netflix which is already more than what she got from 1984 and had a lot less to do in terms of screen time and action.

RDJ/Chris/Scarlett were making BANNKKKKK from Marvel, in the 100s of millions and they still chose to walk away. When actors walk away it isnt always about the money, its about being tired of the role and the time it takes to do superhero films.

They wont be spending all of that money in their lifetime. They can be picky and do what they want. Do passion projects.
    Yeah, let’s not go crazy and compare Gal to RDJ, Chris Evans, and Scarlett. Those 3 have a much wider range of acting ability and have either been nominated or won major awards. They can pick an choose from roles that would provide gigantic paychecks. I love Gal but the best she can hope for is an MTV Movie Award nom. Gal has action hero or seductive woman #1 as her character list.

But I’m just trying to be rational and considering an actor’s need for a lucrative career. I obviously can’t know what their feelings are on staying in the roles. They could walk away for person reasons. But we just haven’t heard anything about them even thinking about stepping down from the roles.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-04-2022 at 08:19 PM.

Lolz. Again, none of these are the same as Gal Gadot or Jason Momoa. Weren’t you the one who said that we can’t compare actors when I brought up Chris Hemsworth.

Also, again, not really analogous. Daniel Craig has been Jamed Bond since 2006. High Jackman was Wolverine from 2000 to 2017. Christopher Nolan was very clear from the get-go that he wanted his Batman films to end as a trilogy. Daniel Radcliffe was Harry Potter for EIGHT films. Jensen and Jared were on Supernatural for 15 seasons. That’s almost 300 hour long episodes (also worth noting though that Jensen is actually producing the Winchester prequel series). Similar story with Buffy and Big Bang Theory.

Gal and Jason have both been their respective characters for TWO solo movies each. And Jason’s second HAS NOT even come out yet. You can’t project your feelings onto them simply because you want to reboot the franchise.
    I've provided you with every quote so tell em where I said we cant compare every actor

Gal got top pay, $5 million for Death on the Nile. $20million for Red Notice on Netflix which is already more than what she got from 1984 and had a lot less to do in terms of screen time and action.

RDJ/Chris/Scarlett were making BANNKKKKK from Marvel, in the 100s of millions and they still chose to walk away. When actors walk away it isnt always about the money, its about being tired of the role and the time it takes to do superhero films.

They wont be spending all of that money in their lifetime. They can be picky and do what they want. Do passion projects.
    Once again she states at the end. "I dont want to do it forever" thats not cherry picking. That's how her conversation about WW ends.

Bringing up RDJ and Mark Ruffalos ages doesn't have anything to do with it. RDJ did 11 years and walked away. Gal is at 7 years. Ruffalo spends most of his time in guest spots and voicing a chi green dude.

The MCU is a well oiled aged machine. The DCEU is not. They are just now trying to grow their world a proper way and still don't have things planned out. By the time they know we could be down to Gals last few years in the role and thus likely spend majority of its possible golden years without Diana.
    Obviously I forgot he debuted in 2016 and I never said "gal you need to hurry your butt up and move on!" I think I very clearly stated that she LIKELY wont want to continue in the role for that much longer. Those are two very different statements. I also dont see Benedict staying around forever for Strange and he will LIKELY WANT TO MOVE ON (just so we're clear, im not telling him to hurry his butt up and move on)

Chris being the only OG to stick around doesnt mean that every actor is willing to stick around.

It's not cherry picking when it is at the very end of the sentence.

That's as clear as day. She didnt say it in the beginning, she didnt say it in the middle. She said it AFTER she said everything else.

I am perfectly fine with her doing a 4th if she wants to or sticking around for as long as she wants to, I've never said otherwise.

I'm being realistic that WBD getting their act togther 10 years after an actor originates a role, you likely wont have that actor for another 10 years. I don't need Diana/WW to disappear shortly after WBD gets their ducks in a row. Its as simple as that.
    Chris did around 8-9 MCU films between solos, teams, cameos between 2011-2019. 8 years. This was his biggest break as an actor. He left.

RDJ did 10 MCU films between 2008-2019. 11 years. This was his big comeback as an actor. He left.

Gal has been WW since 2016. We're practically 3.5 years away from the big 10 year mark. She's done 4 films, has 3 more appearances for a total of 7 guaranteed.

As she's said

Even the Supernatural brothers left Supernatural.

We are not in an age where a lot of actors stay in the roles they get that long unless they are singed on for a lot of films and Marvel signed most of their talent for 7 films or more.

Mark Ruffalo, Elizabeth Olsen have spent majority of their time as part of an ensemble. Benedict is on his 2nd solo and 3 ensemble appearances. Dude hasnt been around that long.
    Because actors like to move on? Chris Hemsworth is the only big "OG" who stayed past everyone else. Captain America/Iron Man were the actors biggest roles in their careers.

WW opened the door for bigger things and she's taken full advantage of that to the point where WW won't be a role she has to stick with.

I never stated anything as fact so there's no need for factual basis apart from how majority of actors in similar roles do the same thing.

You yourself said that the following

Thank you. Yes, exactly! If you’re an actor, a role as the lead character in a blockbuster franchise film is probably the best thing that can happen in your career, aside from maybe like winning an Oscar for Best Actor or Actress.

So, suggesting that Momoa or Gadot are looking to call it quits for…reasons just isn’t really rooted in the reality of how the business works. Again, look how Chris Hemsworth is hanging on with all his might to Thor. Also, note how they also didn’t even leave when Zack Snyder (the guy who cast them) was ostracized from the studio.

The only people who are suggesting that Gadot or Momoa want to move on are people who just don’t like them specifically or who don’t like the direction of the DCEU. However, them suggesting that this is the state of mind of actors who get paid millions per movie means that they also don’t seem to understand how Hollywood works and are substituting their personal opinion for fact.
    So why would these actors leave if they are getting giant paydays?
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 09-04-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah, let’s not go crazy and compare Gal to RDJ, Chris Evans, and Scarlett. Those 3 have a much wider range of acting ability and have either been nominated or won major awards. They can pick an choose from roles that would provide gigantic paychecks. I love Gal but the best she can hope for is an MTV Movie Award nom. Gal has action hero or seductive woman #1 as her character list.

But I’m just trying to be rational and considering an actor’s need for a lucrative career. I obviously can’t know what their feelings are on staying in the roles. They could walk away for person reasons. But we just haven’t heard anything about them even thinking about stepping down from the roles.
    Gal got $20mill for a Netflix, she is very much able to pick and choose her films. And lets not act like Chris Evans is pulling out these great films because of his acting chops. Correct me if I'm wrong but his most noticeable film in the last decade outside of Marvel has been Knives Out. RDJ...the Sherlock films. You don't have to be a great actor to have your pick of films, you just have to be a big enough actor.

Extraordinary Member

I've provided you with every quote so tell em where I said we cant compare every actor
    Literally right here:

Chris being the only OG to stick around doesnt mean that every actor is willing to stick around.

…I don't need Diana/WW to disappear shortly after WBD gets their ducks in a row. Its as simple as that.
    Or did you forget that you’d said this…?

Bottom line: there’s nothing to suggest that Gal or Jason will disappear. It’s as simple as that…

You yourself said that the following

So why would these actors leave if they are getting giant paydays?
    As I’ve already stated, AGAIN, you’re comparing Gal and Jason to actors who had played their respective characters for SIGNIFICANTLY longer. Hugh Jackman played Wolverine for 17 years. Daniel Craig has been James Bond for 16 years. Gal debuted as Wonder Woman in 2016. That was SIX years ago. Really not all that long ago by comparison.

And again, Radcliffe did 8 films as Harry Potter. A far cry from the TWO OR THREE Jason and Gal have done as their characters. Even the MCU actors you cite had played their character across significantly more films than Gal and Jason. RDJ for example was in at least 10 MCU films as Iron Man that I can think of just off the top of my head. And he appeared on-screen for 8 out of the 11 years he was Iron Man. Again, wildly different from Gal and Jason.

Furthermore, you’re also bringing in TV actors as a comparison. You are aware how completely different TV filming schedules are from films, are you not? If not, allow me to tell you: being a series regular in a TV show is significantly more time consuming and all-encompassing than principle photography for film. Being on a TV show is like having a 9 to 5 for however many years/seasons (except it’s more like 9 to 2 AM) and deadlines are much more strictly enforced. And you have to film multiple episodes a season. Again, film is much more lax and they are much less fast-paced and demanding as TV. So it makes more sense for TV actors to want to move on after a set number years than film actors who get significantly longer breaks between reprising their roles.

From a production standpoint, comparing film and TV is like comparing apples to oranges.

So again, please stop pretending like you know what Gadot and Momoa are thinking cuz it’s clear you don’t. Just because you are done seeing them does not mean they are done as the characters. You don’t have to watch their films but I suggest you at least live with the reality that they will likely be in the roles for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-04-2022 at 09:46 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Gal got $20mill for a Netflix, she is very much able to pick and choose her films. And lets not act like Chris Evans is pulling out these great films because of his acting chops. Correct me if I'm wrong but his most noticeable film in the last decade outside of Marvel has been Knives Out. RDJ...the Sherlock films. You don't have to be a great actor to have your pick of films, you just have to be a big enough actor.
    You do realize though that Gal is only able to get that big a paycheck from Netflix because of the fame and attention she’s garnered from being Wonder Woman, correct?? She would probably be the first to tell you: that is the role that quite literally saved her career. She was about to quit acting before she landed it.

And if she were to step away from it too soon, those paychecks would likely dry up real fast.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-04-2022 at 09:34 PM.

All I can say is: guys, they’re not gonna reboot the DCEU. Even if they were gonna do the reset from Flashpoint, they were obviously still gonna keep a lot intact, including Jason and Gal as their characters. And now it looks like Zaslav doesn’t even wanna do the soft reset. I’d suggest getting over that or just deciding not to watch DCEU films. Nobody is gonna force you to.
    This incarnation of the DCEU isn’t going to go on forever. And if the upcoming movies flop or underperform there’s no telling what might happen. Nobody ever would have thought a Batman cartoon by Timm and Reeves would get axed for HBO MAX and have to go shop itself elsewhere, yet here we are.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Aren't you projecting? You tell others not to project while acting like you know what the Studio and actors are thinking. Truth is no one knows what WB plans are for the future of DC on film I don't think even people who work at the Studio fully know right now, it all seems to be in flux.

Mamoa seems like the type who'd want to play Aquaman for as long as he could, but Zaslav is rumored to think Aquaman 2 is a dud so who know how long that's for.

Gal seems more like a Michael Keaton type and will exit the moment she's unsatisfied with the role or the direction it's going.

Truth is the DCEU has been a Cluster F since the moment they allowed a Trailer company to make a cut of the Suicide Squad (2016). They edit films without the approval of the Directors SS and JL, they announce films and then quietly quit development and end the project, they film a movie and shelve it, they release multiple versions of the same character at the same time, they've set the bar so low a snake could limbo under it.

You do realize though that Gal is only able to get that big a paycheck from Netflix because of the fame and attention she’s garnered from being Wonder Woman, correct?? She would probably be the first to tell you: that is the role that quite literally saved her career. She was about to quit acting before she landed it.

And if she were to step away from it too soon, those paychecks would likely dry up real fast.
    Primal Slayer's point is that Chris Evans is sailing in the same boat as Gal. He got a second chance at a career due to his success as Captain America but he's not able to bring in people to watch his non-Marvel films.