Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

From Variety:

"One sticking point in talks was Lin’s desire for WBD to acquire a stake in his production company, Rideback, which would have continued on had Lin taken on the DC role. Terms, however, could not be reached, and Lin and WBD agreed to part ways.

As Variety reported, Lin was not the only individual in contention for the DC job, and initial reports of his commitment to taking on the role were perhaps overly enthusiastic given his ongoing commitment to Rideback.

WBD, meanwhile, is continuing its search. Insiders say there is no immediate urgency to fill the job, as Warner Bros. studio chiefs Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy are seen as adept stewards of the current slate of DC projects."

Full article: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/d...ry-1235361722/

In case anyone seriously thought the 10 year plan was anything other than a bullshit corporate platitude meant to appease investors and fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    In case anyone seriously thought the 10 year plan was anything other than a bullshit corporate platitude meant to appease investors and fanboys.
    Zaslav said he was just “working” on a plan right? Obviously they aren’t going to have one in place until Zaslav gets his guy. For now they’re just wrapping up the last of Hamada’s movies and I guess maybe getting Cavill and Affleck back so that a new head can hit the ground running. Anyone claiming they know what the plans are for the next 10 years are full of **** however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Damn. Lin sounded like someone who could potentially turn this **** show around. And his taking over seemed to be generating some positive buzz. Oh well.

At the end of the day, the new DC head is going to report directly to Zaslav so we know who would really be in charge of things.

Astonishing Member

10 year plans includes throwing out previous people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    No, I don't think anyone thought that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zaslav said he was just “working” on a plan right? Obviously they aren’t going to have one in place until Zaslav gets his guy. For now they’re just wrapping up the last of Hamada’s movies and I guess maybe getting Cavill and Affleck back so that a new head can hit the ground running. Anyone claiming they know what the plans are for the next 10 years are full of **** however.
    I don't know what exactly they're going to do, and I doubt they do, either. That said, I have every confidence in their ability to screw anything up, no matter how simple. I'm sure that whatever they do, it will be horrible. They've gotten very good at being very bad.

Lmao Don’t Worry Darling is getting ripped apart by critics which means… all hope lies in Black Adam pulling WB out of the financial gutter.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson Surprises Fans at Test Screening and Teases New Trailer

The Black Adam promotion/media blitz is about to begin.

Lmao Don’t Worry Darling is getting ripped apart by critics which means… all hope lies in Black Adam pulling WB out of the financial gutter.
    That’s actually some poetic justice considering all the behind the scenes drama that went on.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-06-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Yeah, the Black Adam trailer drops Thursday night. I was wondering if WBD were going to basically dump the movie next month with limited promo but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    You mean to get actual good films instead of films that developed toxic folks who went after folks to get what they want and then have the nerve to hide behind donations to a charity?

Nobody is screaming for failure. Folks are TIRE of the Snyderverse gang. Who won't stop demanding to be pandered to.

What is realistic for the studio is NOT concerning themselves what universe they are using but can they make a decent to good film without drama or pandering to toxic fanboys.

They got some of that with Aquaman, WW, Shazam and Suicide Squad. Now the issue is can they do that with Blue Beetle and anyone else who is NOT a certain demographic.

Where does it say they have to be axed??? It's not like we haven't seen movies in different universes before.

You can start again while letting those 4 finish what they started.

The Batman movie nor Joker are in the same universe as Shazam or Black Adam or Birds of Prey or Justice League.
    Dude, all I can say is that this is the epitome of straw-manning. You're bringing up things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I'm not even gonna get into how ridiculous it is to have two completely separate universes competing to be the "main" DC cinematic universes, meaning there'd be two separate main Wonder Women, two different main Aquamen, two different main Justice Leagues, etc. I feel like it should be obvious why that wouldn't work.

It's one thing to have The Batman or The Joker in their own standalone universe where they just stay by themselves, but it'd be a whole other to build an entire other main DC shared cinematic universe alongside the current DCEU and reintroduce characters that are already established in the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I liked Shazam, Aquman, both WW films, & Gunn's Suicide Squad and Peacemaker.

But you're acting like the DCEU going forward is set in stone and any voices of decent or disbelief are just "haters". No it's not "haters" it's realist. Until Flashpoint, Aquaman 2, or a company statement on the future of DC on films comes out. Nobody knows what's going to happen and all speculation is valid no matter how much some dislike it.
    But the direction that some seem to be arguing for would literally be one that would 1) cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars; 2) open them up to potential lawsuits; 3) likely send their stock tumbling and significantly hurt their shareholders; and 4) really damage their relationships with filmmakers, actors, production companies, etc.

So, nothing is "definite," but some options are definitely significantly less likely than others.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 09-06-2022 at 01:46 PM.

Niffleheim

It might just rally in the box office lol! because of the sheer unpleasantness surrounding this movie.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Yeah, the Black Adam trailer drops Thursday night. I was wondering if WBD were going to basically dump the movie next month with limited promo but that doesn’t appear to be the case.
    Has there been any significant buzz about Black Adam besides the potential Superman/Cavill cameo?

We’ve heard about how much Zaslav loves the Flash and rumors about very positive early screenings but all we’ve gotten on the Black Adam front is that the test audience score was as low as Batgirl.

I hope the next trailer great because I’m not sensing a ton of excitement for this movie. Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Dude, all I can say is that this is the epitome of straw-manning. You're bringing up things that have nothing to do with the issue at hand.

I'm not even gonna get into how ridiculous it is to have two completely separate universes competing to be the "main" DC cinematic universes, meaning there'd be two separate main Wonder Women, two different main Aquamen, two different main Justice Leagues, etc. I feel like it should be obvious why that wouldn't work.

It's one thing to have The Batman or The Joker in their own standalone universe where they just stay by themselves, but it'd be a whole other to build an entire other main DC shared cinematic universe alongside the current DCEU and reintroduce characters that are already established in the DCEU.

But the direction that some seem to be arguing for would literally be one that would 1) cost the company hundreds of millions of dollars; 2) open them up to potential lawsuits; 3) likely send their stock tumbling and significantly hurt their shareholders; and 4) really damage their relationships with filmmakers, actors, production companies, etc.

So, nothing is "definite," but some options are definitely significantly less likely than others.
    They've already have lost close to a hundred million dollars, they've already been opened up to lawsuits due to the handling of releases during Covid, also because of said handling they've already damaged relationships with filmmakers which is particularly sad for a studio once known for its long and good relationships with filmmakers, agents and managers are telling talent not to sign with the WB right now, and their stock took a hit from Zaslav's decisions, and now they're number 1 choice to run things for DC said piss off. Then there is also the vindictive toxic attitudes of the Synder Cult who review bombed WB films even after getting the ZSJL Cut.

The only thing WB has going for it is when in the basement you can only go up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    They've already have lost close to a hundred million dollars, they've already been opened up to lawsuits due to the handling of releases during Covid, also because of said handling they've already damaged relationships with filmmakers which is particularly sad for a studio once known for its long and good relationships with filmmakers, agents and managers are telling talent not to sign with the WB right now, and their stock took a hit from Zaslav's decisions, and now they're number 1 choice to run things for DC said piss off. Then there is also the vindictive toxic attitudes of the Synder Cult who review bombed WB films even after getting the ZSJL Cut.

The only thing WB has going for it is when in the basement you can only go up.
    So, you think they should look at all that and say: "let's make it even worse"?