Page 1298 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 29879811981248128812941295129612971298129913001301130213081348 ... LastLast
Results 19,456 to 19,470 of 20948
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ok, that looks way better than the initially teaser trailer. I'm now excited to see this flick. Though there are a lot of tired cliches in the trailer. “These powers are a curse.” Walking away from an explosion in slo mo.

I like Hawkman's bravado. The guy uses a mace and morningstar as his weapons of choice. He's not going to be timid. It looks like the weapon transformed into an ax at one point, so I guess they're going with a New 52 version of Hawkman's gear. The Nth metal is inside of him and he can create weapons.

Waller was a nice surprise and her appearance adds that connected universe vibe that Zaslav and co. are looking for.

There's one person in this trailer who seems to be generating the most interest and excitement from social media and it's not Black Adam.

It's this gentleman right here!

So cool to see Fate walk in the room with that Pierce Brosnan swagger.
    Brosnan as Fate is pretty much bulletproof casting. There's nothing to dislike there.

I was interested in Hodge as Carter because I only knew him as the funny guy on that dumb Leverage show. I had no idea how he would come across, but he seemed confident, tough and imposing. You don't get a ton of him here, but there was a lot more gravitas than I knew Hodge had. Outside of the overly X-Men esque setup, I think the JSA looks cool as hell.

As for Black Adam, it looks like....well, it looks like the Rock doing his self-indulgent, generic "badass" routine. But if the movie is fun and the JSA kick some ass, that's all I'm really hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hmm...I keep waiting for them to show The Wizard. I'm really curious how they're going to depict Adam's origin here.

I don't know if I care for the JSA working with Waller, but I guess they also had dealings with Mr. Bones so I guess this is in-line with that...

Cyclone looks amazing .

I'm really worried Hawkman is just going to be in this movie to get beat up.

Oh hey, Sabbac .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They are marketing on the wrong part of the movie or maybe it's just the movie.jsa vs black adam ain't something very interesting.Dialogues are really really cliched.But,i do appreciate the sincerity instead of marvel's usage of humour to undercut things.

The focus should have been about the story of the slave with powers. who is hell bent on being free.who is never gonna change and damned to failure because he is so.

These trailers just don't have the impact of the first two promos of black adam at dc nation.

Anyways,i told people casting james bond as dr fate is the best decision anyone can make.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-08-2022 at 09:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hmm...I keep waiting for them to show The Wizard. I'm really curious how they're going to depict Adam's origin here.

I don't know if I care for the JSA working with Waller, but I guess they also had dealings with Mr. Bones so I guess this is in-line with that...

Cyclone looks amazing .

Oh hey, Sabbac .
    I definitely share that concern. They love to kill Hawkman in any adaptation and they're making him the stodgy boy scout for Black Adam to be an edgy, defiant foil to. It gives me Cyclops/Wolverine movie vibes. The writers even compared Black Adam to being Dirty Harry and going on about how society needs guys like Dirty Harry to break the rules. I mean, Dirty Harry is a great movie, but I don't think the writers viewing a violent, renegade cop as a positive for society is a great sign. It's weird to depict the guy saying, "Murder is wrong" as this lame authority figure that just doesn't get it.

On the positive side, I remember hearing they had hopes for a Hawkman spinoff so hopefully they have the sense to give him a good showing here.

Watching the trailer again I noticed that right after Black Adam says he’ll never kneel, Dr. Fate puts him on his knees

I appreciate the fact that Kent wants to wear the helmet of Nabu as little as possible knowing how deceptive and controlling the Lord of Order can be, but I really hope there’s some good screen time with him in full costume. Fate is the only character that could potentially stand up to Adam. Atom Smasher, Cyclone, and Hawkman have no chance. Also, Fate better cast some spells that have an ankh symbol and not just use the knockoff Dr. Strange visuals they’ve shown.

I guess it’s appropriate to use some wrestling terms, so my biggest fear is that the JSA is gonna be the jobber to The Rock’s babyface champion. The team consists of two veterans and two rookies, so it’s not like they’re looking all that strong.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-08-2022 at 11:08 PM.

THR editor Kim Masters says David Zaslav is hiring a ton of movie executives and consultants and then proceeds to completely ignore them. She also doesn’t buy that the production company was the reason Dan Lin dropped out.

Puck News’ Matt Belloni says the search is starting over from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They are marketing on the wrong part of the movie or maybe it's just the movie.jsa vs black adam ain't something very interesting.Dialogues are really really cliched.But,i do appreciate the sincerity instead of marvel's usage of humour to undercut things.

The focus should have been about the story of the slave with powers. who is hell bent on being free.who is never gonna change and damned to failure because he is so.

These trailers just don't have the impact of the first two promos of black adam at dc nation.

Anyways,i told people casting james bond as dr fate is the best decision anyone can make.
    Comic fans seem to dislike a lot about this film but general audience fans seem to see it differently. I have a feeling Black Adam is going to be another Aquaman in that it’ll make a ton of money and fanboys will wonder how…

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Comic fans seem to dislike a lot about this film but general audience fans seem to see it differently. I have a feeling Black Adam is going to be another Aquaman in that it’ll make a ton of money and fanboys will wonder how…
    Comics fan think rule book clinging boyscouts are ideal..i don't think generally see heroism as that..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

I liked the trailer and it was nice to see other shots and scenes of the JSA.

A better trailer, but it isn’t enough for me to want to see the movie yet. There’s just such a mid-2000s feeling about it that I just cant shake

Not seeing alot of buzz for this film from "non comic fans." They even did a poll and avatar 2, black panther 2 got more buzz. The first two teasers told us nothing about the plot and this really didn't also. Also is it adams film or a jsa film as the jsa are getting almost more spotlight!

Do non comic fans know this is a shazam spin-off? Other than the bolt on his outfit and the quick shot of the shazam base not much to tell non fans. The marketing has not been good. They don't even tell us the name of the "in a few shots" bad guy. Thanos was all over the trailers for avengers. Here we get a few second shot in three trailers with no name. Not a good way to ramp up your bad guy by not even showing them!

Do think the film will make money but the marketing has not been good at all. Also, how many non comic fans will see the trailer and go "why is dr strange wearing a helmet and why is ant-man in another outfit?"
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-09-2022 at 05:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The Rock should've gotten a real good acting coach and learned how to have an accent and emote more.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Cyclone looks amazing .

Oh hey, Sabbac .
    Huh. Maybe that means Mr. Bones and Cameron Chase will show up at some point.

Cyclone looks amazing .
    When i first saw her i thought she was the golden age red tornato with the later versions powers as the golden age one was a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

I think the Superhero slugfest will get it a little more eyeballs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Huh. Maybe that means Mr. Bones and Cameron Chase will show up at some point.
    Stargirl is using Bones so I assume there wasn't any plans for him in the movies.