Page 1311 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31181112111261130113071308130913101311131213131314131513211361 ... LastLast
Results 19,651 to 19,665 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Concept Art for Black Adam. Didn't make this image so I don't know why Doctor Fate out of the suit was made for the comparison.

Attachment 124795
    As in REAL concept art for the movie? Because....how you start with THAT Hawkman and end with...that Hawkman final product?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I don't necessarily wish for Black Adam's failure, but there's a certain hubris to the Rock effectively barging into DC and declaring he's the coolest, most badass, unstoppable character who's going to kick Superman and Wonder Woman and the entire Justice League's asses that just begs for a downfall.

Probably doesn't help that his Black Adam appears to be an eleven year old's idea of what a "cool anti-hero" should be.

Most would call this a mid-life crisis. Just buy a Porsche like everyone else, Dwayne.
    I welcome it..i would rather rock beating up superman than batman,Who is a stick in the mud.It's funny i should love batman..I despise the character with a passion.batman and lackeys-smh!

Regardless of what superman is gonna get his beat.Cause the market is king.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-20-2022 at 09:14 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    If WB is really dead set on continuing the franchise then I could see them shooting an additional scene introducing Wally West or Bart Allen so that one of those characters could take over the franchise without Ezra.
    From the leaked plot, it sounds like Barry abruptly dying or being replaced would be a....odd narrative choice. It sounds like his arc is about him finally learning to grow up and let go of the past and start on the path to becoming the hero hes supposed to be, so cutting that short would kind of undermine the arc of the movie. I think the likely option is a recast either at the end of the movie when the timeline is reset or in a sequel (which seems very unlikely).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    He downright choked someone...that enough is already insane.
    I literally said that they were obviously deeply disturbed and that obviously at least some of it is true. Why is it that if you address an issue with any nuance, people always act like you're defending the person? I'm not.

At the same time, a violent outburst is nowhere near as bad as most of the other stuff Miller's been accused of. Russell Crowe and Val Kilmer used to beat people up every other day. It's not as severe as grooming or driving around the country with machine guns because you think a nonexistent chapter of the KKK is trying to kill you. There are degrees to these things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I don't necessarily wish for Black Adam's failure, but there's a certain hubris to the Rock effectively barging into DC and declaring he's the coolest, most badass, unstoppable character who's going to kick Superman and Wonder Woman and the entire Justice League's asses that just begs for a downfall.

Probably doesn't help that his Black Adam appears to be an eleven year old's idea of what a "cool anti-hero" should be.

Most would call this a mid-life crisis. Just buy a Porsche like everyone else, Dwayne.
    I want it to succeed because the JSA is awesome and Aldis Hodge seems like a good dude, but the Rock is super annoying about this character.

Not to mention his comment that it would be a disservice to Black Adam to introduce him in a Shazam sequel even though he belongs to that franchise. It's like being in a Shazam movie is beneath him. And are we just gonna ignore the fact that Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League was introduced in a BvS movie? And now they’re doing the same thing to the JSA. Was it ok to disservice them? Big celebrities really should be kept away from these types of roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Not to mention his comment that it would be a disservice to Black Adam to introduce him in a Shazam sequel even though he belongs to that franchise. It's like being in a Shazam movie is beneath him. And are we just gonna ignore the fact that Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League was introduced in a BvS movie? And now they’re doing the same thing to the JSA. Was it ok to disservice them? Big celebrities really should be kept away from these types of roles.
    Not really seeing why wanting to do a better job than BvS did is a bad thing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

He was pushing for his own movie and black adam as the main character.Black adam is only happening because the rock was interested in the character.He believes the characters needs it's own movie to really set up for the verse.

This is the only cohesive direction dceu has.That is because the rock.It's either this or no whatever we had before.This not only sets up jsa spin offs,but sets sequels with shazam,superman..etc.

Captain marvel movie also got fast tracked or may have happened cause of the rock was on board.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-20-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Adam is going to stunt on the JSA and maybe he’ll beat up Superman and Shazam, I don’t really get why anyone not in those fanbase’s would care. He’s not going to humiliate WW, she’ll be safe tucked away in her own corner. He’s not going to be beating down on her, and the DCEU JL is a bad joke so who cares about their “rep”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah! aquaman,wonderwoman are gonna be safe.They made money.Batman generally woulf have been safe.But,this dceu batman sucks more or less.So there is hope that i finally get to see someone beating up the guy.

I don't mind the Rock giving it all for this role instead of the usual 'it's just a job' attitude by actors. At least this and the Shazam movie gives us something to look forward to that isn't a Batman project. Somebody needs to breath life into the DCEU and if it's the Rock then I'm okay with that.

I just hope Hawkman doesn't come off as too much of a jerk in the Black Adam movie.

One thing that I appreciate about the trailers is how much it embraces the genre. The JSA has their headquarters, bad ass plane, they're in costumes and showing off their powers. Nobody thus far is making fun of them.

That said, I wonder how casuals are reacting to the JSA? Hawkman and Dr Fate comes across like they're coasting off of the actors charms. What do we really know about them? Cyclone barely has any lines in the trailer even though she is a known loud mouth in the comics. The fact that the JSA aren't really established and they're adapting what's basically their equivalent of Civil War does make me nervous.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't mind the Rock giving it all for this role instead of the usual 'it's just a job' attitude by actors. At least this and the Shazam movie gives us something to look forward to that isn't a Batman project. Somebody needs to breath life into the DCEU and if it's the Rock then I'm okay with that.

I just hope Hawkman doesn't come off as too much of a jerk in the Black Adam movie.

One thing that I appreciate about the trailers is how much it embraces the genre. The JSA has their headquarters, bad ass plane, they're in costumes and showing off their powers. Nobody thus far is making fun of them.

That said, I wonder how casuals are reacting to the JSA? Hawkman and Dr Fate comes across like they're coasting off of the actors charms. What do we really know about them? Cyclone barely has any lines in the trailer even though she is a known loud mouth in the comics. The fact that the JSA aren't really established and they're adapting what's basically their equivalent of Civil War does make me nervous.
    Casuals love Dr. Fate because of Injustice 2 believe it or not. Also he’s got a badass design and that’s 99% of why people like characters

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Adam is going to stunt on the JSA and maybe he’ll beat up Superman and Shazam, I don’t really get why anyone not in those fanbase’s would care. He’s not going to humiliate WW, she’ll be safe tucked away in her own corner. He’s not going to be beating down on her, and the DCEU JL is a bad joke so who cares about their “rep”.
    You mean how she was "safe" from being humiliated by Superman?

You mean how she was "safe" from being humiliated by Superman?
    In a movie that was thought up before ww movie became a hit.Batman was main character btw signifying dc's tilt and old direction.Superman had no agency,was just a plot device..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-21-2022 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He was pushing for his own movie and black adam as the main character.Black adam is only happening because the rock was interested in the character.He believes the characters needs it's own movie to really set up for the verse.

This is the only cohesive direction dceu has.That is because the rock.It's either this or no whatever we had before.This not only sets up jsa spin offs,but sets sequels with shazam,superman..etc.

Captain marvel movie also got fast tracked or may have happened cause of the rock was on board.
    I don’t know if he’s genuine in his belief that the character needs his own movie to set up the universe. I think he’s far and away more interested in just having a superhero franchise where he’s the top dog. Which is understandable, but it seems driven by ego more than anything else. I don’t think he is doing it because the character deserves it, more that he himself deserves it