Page 1312 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31281212121262130213081309131013111312131313141315131613221362 ... LastLast
Results 19,666 to 19,680 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t know if he’s genuine in his belief that the character needs his own movie to set up the universe. I think he’s far and away more interested in just having a superhero franchise where he’s the top dog. Which is understandable, but it seems driven by ego more than anything else. I don’t think he is doing it because the character deserves it, more that he himself deserves it
    Ofcourse he is doing it for himself..why wouldn't he?He believes his character needs the movie for fleshing the character out and introducing it to audiences.He wants the movie to be best and his character to be liked/entertaining for the audience.He pushed for it.He got it done because clout.Just like batman had clout even after bvs and jl.

And Nobody can say black adam is meant to be some weakling.The character from inception is captain marvel's anti-thetical equal.Cap,superman,ww..etc were all created to be top dogs respectively of the world they occupied..Before they were shoved together into one shared universe.

As for being the top dog,some character has to be.I prefer black adam over batman.did robert Downey do ironman for ironman?Ironman was the center of mcu.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That said, I wonder how casuals are reacting to the JSA? Hawkman and Dr Fate comes across like they're coasting off of the actors charms. What do we really know about them? Cyclone barely has any lines in the trailer even though she is a known loud mouth in the comics. The fact that the JSA aren't really established and they're adapting what's basically their equivalent of Civil War does make me nervous.
    Saw some reactions (non-comic fans) excited dr strange is in the film but asked why he has a helmet and others happy ant-man is in the film!

Ouch!

At the same time some asked why aquaman was in the black panther 2 trailer! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Saw some reactions (non-comic fans) excited dr strange is in the film but asked why he has a helmet and others happy ant-man is in the film!

Ouch!

At the same time some asked why aquaman was in the black panther 2 trailer! Lol.
    Gee if only DC bothered to get a good film franchise and put out Dr.Fate and Zatanna before Marvel did their magic users.

Again, works both ways. Black panther 2s sub-mariner and i bet man-thing in werewolf by night will have to deal with that to even though they are the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ofcourse he is doing it for himself..why wouldn't he?He believes his character needs the movie for fleshing the character out and introducing it to audiences.He wants the movie to be best and his character to be liked/entertaining for the audience.He pushed for it.He got it done because clout.Just like batman had clout even after bvs and jl.

And Nobody can say black adam is meant to be some weakling.The character from inception is captain marvel's anti-thetical equal.Cap,superman,ww..etc were all created to be top dogs respectively of the world they occupied..Before they were shoved together into one shared universe.

As for being the top dog,some character has to be.I prefer black adam over batman.did robert Downey do ironman for ironman?Ironman was the center of mcu.
    I’m just saying, I don’t think he actually does think the character needs fleshing out in his own movie, I think he doesn’t want to be introduced first in a movie that isn’t headlined by Dwayne Johnson. I think he’s forced his own movie because he wants to be successful (which is fine), but I don’t think it’s because he loves the character so much. Honestly, I think it would have been better for the character, long term, to be introduced in a Shazam movie and then spun out of that.

I don’t think anyone said he is supposed to be a weakling, I think people are worried that other, fan favourite characters are being used for the sole purpose of making Black Adam look powerful. If that’s the case it feels unjust.

Black Adam shouldn’t be the first option after Batman though imo - I also don’t want Batman to be the center of all things DC, but there are many I’d hope for besides Black Adam. Also, RDJ signed onto Iron Man before there were any serious talks about a connected universe. IM1 was very much its own thing. He did not see the character appear in the Incredible Hulk, then make producers give him his own film first.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-21-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I don't necessarily wish for Black Adam's failure, but there's a certain hubris to the Rock effectively barging into DC and declaring he's the coolest, most badass, unstoppable character who's going to kick Superman and Wonder Woman and the entire Justice League's asses that just begs for a downfall.

Probably doesn't help that his Black Adam appears to be an eleven year old's idea of what a "cool anti-hero" should be.

Most would call this a mid-life crisis. Just buy a Porsche like everyone else, Dwayne.
    It is nothing more than a trashy ego-trip of the Rock, but that kind of fits to the cursed DCEU

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Adam is going to stunt on the JSA and maybe he’ll beat up Superman and Shazam, I don’t really get why anyone not in those fanbase’s would care. He’s not going to humiliate WW, she’ll be safe tucked away in her own corner. He’s not going to be beating down on her, and the DCEU JL is a bad joke so who cares about their “rep”.
    If he beats up Superman, he indirectly shows that Wonder Woman is just a pathetic joke in comparison to Black Adam, just ignoring a movie with 2 different versions is even despite it being a bad joke relative hard.

No, nobody needs to be the top dog, especially not in the typical extreme disrespectful DC fashion of 1 character shitting on the others and making them look bad. And the Rock's Black Adam even reminds a bit on Batman at his worst in terms of attitude.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 09-21-2022 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Featuring Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, and some of those faceless cameos y'all love so much!"

I can’t wait for the marketing for Flash to start. They’ve decided to stick with Miller and the marketing campaign for that is going to be hilarious given they’re so gun shy about even showing him now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Keaton Batman will copy The Rock Bottom finisher and pin the Rock with it.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    No, nobody needs to be the top dog, especially not in the typical extreme disrespectful DC fashion of 1 character shitting on the others and making them look bad. And the Rock's Black Adam even reminds a bit on Batman at his worst in terms of attitude.
    Marvel is more balanced..even they do " popularity dictates" thing.You can't get away from it.For instance, Ironman going toe to toe with thanos.

Here at the very least it ain't pis like batman beating up jl for the hunderdth time.The guy is literally built to be the most powerful other than captain marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I’m just saying, I don’t think he actually does think the character needs fleshing out in his own movie, I think he doesn’t want to be introduced first in a movie that isn’t headlined by Dwayne Johnson. I think he’s forced his own movie because he wants to be successful (which is fine), but I don’t think it’s because he loves the character so much. Honestly, I think it would have been better for the character, long term, to be introduced in a Shazam movie and then spun out of that.

I don’t think anyone said he is supposed to be a weakling, I think people are worried that other, fan favourite characters are being used for the sole purpose of making Black Adam look powerful. If that’s the case it feels unjust.

Black Adam shouldn’t be the first option after Batman though imo - I also don’t want Batman to be the center of all things DC, but there are many I’d hope for besides Black Adam. Also, RDJ signed onto Iron Man before there were any serious talks about a connected universe. IM1 was very much its own thing. He did not see the character appear in the Incredible Hulk, then make producers give him his own film first.
    And i am saying that ain't it.that It was this or we get a captain marvel movie with the rock as the villain.That would be the end of it.Where is the build up in that? what's the fun?This builts up towards cap and superman(if it's successful that is).For that reason the other guy needed to be introduced to audience first.There would be no direction if black adam spun out of captain marvel movie.No end point.no payoff.No nothing.He would be fighting some random shmuck who would get beat and nobody would remember.Remember how bvs had zero build up?So superman nor batman as characters couldn't stand on their feet.

It ain't unjust if a guy meant to be powerful is shown that way.Hulk beats hulkbuster tincans like the tin cans they are.That is justified.i know that's the comic powerlevel.But,still that's the base expectation.The reverse is what actually requires heavy storytelling reasons.Batman throwing green rocks for the 100th time and superman tripping over it is unjustified.Black adam beating cap,superman or ww for that matter ain't it.Why?cause he is meant to be that powerful.Zod or darkseid or doomsday beating superman?yeah!that ain't unjust.That could happen.Easily.

Why shouldn't black adam?Going by that logic ironman shouldn't have been either.That doesn't matter RDJ wanted to do ironman because it could help his career.Not because he loved the character.Those kinda things rarely happen.Actor choosing the character for the love of it,that is.It might have been it's own thing.But,there were plans in the back of their head.That is all that is being done here.If this movies is hit,then we go for black adam fighting superman,captain marvel..etc.JSA will get their spinoffs and such.Down the road black adam conquers kahndaq and rules over it, things like that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2022 at 12:32 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mighty Member

Marvel is more balanced..even they do " popularity dictates" thing.You can't get away from it.For instance, Ironman going toe to toe with thanos.

Here at the very least it ain't pis like batman beating up jl for the hunderdth time.The guy is literally built to be the most powerful other than captain marvel.
    Who says that Marvel does it perfectly, they just do it better than DC, which is basically the easiest thing in the world.

The reverse is what actually requires heavy storytelling reasons.Batman throwing green rocks for the 100th time and superman tripping over it is unjustified.Black adam beating cap,superman or ww for that matter ain't it.Why?cause he is meant to be that powerful.
    What are you even talking about? Black Adam is definitively not meant to be more powerful than Shazam, Superman, or Wonder Woman, that is the same type of hogwash like Superman versus the rest of the Justice League or that they are basically impotent without him in the DCEU.

Zod or darkseid or doomsday beating superman?yeah!that ain't unjust.That could happen.Easily.
    Zod is a more skilled kryptonian without moral restrains and even still often inferior to Superman, Doomsday's entire point is to beat Superman up, and Darkseid is typically a Justice League villain. That are all actual Superman or Justice League villains with good justifications to beat up Superman, not random villains of other superheroes who just beat up Superman because the Rock is on a huge ego-trip.

Why shouldn't black adam?Going by that logic ironman shouldn't have been either.
    Following the typical justifications it should be Aquaman or Wonder Woman in the DCEU, but that obviously assumes the typical justifications aren't just bad excuses.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 09-22-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The BA spot linked above was removed by The Rock and WB from their official accounts and re-uploaded "corrected" without the half-second of footage from Whedon's JL: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1572737846922063874

Omg, so unnecessary, I didn't even noticed it, lmao.

They are too worried about "backlash" from people who have no idea how to live a life.

Getting upset enough about that to brigade the comments is truly psycho behavior.