Page 1313 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31381312131263130313091310131113121313131413151316131713231363 ... LastLast
Results 19,681 to 19,695 of 20948
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They are too worried about "backlash" from people who have no idea how to live a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Getting upset enough about that to brigade the comments is truly psycho behavior.
    It's not like the footage was replaced with a ZSJL's equivalent. And there were already scenes from BvS about BM/SM/WW in the spot.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Who says that Marvel does it perfectly, they just do it better than DC, which is basically the easiest thing in the world.

What are you even talking about? Black Adam is definitively not meant to be more powerful than Shazam, Superman, or Wonder Woman, that is the same type of hogwash like Superman versus the rest of the Justice League or that they are basically impotent without him in the DCEU.

Zod is a more skilled kryptonian without moral restrains and even still often inferior to Superman, Doomsday's entire point is to beat Superman up, and Darkseid is typically a Justice League villain. That are all actual Superman or Justice League villains with good justifications to beat up Superman, not random villains of other superheroes who just beat up Superman because the Rock is on a huge ego-trip.

Following the typical justifications it should be Aquaman or Wonder Woman in the DCEU, but that obviously assumes the typical justifications aren't just bad excuses.
    Here is rule of storytelling, narratives are done through the vehicle of a protagonist.Even a grand narrative like shared universes.Storytellers create structures.In fantasy action things it's usually power structure/levels(power here can be anything..prep time, intelligence,speed ... whatever)

He isn't?who says?if he ain't how the hell does he fight captain marvel.Tell you what.. get rid of the shit that is tower of babel and the dcau where batman knows best.That's literal years of impotence from other characters..i will happily obilge you jl movie.

It took superman and cap to beat adam.

Zod being inferior to kal is dumb.You are proving my point.If these guys can beat superman then so can adam.Any anti-thetical equal of captain marvel is strong enough to go toe to toe with superman and even beat him.

Aquaman or wonder woman should be.But,they aren't they didn't provide any direction.Heck!i would have loved aquaman being the center of dc.Aquaman did with that trench and black manta stuff.But,that ain't happening.That is the end of that.Ironman 2 (iron man 1 to lesser degree) did heavy lifting regarding world building and such.Ironman started the things .He was the protagonist of mcu.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-22-2022 at 11:37 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Here is rule of storytelling, narratives are done through the vehicle of a protagonist.Even a grand narrative like shared universes.Storytellers create structures.In fantasy action things it's usually power structure/levels(power here can be anything..prep time, intelligence,speed ... whatever)
    Power structures don't prevent comparable characters from being comparable if they are supposed to be comparable, just bad writing does.

He isn't?who says?if he ain't how the hell does he fight captain marvel.
    The same way how Superman or Wonder Woman fight Shazam, by being comparable.

Tell you what.. get rid of the shit that is tower of babel and the dcau where batman knows best.That's literal years of impotence from other characters..i will happily obilge you jl movie.

It took superman and cap to beat adam.
    A random animated movie, are you kidding me? Ultraman has beaten up Black Adam, Wonder Woman and him had a short fight that quickly ended with her defeating him with Hawkman's mace, and Shazam has matched Black Adam several times, and so on:

Superman and Shazam or Wonder Woman as duos would be typically a total overkill against Black Adam, because his only true advantage are his lesser morals.

Zod being inferior to kal is dumb.You are proving my point.If these guys can beat superman then so can adam.Any anti-thetical equal of captain marvel is strong enough to go toe to toe with superman and even beat him.
    In which universe is Black Adam even nearly comparable to Darkseid, and since when are characters who can go toe to toe with others more powerful than them?

Aquaman or wonder woman should be.But,they aren't they didn't provide any direction.Heck!i would have loved aquaman being the center of dc.Aquaman did with that trench and black manta stuff.But,that ain't happening.That is the end of that.Ironman 2 (iron man 1 to lesser degree) did heavy lifting regarding world building and such.Ironman started the things .He was the protagonist of mcu.
    So we are truly just talking about DC's and WB's hypocrisy, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's not like the footage was replaced with a ZSJL's equivalent. And there were already scenes from BvS about BM/SM/WW in the spot.
    That makes the behavior doubly psychotic. I can't imagine getting that mad over a split second of footage most normal people probably didn't even notice.

Every time WB gives in to the cult it just reinforces that they can get what they want by flinging shit. The Rock wants to win them over but he needs to accept that he’s always going to be a heel to them.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Again, works both ways. Black panther 2s sub-mariner and i bet man-thing in werewolf by night will have to deal with that to even though they are the originals.
    That is not always true.

It really depends on what material with those guys has been released. There is a lot of stuff that gets released that comic book fans don't know or don't pay attention to.

Remember Man Thing had a movie and there are 5 Man Thing trades out there and one is by RL Stine.

Namor has at least 5 trades all about him already out.

Dr Fate's issue is the same for many- a lack of material sitting in stores before all this.

If we take the Dr Fate solos-the nephew has more trades out than his Uncle. Then lets not forget the mess known as New 52 that was 10 years of Fate not being seen or in a trade.

Entitlement fans and comic book store trolls want to throw fits about what gets made but there is a method to the madness. If you are trying to expand your characters that means books like Lobo & Crush or Nubia get made for a reason-trades. So there will be material out there if or when that movie or show gets made with them in the cast.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    The same way how Superman or Wonder Woman fight Shazam, by being comparable.
    Did i say anything about comparable character not being comparable.Hawkman maced Black adam in the face in one of the teasers..
    And There you go..you got your answers.Comparable means having the potential to beat someone.That's all i have been saying.nothing more or less.

One movie that hit the public sphere and is projected by the company as a showcase of dc characters.Meaning it holds weight.

Darkseid is lowballed into superman's nemsis many a times(The only thing good about dcau. other than batman series is new gods/superman saga in my opinion).That means,black adam is in the same ball park when it happens.

I don't really care if they are or aren't.For the first time ever,Another character has clout beyond batman.All i said was i prefer it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Marvel is more balanced..even they do " popularity dictates" thing.You can't get away from it.For instance, Ironman going toe to toe with thanos.

Here at the very least it ain't pis like batman beating up jl for the hunderdth time.The guy is literally built to be the most powerful other than captain marvel.

And i am saying that ain't it.that It was this or we get a captain marvel movie with the rock as the villain.That would be the end of it.Where is the build up in that? what's the fun?This builts up towards cap and superman(if it's successful that is).For that reason the other guy needed to be introduced to audience first.There would be no direction if black adam spun out of captain marvel movie.No end point.no payoff.No nothing.He would be fighting some random shmuck who would get beat and nobody would remember.Remember how bvs had zero build up?So superman nor batman as characters couldn't stand on their feet.

It ain't unjust if a guy meant to be powerful is shown that way.Hulk beats hulkbuster tincans like the tin cans they are.That is justified.i know that's the comic powerlevel.But,still that's the base expectation.The reverse is what actually requires heavy storytelling reasons.Batman throwing green rocks for the 100th time and superman tripping over it is unjustified.Black adam beating cap,superman or ww for that matter ain't it.Why?cause he is meant to be that powerful.Zod or darkseid or doomsday beating superman?yeah!that ain't unjust.That could happen.Easily.

Why shouldn't black adam?Going by that logic ironman shouldn't have been either.That doesn't matter RDJ wanted to do ironman because it could help his career.Not because he loved the character.Those kinda things rarely happen.Actor choosing the character for the love of it,that is.It might have been it's own thing.But,there were plans in the back of their head.That is all that is being done here.If this movies is hit,then we go for black adam fighting superman,captain marvel..etc.JSA will get their spinoffs and such.Down the road black adam conquers kahndaq and rules over it, things like that.
    I just don’t think Black Adam has the scope for his own movie quite honestly. Especially with an actor as 1 dimensional as The Rock. I also don’t think a character needs to be built up in their own solo movie in order to cross over as a villain in another character’s film. In fact, I think that’s the worst way to do it. The fun of a villain is the mystery that surrounds them and their objective, getting to know them at the same time as the hero. In my mind, there is no fun in just seeing the CGI punch up eventually, it’s about getting to know the characters. BvS didn’t have to fail, but it did because it tried too much.

In regards to what you’re saying about RDJ as Iron Man - this situation is more like Mickey Rourke wanting a Whiplash movie first, or Tom Hiddleston wanting a Loki movie before Thor, or Michael Shannon wanting a Zod movie, or Jesse Eisenberg wanting a Luther movie first etc

If they wanted to build Black Adam as a big bad, they could have built it through other films in the franchise, and lead up to it. Instead it just comes across as another Rock film where makes sure his contract makes him be the strongest in the room.

I wouldn’t want a Joker movie or a Magneto movie, or a Red Skull movie either. Setting up a future villain by giving them their own movie just doesn’t interest me, and it seems like they’re stretching the storyline for the sake of Dwayne Johnson’s ego, as opposed to him fitting his character into a good story
    Last edited by Jack The Tripper; 09-23-2022 at 05:56 AM.

Incredible Member

Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav faces 3 key challenges as financial headwinds disrupt his strategy and threaten his promises to Wall Street

''When the deal closed, Zaslav and the team thought they'd be integrating two companies. It turns out there are five, housing some 40,000 employees globally: Warner Bros., HBO Max, the Turner entertainment channel business, CNN, and Discovery.
    The cuts have come down hard these past few months and there's a widespread expectation that WBD is ultimately being positioned for a sale to another company — Comcast is the most frequently mentioned potential partner, with one entertainment exec speculating to the Hollywood Reporter that Comcast CEO Brian Roberts "is licking his chops because the [WBD] stock is so low."

Meanwhile, WBD has said it's in it for the long haul. "We are building WBD for the long term," a company spokeswoman told Insider. A combination with Comcast's NBCUniversal unit would require a heavy regulatory lift given that both companies own large news organizations, Hollywood studios, and scores of cable channels. Whether the talk is smoke or fire remains to be seen. For tax reasons related to the Reverse Morris Trust that created the company, nothing can happen for another 18 months — but major M&A deals take at least a year to close."

Full text:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...aslav_faces_3/
    Last edited by Veni; 09-23-2022 at 07:33 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Personally I think that many top-tier villains are interesting enough to have their own films. I don't know for sure if this movie will fulfill that potential but it's certainly there. Sometimes they're severely hamstrung by having to share screen-time with the hero.

Wasn’t Todd Phillips supposed to do another villain film besides Joker?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wasn’t Todd Phillips supposed to do another villain film besides Joker?
    I know there were rumors about them doing a Luthor film but I don't know how substantial they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Personally I think that many top-tier villains are interesting enough to have their own films. I don't know for sure if this movie will fulfill that potential but it's certainly there. Sometimes they're severely hamstrung by having to share screen-time with the hero.
    I’m not saying it’s not possible to have good ones, but in a franchise built to be crowd pleasing blockbusters, it’s highly likely that this will end up watering down a pretty complex villain into an attempt at an edgy anti hero who has to fight a threat worse than himself, leading to some sort of redemption for him.

I think the only way a villain film can work is low budget, and willing to keep the character villainous. I didn’t like Joker personally, but it’s a decent version of a villain film. I just feel we’re going to get to the end of Black Adam with some forced readon for him to fight heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know there were rumors about them doing a Luthor film but I don't know how substantial they are.
    Least the bar is in hell after Eisenberg if it does happen

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The BA spot linked above was removed by The Rock and WB from their official accounts and re-uploaded "corrected" without the half-second of footage from Whedon's JL: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1572737846922063874

Omg, so unnecessary, I didn't even noticed it, lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Getting upset enough about that to brigade the comments is truly psycho behavior.
    Yeah, the reaction was completely ridiculous. It's half a second in a trailer, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    They are too worried about "backlash" from people who have no idea how to live a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Every time WB gives in to the cult it just reinforces that they can get what they want by flinging shit. The Rock wants to win them over but he needs to accept that heÂ’s always going to be a heel to them.
    I'm 50/50 on this. I agree that Snyder's fans proved after ZSJL that if you give them an inch they'll just start demanding more. But at the same time I get why WB/the Rock would do this. That half a second is meaningless, it was just one in a series of shots of previous heroes and villains setting up Black Adam as part of the shared universe. Snyder's fans are extremely vocal (even if they don't have the numbers to back up that voice at the box office) and Black Adam is a month from release. The last thing WB/DC/Johnson wants at this point is online backlash and discussion over a half second of footage in a trailer that likely isn't even in the film. A quick cut doesn't hurt them and may even get some of that fanbase on side ahead of release.

In terms of which version is "true canon", I honestly don't think it matters. My gut feeling is WB still view the theatrical cut as the canon version, but what really changes? If you say 2017 is canon then, at some point between JL and The Flash spoilers:
    Barry has saved the day by time travelling
    end of spoilers (at least according to what was said after test screenings). Or you take ZSJL as canon then at some point between that and Shazam! Superman switches back to his blue suit. Any other differences likely aren't going to be address before The Flash and after that they won't matter as you can just handwave them away as timeline changes. So just watch whichever you prefer since only the broad strokes will matter anyway.

So, yeah, Snyder's fanbase is crazy and triggered by ridiculously minor things like half a second in a trailer, but why bother antagonising them if you don't have to? The Rock and WB shouldn't have to cut that half a second, I completely agree, but it costs them very little to tweak it and doing so avoids a load of unnecessary drama on twitter at a time when they want the focus to be on Black Adam not Snyder's fans and a movie they've been trying to move on from since before it even came out.
    Last edited by ChrisLyne; 09-24-2022 at 05:29 AM.