Page 1319 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 31981912191269130913151316131713181319132013211322132313291369 ... LastLast
Results 19,771 to 19,785 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Monopolies are more about controlling the means of production, not simply the product itself. So Disney buying DC wouldn't likely be against anti-trust laws.
    It shouldn't happen regardless. Disney shouldn't have that much power, and its model isn't one size fits all and takes a certain amount of patience I don't think Zaslav has, especially if canceling a finished film was on the agenda.

Honestly, it's going to take someone to think outside the box, but a big shared universe is all anyone is concerned with and that might not be the smartest move.

And, I definitely don't trust Zaslav's judgment if animation is on the line.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

It always amazes me that people can be in the mind state that they genuinely think a franchise that releases multiple films each year is somehow on the verge of collapse/unprofitable/failing. Meanwhile, the company people fantasy about DC being sold too has literally given up at creating Star Wars films.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Yeah. They sell a crap ton of those. Viz does, too.
    Interesting, but i think regardless of that i don't see the government allowing them to co-exist just like they didn't decades ago. Controlling that many big time heroes? Not gonna fly

Quote Originally Posted by Proto Man View Post
    Yeah. They sell a crap ton of those. Viz does, too.
    I'm not a huge expert on Scholastic comics but I don't think they are putting out multiple comics per week like DC/Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    I'm not a huge expert on Scholastic comics but I don't think they are putting out multiple comics per week like DC/Marvel.
    Their sales are higher than DC and Marvel combined
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Devin Faraci has confirmed the rumor that a certain character being in Black Adam is true…
    Last edited by Serpico Jones; 10-03-2022 at 12:24 AM.

These seem to be only bookstore sales, not LCS and digital. And only bookstore TPBs and YA books seem to have been considered for DC and Marvel.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 10-03-2022 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Devin Faraci has confirmed the rumor that a certain character being in Black Adam is true…
    I already assumed it was 95% confirmed.

The main thing though is to see if it actually helps Black Adam's box office in any way.

Incredible Member

These seem to be only bookstore sales, not LCS and digital. And only bookstore TPBs and YA books seem to have been considered for DC and Marvel.
    While this is true, I believe the argument is that the Direct Market is dying with limited ability to expand and reach new audiences, whereas bookstores and things like Amazon illustrate the viability and potential of new markets and new demographics. And DC and Marvel have definitely noticed, as almost anything gets a TPB when this wasn't always the case. DC's Black Label, and for a time their Zoom and Ink lines, and standalone GNs show DC has noticed the money in the perennial GN market and the YA market. And these new audiences are younger, hopefully ingratiating them to DC characters and making them lifelong consumers of DC products. Which makes sense. Relying on the dwindling Direct Market, solid estimates of which are hard to come by now that Diamond is not the sole distributor, is a recipe for disaster, but for now, it still contributes the majority of comic book sales.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Monopolies are more about controlling the means of production, not simply the product itself. So Disney buying DC wouldn't likely be against anti-trust laws.
    Yeah it's why when Disney bought Fox there wasn't much blowback due to them being solely an entertainment business but there was some real debate when AT&T bought WB simply because AT&T was a telecommunications company. The fear with AT&T and Comcast is you'd have to use their product to view the content. But the U.S. Government doesn't care about comics hell Diamond was a monopoly for decades and they never got involved.

I don't think Disney buys WB/DC but it wouldn't be a monopoly IMO. It'd be very easy for a Disney lawyer to argue that superhero comics are just one small part of graphic novels and even combined, Marvel and DC are low compared to others. As mentioned, Marvel and DC aren't the only game in town and I doubt the FCC considers 'superhero comics' to be its own industry. They'd easily be able to show Scholastic and manga as competitors that truly dominate the space

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

They will look at Superman and Spider-Man and go....nope. Manga and Scholastic aren't anywhere near the superhero realm and the power that comes with adapting them to screen

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And legitimately I don't think Disney would know what to do with both Marvel and DC. Beyond making them crossover.
    Universal might buy dc before Disney even entertains the thought of doing so. Though I wonder what would happen to six flags if that happened.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

edit: whoops, posted about something in the wrong thread
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-03-2022 at 10:16 AM.

BANNED

I already assumed it was 95% confirmed.

The main thing though is to see if it actually helps Black Adam's box office in any way.
    I doubt it. The reality the fans need to face is the person in question has never been a box office sensation.