Page 1333 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 33383312331283132313291330133113321333133413351336133713431383 ... LastLast
Results 19,981 to 19,995 of 20948
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The MCU heroes have no problem killing, and general audiences don’t have an issue with them killing either. It’s only specific characters where the no kill rule is ingrained into who they are - namely Supes, Bats, and Spidey - where them killing will be a turn off.

Oh and people loved Venom despite it being trash, so an edgy killer antihero can definitely succeed.
    I don't think the general populace knows about Batman as much since he's killed in nearly every movie. It's mostly people who come from some of the cartoons or comics, which is a smaller subset.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

For those wondering,He takes a piss on being role model or an ideal..why black adam ain't likable.Maybe that was never intended.. People can like him despite that ofcourse.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-17-2022 at 03:01 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That is seriously the only link to say that number everywhere else says 140 million. Also, the film was in the top ten domestic films of 2011 and made 152 million on DVD and Blu-Ray https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Ca...er#tab=summary

It wasn't a flop.
    The article explains why that 200 mill number is more accurate;

Movie budgets are usually kept a closely guarded secret as the studios tend to absorb the costs of individual pictures as part of their overall expenses so they don’t have to report the budgets for them. However, the costs of movies filmed in Britain are consolidated in single companies that have to file publicly available financial statements. All costs are shown on the production company financial statements regardless of where the expenditure is incurred.

The companies usually have code names to keep them from raising attention when filing for permits to film off-site. The one behind Infinity War is Assembled Productions III as it is the third movie in the series, seeing the heroes brought together with the call of "Avengers Assemble."
    The fact that other media sources don't update their figures is a failure on their part, in fact, that article doesn't even acknowledge the numbers could mean Cap 1 flopped (there is no reason it should given its thesis). As far as I know, I'm the only person to ever put 2 and 2 together and make the claim that Cap1 probably was unsuccessful.

The franchise as a whole is clearly a success despite any initial hurdles. There are tons of things of things you can criticize WB for in regards to how it has handled DC film properties but when it's contrasted with this mythological version of the MCU that is essentially a perfect creation, without any flops, erratas, controversy or even bad films, the fans of DC film have a right to call them out for being blindly partisan.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Everything i said was about him being defeated in a film which is something that doesn't happen anymore and how that likely wouldn't put him as the villain in Sh3 since Shazam has to win in the end
    As has been pointed out, he doesn’t have to be defeated to be some form of antagonist. He can be an enemy-turned-ally.

The MCU heroes have no problem killing, and general audiences don’t have an issue with them killing either. It’s only specific characters where the no kill rule is ingrained into who they are - namely Supes, Bats, and Spidey - where them killing will be a turn off.

Oh and people loved Venom despite it being trash, so an edgy killer antihero can definitely succeed.
    The MCU even managed to turn out a Christmas show about a serial killer and his supportive young adult protege who blows people up and give them a happy ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't think the general populace knows about Batman as much since he's killed in nearly every movie. It's mostly people who come from some of the cartoons or comics, which is a smaller subset.
    Yeah but Nolan was the turning point where “Batman has one rule” became ingrained into the public consciousness (even if he broke it at times). That’s why there was a backlash against Affleck killing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spiderman is in a wierd place..The guy doesn't kill.But,most of the guys he fights end up dead.. Ofcourse,nwh changed a bit of that..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The MCU even managed to turn out a Christmas show about a serial killer and his supportive young adult protege who blows people up and give them a happy ending!
    Are you talking about hit-monkey?is it any good? Was planning on watching it.Felt like my kinda deal
    Yeah but Nolan was the turning point where “Batman has one rule” became ingrained into the public consciousness (even if he broke it at times). That’s why there was a backlash against Affleck killing.
    Still has a body count..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-17-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Spiderman is in a wierd place..The guy doesn't kill.But,most of the guys he fights end up dead.. Ofcourse,nwh changed a bit of that..

Are you talking about hit-monkey?is it any good? Was planning on watching it.Felt like my kinda deal

Still has a body count..
    Hit-Monkey is great and it's a damn shame we won't get a season 2.

Also, yeah..."No kill rule" but "I don't have to save you, either" or whatever the hell cop-out he says before he gets out of the barreling train or whatever and leaves Ras behind haha.

Hit-Monkey's great, I was actually talking about Hawkeye.

Thanks guys..will definitely watch it now..
    Yeah! didn't watch Hawkeye.Dammit!now i feel like these characters should have the rule and live bye it..Just to get on the nerve of the trigger happy jackasses.

Incredible Member

Thanks guys..will definitely watch it now..
    Yeah! didn't watch Hawkeye.Dammit!now i feel like these characters should have the rule and live bye it..Just to get on the nerve of the trigger happy jackasses.
    Yeah, like Frontier said, the tone of Hawkeye the series really clashes with some of the actual going-ons in the show haha. Kate blowing up bad-guys with a trick arrow on a bridge and most certainly killing them was not treated in heavy manner. And let's not forget Clint was Ronin at some point, and murdered a looooot of people. But the show was Christmas and family themed, despite the death and wanton violence haha. Marvel really has a method and it clearly works for them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Yeah, like Frontier said, the tone of Hawkeye the series really clashes with some of the actual going-ons in the show haha. Kate blowing up bad-guys with a trick arrow on a bridge and most certainly killing them was not treated in heavy manner. And let's not forget Clint was Ronin at some point, and murdered a looooot of people. But the show was Christmas and family themed, despite the death and wanton violence haha. Marvel really has a method and it clearly works for them.
    Lethal Weapon was Christmas and family themed, despite death and wanton violence by the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    And the daughter of one of the guys he killed who had a legitimate beef with him just lets it go because we don't have time to properly address that. And also gets a show. For some reason .

If Cap 1 did flop, it makes sense why they turned that trilogy into a team-up series, and it looks like they'll keep doing that by adding Hulk's universe to Cap 4. Cap hasn't had a true solo film since the first movie.

Extraordinary Member

It seems both DC and The Rock have a lot riding on Black Adam since things are looking even worse for Ezra and his future as The Flash (and considering the company's current state...). I'll be honest, even if he manages to get by without serving any time (which admittedly, is a possibility), I'm not likely to watch anything he stars in in the future. How much slack WB has given him purely in the name of the almighty dollar has been absolutely disgusting.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.