Page 1334 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 33483412341284132413301331133213331334133513361337133813441384 ... LastLast
Results 19,996 to 20,010 of 20948

I don't think Cap 1 flopped. It just didn't do as well as the sequels did (and I don't think the team-ups were all they had going with it).

WS was very much a solo film. It just happened to have Superhero guest stars who made sense in Caps' world (Widow and Falcon). Falcon is literally a Cap supporting character.
    Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    It seems both DC and The Rock have a lot riding on Black Adam since things are looking even worse for Ezra and his future as The Flash (and considering the company's current state...). I'll be honest, even if he manages to get by without serving any time (which admittedly, is a possibility), I'm not likely to watch anything he stars in in the future. How much slack WB has given him purely in the name of the almighty dollar has been absolutely disgusting.
    It feels weird to bank on a person who will possibly serve prison time.

THR gives a big update on the status of DC at WBD

TL;DR

-Hamada is out and he didn’t even take a production deal as a way to soften his exit

-Hamada was the one blocking Cavill’s return, he supported the Abrams/Coates Black Superman project

-MoS2 is entering production, WBD would like to see MacQuarrie write and direct

-Gunn has pitched some mystery movie(s)

-Reeves has plans to make movies starring Gotham villains like Scarecrow, Clayface, or Pyg

-De Luca may end up being the permanent head of DC, he’s the one who overrode Hamada to get Cavill into Black Adam

-Jenkins is expected to turn in her WW3 script soon and a script for The Flash 2 is already submitted

-The Rock is making moves as well, he wants to dip in DC’s B and C-Listers

-THR seems to imply the Zatanna movie is cancelled too, they mention that
    The mega-producer had a few setbacks when some of his DC shows — based in the supernatural corners of DC and featuring characters such as Constantine and Zatanna — were scrapped at WBD’s HBO Max streaming service. They are now being shopped to other streamers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All-New Member

And not even a hint about Black Canary/Jurnee Smollett. You can cancel Batgirl when it's basically finished but everyone has to be secretive about the fact that they're not moving forward with the Black Canary character?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    THR gives a big update on the status of DC at WBD

TL;DR

-Hamada is out and he didn’t even take a production deal as a way to soften his exit

-Hamada was the one blocking Cavill’s return, he supported the Abrams/Coates Black Superman project

-MoS2 is entering production, WBD would like to see MacQuarrie write and direct

-Gunn has pitched some mystery movie(s)

-Reeves has plans to make movies starring Gotham villains like Scarecrow, Clayface, or Pyg

-De Luca may end up being the permanent head of DC, he’s the one who overrode Hamada to get Cavill into Black Adam

-Jenkins is expected to turn in her WW3 script soon and a script for The Flash 2 is already submitted

-The Rock is making moves as well, he wants to dip in DC’s B and C-Listers

I am glad Cavill’s superman is back.
    Now his superman and dceu supergirl could be in dceu together.

I knew the Zatanna movie most likely would get cancelled.
    Anyway they could tell her dceu origin story or some of it in the justice league dark series if that is still going forward.
    They could do the same with the dceu constantine.

I hope the dceu val-zod superman limited series does not cancelled but who knows.

Now they need get the green lantern corps movie going with john stewart and hal jordan.
    Oh and we are still not sure if the green lantern series is connected with the dceu or not but so far i am glad that has not been cancelled.
    So far the series is not a dceu series but that could change,but who knows.

If it's not connected i will still be fine with it.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-17-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cavil returning is fine with me, I guess but I really wanted a recast and hard reboot approach that Reeves took with Batman this year. I still think there are better actors more suited for the part than Cavil(who’s a mediocre actor at best, imo) and I just wanted a clean slate from the Snyder-Verse.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Cavil returning is fine with me, I guess but I really wanted a recast and hard reboot approach that Reeves took with Batman this year. I still think there are better actors more suited for the part than Cavil(who’s a mediocre actor at best, imo) and I just wanted a clean slate from the Snyder-Verse.
    I'm really surprised they haven't done this yet, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I am glad Cavill’s superman is back.
    Now his superman and dceu supergirl could be in dceu together.

I knew the Zatanna movie most likely would get cancelled.
    Anyway they could tell her dceu origin story or some of it in the justice league dark series if that is still going forward.
    They could do the same with the dceu constantine.

I hope the dceu val-zod superman limited series does not cancelled but who knows.

Now they need get the green lantern corps movie going with john stewart and hal jordan.
    Oh and we are still not sure if the green lantern series is connected with the dceu or not but so far i am glad that has not been cancelled.
    So far the series is not a dceu series but that could change,but who knows.

If it's not connected i will still be fine with it.
    Very unlikely the Val-Zod project happens for a couple reasons: Zaslav isn’t interested in competing in the streaming wars, Cavill seems set to return to being the main Superman, the previous regime were the ones who made MBJ the offer, MBJ like Abrams has failed to really deliver anything despite claiming so many IPs, and HBO Max itself might be getting downgraded. Really when it comes down to it they’re not going to have multiple Supermen all competing with each other. S&L will likely end when MoS2 comes out for example.

Edit: Word filter is screwing me over but Business Insider just put out an article on GLC, go Google it. Seems it’s still alive.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-17-2022 at 04:49 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really when it comes down to it they’re not going to have multiple Supermen all competing with each other. S&L will likely end when MoS2 comes out for example.
    Well, that's disappointing. It's probably the best portrayal of Superman since Reeve.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Well, that's disappointing. It's probably the best portrayal of Superman since Reeve.
    MoS2 wouldn’t be ready until 2025 at the earliest, so if S&L runs until then it will get at least 5 seasons total. That’s a good run.

I'm just happy to get a main Superman movie.

I thought Reeves was banking on Mr. Freeze as the sequel villain? Unless this would be a movie that just focused on the villains with little involvement from Batman?

Bold of them to be scripting Flash 2. I wonder if they're prepared if Miller can't come back.

A Zatanna movie would probably have done wonders for getting her more out there, yet at the same time I didn't really trust JJ Abrams with her.

MoS not getting a sequel and this hatred towards Cavil was genuinely the dumbest thing WB was doing.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As I've said before, I dont know why we are focusing so much on all these Batman spin offs but not on Aquaman or WW spin offs. Or why those directors arent being given more DC projects...

If we get a Flash sequel and they dont recast....I swear..

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cavill was in negotiations to come back under Hamada/Emmerich. They were in charge when his BA scene was shown (not fully) into a test screening. And Hamada isn't gone. The Rock is talking about people that are no longer at WB. Emmerich is still a producer at WB after stepping down from his role to start his own studio.

Free to believe Cavill shoot is scene this month just because you are seeing it now. This is not like movies are made.
    After Hamada said no, Johnson went around the executive, turning to De Luca and Abdy, who gave it the thumbs up. A furious round of negotiating occurred before Labor Day, a deadline insisted by Warners, with the scene shot in mid-September.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235243030/

But now we said it.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 10-17-2022 at 05:48 PM.

But don't forget he was in two movies half the people hated and is frowned on by many! People forget over half the people hated those two films.

I can understand not wanting to bring Clooney back right away after batman and robin also. Let the smoke clear.

To me he was fine as superman. He just needs a good script this time!

After the crap he did to batgirl not shocked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    As I've said before, I dont know why we are focusing so much on all these Batman spin offs but not on Aquaman or WW spin offs. Or why those directors arent being given more DC projects...

If we get a Flash sequel and they dont recast....I swear..

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...on-1235243030/

But now we said it.
    I’ve been arguing with him for ages that Hamada was opposed to Cavill returning, was very satisfying to see I was right lol

Can't blame Cavill for bad scripts. Those films had bad problems but i didn't see him as one of them. Fine with him getting another chance. Please no looney tunes lex or zod this time! Another superman bad guy this time please wb!