Page 1338 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 33883812381288132813341335133613371338133913401341134213481388 ... LastLast
Results 20,056 to 20,070 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    RT score is now 54. Going up and down like a yoyo.
    Seems it will be divisive critically but probably will be popular among audiences assuming they show up for this. Not a great week for DC regardless since I fully expect the Gotham Knights video game to likewise get mediocre reviews.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm not doubting that the MCU is still popular though. My argument was a rebuff against the claim that recent MCU films were received positively and anyone in the community knows that isn't the case.
    All the recent mcu films,doctor strange 2 and thor 4 all have postive scores on RT from both critics and audiences.

Now both have B+cinemascores but that's not bad,so clearly with these types of cinemascores they were less enjoyable then doctor strange 1 and thor 3.
    The sucide squad has B+ cinemascore too.

These are from the average moviegoer/casuals that are verified not youtube agenda type channels that could say anything because don't like the direction the mcu is going(woke this, woke that if know what i mean).

The only way to more truly know what the average person thinks about any movie or show,games etc..like it or not, are websites like RT,metacritic,imdb,cinemascores etc..not youtube channels and forums.

Verified movie/show websites and cinemascores is the best and most legitimate way to go and that would be RT for critics and audiences on how many liked it(rt critic scores) and average rating score below on how strong the movie is.
    The cinemascores for audiences on how they enjoyed the movie.

RT is the most comprehensive website for movies and shows and getting the best idea on what folks think on average,even more so now that the audience scores are now verified too.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-18-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    All the recent mcu films,doctor strange 2 and thor 4 all have postive scores on RT from both critics and audiences.

Now both have B+cinemascores but that's not bad,so clearly with these types of cinemascores they were less enjoyable then doctor strange 1 and thor 3.
    The sucide squad has B+ cinemascore too.

These are from the average moviegoer/casuals that are verified not youtube agenda type channels that could say anything because don't like the direction the mcu is going(woke this, woke that if know what i mean).

The only way to more truly know what the average person thinks about any movie or show,games etc..like it or not, are websites like RT,metacritic,imdb,cinemascores etc..not youtube channels and forums.

Verified movie/show websites and cinemascores is the best and most legitimate way to go and that would be RT for critics and audiences on how many liked it(rt critic scores) and average rating score below on how strong the movie is.
    The cinemascores for audiences on how they enjoyed the movie.

RT is the most comprehensive website for movies and shows and getting the best idea on what folks think on average,even more so now that the audience scores are now verified too.
    I thought MoM and L&T had bad or less than stellar critical reception.

Although I guess at least with MoM it was usually complaints about the script and not the direction/acting.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If it's anything like aquaman i would leave the theatres with a fine experience..
    Edit-box office prediction is 120-130mil hopefully it gets to the 600mil mark.https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-a...235148749/amp/
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-18-2022 at 11:37 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    RT score is now 54. Going up and down like a yoyo.
    Yep. 55% now which is on par with most of The Rock’s movies.

Jungle Cruise is at 62% for instance.

black-adam-dwayne-johnson-edits-r-rating
    A full R rated black adam would be cool..

Reel rejects review. They had fun with the action, adam has creative kills but said script was dumb, they saw adam as the rock more than once, says it feels outdated and rushed and bad guy was wasted. Synder slow motion scenes return.

They said you can tell it was cut down. Not much history with adam. JSA was great and they loved dr fate but they complain female member has next to no screentime.

They said this whole film was the end cg fight in wonder woman with nothing new at all.

Ouch!

They said you can wait for video! It's a film they saw many times already!

Ouch!

These guys are big dc fans so this is a ouch!

Is it really that hard to make a good DC movie? WB doesn't deserve these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Is it really that hard to make a good DC movie? WB doesn't deserve these characters.
    Wait.. i thought you didn't like black adam direction at all or the movie being made.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wait.. i thought you didn't like black adam direction at all or the movie being made.
    I didn't like the direction, but I didn't want it to be bad. Especially since it's the cinematic debut of one of my favorite characters (Hawkman).

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I didn't like the direction, but I didn't want it to be bad. Especially since it's the cinematic debut of one of my favorite characters (Hawkman).
    Gotcha!it was pretty sure it wasn't gonna be a logan or joker or one of the batman movies.It was just gonna be another one of those action flicks.My hook is i don't care for "classic" superman or pop culture superman.But,i like superman-esque figures and some versions of superman (older ones especially).

Though i would like to add that hearing the kahndaq history with black adam's being a slave not getting expanded feels disappointing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-19-2022 at 05:23 AM.

Incredible Member

Black Adam's Metacritic score is 45%

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/black-adam

At this point I think we're pretty much beyond having a non-Batman DC movie that's both a box office juggernaut and a critical darling. Seems like Wonder Woman will remain as the only exception for the foreseeable future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    At this point I think we're pretty much beyond having a non-Batman DC movie that's both a box office juggernaut and a critical darling. Seems like Wonder Woman will remain as the only exception for the foreseeable future.
    Don't forget Shazam. The movie was critically acclaimed. It was successful like Wonder Woman ( both financially and critically). It made almost 400 million worldwide considering its budget.

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.