Page 1339 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 33983912391289132913351336133713381339134013411342134313491389 ... LastLast
Results 20,071 to 20,085 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Not surprised. It was revealed a month before that Hamada will leave the studio after Black Adam is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    At this point I think we're pretty much beyond having a non-Batman DC movie that's both a box office juggernaut and a critical darling. Seems like Wonder Woman will remain as the only exception for the foreseeable future.
    Funniest ending to all this is if Black Adam becomes a Venom: terrible critical reviews but great box office.
    And that’s a wrap for the old regime. Zaslav is still looking for his Feige but for now De Luca seems to be running things.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought MoM and L&T had bad or less than stellar critical reception.

Although I guess at least with MoM it was usually complaints about the script and not the direction/acting.
    Once the glow wore off, people actually turned on those films. I'd say a lot of fans hated L&T out of the gate, but they really turned on MoM, especially Wanda fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Reel rejects review. They had fun with the action, adam has creative kills but said script was dumb, they saw adam as the rock more than once, says it feels outdated and rushed and bad guy was wasted. Synder slow motion scenes return.

They said you can tell it was cut down. Not much history with adam. JSA was great and they loved dr fate but they complain female member has next to no screentime.

They said this whole film was the end cg fight in wonder woman with nothing new at all.

Ouch!

They said you can wait for video! It's a film they saw many times already!

Ouch!

These guys are big dc fans so this is a ouch!

They're also big Snyder fans as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Is it really that hard to make a good DC movie? WB doesn't deserve these characters.
    No, it's not, given that they've actually made pretty great DC content this year. Hell, I'd say DC's Superpets was also surprisingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    MCU is still popular as hell with the broader culture. Its the intense fanboys where its popularity may have waned but they still eat it up.
    I think Marvel oversaturating the space with content is making it easier for people to skip a lot of their stuff. Less is more, and everybody can see that Marvel's quality has dropped as quantity increased.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I think Marvel oversaturating the space with content is making it easier for people to skip a lot of their stuff. Less is more, and everybody can see that Marvel's quality has dropped as quantity increased.
    Which is probably why the focus for Marvel will be on the television side, due to less expensive talent and production values.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Is it really that hard to make a good DC movie? WB doesn't deserve these characters.
    Apparently so, which is why we have TWO versions of JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Incredible Member

Personally, I will be going to see the film, though not at full price. Haven't done that since the last STAR WARS film came out.

I like how the article is openly mocking Zaslav about wanting his own Feige that the only way you can get your own Feige is if you clone him.

FWIW, I still find it funny they never give Johns credit for Aquaman. That movie was made under Johns not under Hamada. Hamada didn't come along until Aquaman was in post-production. I think he was more actively involved in Shazam as compared to Aquaman.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Same here, Frontier. I'm expecting a serviceable and entertaining movie with action that uses cool DC characters on the big screen. As long as nobody gets done too dirty, namely Fate and Hawkman, I'm sure it'll be at least kinda fun.

Also, yeah I understand why people take reviews the way they do, but RT scores? Really? Just go watch it yourself and come to your own conclusion...or don't go watch it. The fatalism associated with literally anything DCEU related is quite exhausting. At the very least, the Rock got Cavill his job back and now there's reports of MoS2 revving into action. And we get JSA characters on the big screen. It already can't be THAT bad.
    Don't believe anything about Cavill coming back as Superman in his own movie until you see it on the big screen. I suspect that if Black Adam bombs, that's it for Cavill as Superman. They will recast. And this speaks to the point of what Walter Hamada was fighting against: one celebrity trying to put his imprint all over the DCEU and make it about him; even the THR article from two days back speaks to this. When you have guys like Johnson and Snyder going behind Hamada's back to get permission from the higher-ups (and win), you essentially usurp his authority as DC Films president.

You don't see this happening to Feige. RDJ never went over his head to Bob Iger to get a nepotistic side deal done.
    I suspect that Hamada had it right regarding Henry Cavill. Cavill thinks he's this big superstar who deserves a huge payday and creative control over Superman. Hamada, based on the numbers, says "No, you're not. Let's be reasonable here."
    But, The Rock seems to think he needs Superman in his movie and forced a negotiation that may not really help Cavill in the end. It could get him fired. I still chuckle at Dani Garcia bragging about it taking six years to get five seconds of Cavill in Black Adam. It only points out how bad she is at her job if her ex-husband has to swing in to get her client in to boost his movie.

Also, this mantra of "Listen to the fans" is BS. No studio "listens to the fans". This isn't the WWE. It's a major motion picture studio that has to answer to shareholders. You better show up with a profit or you're out, fans be damned.
    Finally, Hiram Garcia's interview with Cinemablend just makes me realize that no one learned any of the lessons of Batman v. Superman.

"It's never been about a one off or just about a fight. No, it's about so much more than that. We really want to craft a long-form of storytelling and show that these two characters exist in the same universe and are going to have to deal with each other often, either on the same or opposite sides. Hopefully they're going to clash at some point, but it's not just about a ‘one fight’ situation. That was never our dream. That does not reward the fans. Fans want to feel a journey between these guys knowing that these guys exist in the same universe."
    https://www.cinemablend.com/intervie...ighting-for-it

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Which is probably why the focus for Marvel will be on the television side, due to less expensive talent and production values.
    Well, the promise was that these shows would get movie-level budgets, and that's clearly not the case. That, and they're not particularly well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Once the glow wore off, people actually turned on those films. I'd say a lot of fans hated L&T out of the gate, but they really turned on MoM, especially Wanda fans.
    For good reason.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I like how the article is openly mocking Zaslav about wanting his own Feige that the only way you can get your own Feige is if you clone him.

FWIW, I still find it funny they never give Johns credit for Aquaman. That movie was made under Johns not under Hamada. Hamada didn't come along until Aquaman was in post-production. I think he was more actively involved in Shazam as compared to Aquaman.
    and those two may be the best DCU movies until The Suicide Squad came out

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    All the recent mcu films,doctor strange 2 and thor 4 all have postive scores on RT from both critics and audiences.

Now both have B+cinemascores but that's not bad,so clearly with these types of cinemascores they were less enjoyable then doctor strange 1 and thor 3.
    The sucide squad has B+ cinemascore too.

These are from the average moviegoer/casuals that are verified not youtube agenda type channels that could say anything because don't like the direction the mcu is going(woke this, woke that if know what i mean).

The only way to more truly know what the average person thinks about any movie or show,games etc..like it or not, are websites like RT,metacritic,imdb,cinemascores etc..not youtube channels and forums.

Verified movie/show websites and cinemascores is the best and most legitimate way to go and that would be RT for critics and audiences on how many liked it(rt critic scores) and average rating score below on how strong the movie is.
    The cinemascores for audiences on how they enjoyed the movie.

RT is the most comprehensive website for movies and shows and getting the best idea on what folks think on average,even more so now that the audience scores are now verified too.
    This idea that because Thor: The Dark World got "good" reviews a decade ago means it will forever be a good film with an adoring audience is laughable. That is not how a healthy community should appreciate its art and its not how the video game community by and large does it. There has been a movement away from even putting review scores in their review, a greater emphasis on reavluation and a general skepticism towards media reviews broadly. When your community is more toxic than the video game community, you know you're in a bad state.

Also, why don't look at who is actually an RT reviewer. I think people are under the misconception that its all newspaper and magazine reviewers and that is not the case. Let's use a case study, like say Bob Chipman, aka 'Movie Bob.' In his reviews of MCU films he regularly compares them to classic films and art, in his WandaVision review he compares it to Mulholhand Drive. He's not a serious reviewer and that would be bad enough already, but there is also the problem with the fact that, well, he's a eugenicist. He's lamented that the concept fell out of favour in the second half of the 20th century, has advocated that people should only be able to vote if they have a high enough IQ and constantly claims his detractors are 'unevolved'. He's a fascist, so why is he a Rotten Tomato's critic?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut