Page 1340 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 34084012401290133013361337133813391340134113421343134413501390 ... LastLast
Results 20,086 to 20,100 of 20948
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Finally, Hiram Garcia's interview with Cinemablend just makes me realize that no one learned any of the lessons of Batman v. Superman.
    What are you talking about?this is literally the rock trying to build towards a fight..It might happen or it might not.Depends on the market..For the same reason they could pull the plug.

Mcu first phase had its own growing pains..Granted they were more critics liked it...Market demands.if You don't want black adam 2 or mos2 or whatever they are building towards..Then it won't happen..if the movie makes money. It will.Either this movie makes 600mil or direction ends.it's that simple.

As for the critics and rotten tomatoes,a movie franchise or culture can be liked by vast majority of critics but hated by veterens..Superhero movies in general aren't gonna be liked by a Scorsese.I do believe and value a technicians objective assessment on the technical aspects over people who have no formal training.Not to say these guys aren't valid or that vast majority can't think a critically acclaimed movie to be of quality.Their assessment would be on the subjective aspects and will be subjective.This is my personal view.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-19-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Wow, the reviews for Black Adam are harsh! And some are fairly funny was well in their criticism. One for example said "it's not that Dwayne Johnson can't act, it that he chooses not to". And goes one from there to make some good points about him, about how he wants that wrestler/pro athlete worship and so does roles like this. Personally, I think he should do comedies and action comedies more often---that's his forte IMO, and I'd love to see a movie where he just is funny without throwing a punch.

Other review are saying he's the only good thing about it, that the JSA are forgettable, the villain is lame, and the writing worse---and everything is trite and predictable. They outright say this movie won't do anything really for WB and DC. Well, time will tell, and we'll see, but it seems to me they should have review embargoed this until the day of, so that they could get better opening weekend take. Word of mouth will kill it quickly if these reviews echo the popular sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This idea that because Thor: The Dark World got "good" reviews a decade ago means it will forever be a good film with an adoring audience is laughable. That is not how a healthy community should appreciate its art and its not how the video game community by and large does it. There has been a movement away from even putting review scores in their review, a greater emphasis on reavluation and a general skepticism towards media reviews broadly. When your community is more toxic than the video game community, you know you're in a bad state.

Also, why don't look at who is actually an RT reviewer. I think people are under the misconception that its all newspaper and magazine reviewers and that is not the case. Let's use a case study, like say Bob Chipman, aka 'Movie Bob.' In his reviews of MCU films he regularly compares them to classic films and art, in his WandaVision review he compares it to Mulholhand Drive. He's not a serious reviewer and that would be bad enough already, but there is also the problem with the fact that, well, he's a eugenicist. He's lamented that the concept fell out of favour in the second half of the 20th century, has advocated that people should only be able to vote if they have a high enough IQ and constantly claims his detractors are 'unevolved'. He's a fascist, so why is he a Rotten Tomato's critic?
    Bob Chipman is a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Wow, the reviews for Black Adam are harsh! And some are fairly funny was well in their criticism. One for example said "it's not that Dwayne Johnson can't act, it that he chooses not to". And goes one from there to make some good points about him, about how he wants that wrestler/pro athlete worship and so does roles like this. Personally, I think he should do comedies and action comedies more often---that's his forte IMO, and I'd love to see a movie where he just is funny without throwing a punch.

Other review are saying he's the only good thing about it, that the JSA are forgettable, the villain is lame, and the writing worse---and everything is trite and predictable. They outright say this movie won't do anything really for WB and DC. Well, time will tell, and we'll see, but it seems to me they should have review embargoed this until the day of, so that they could get better opening weekend take. Word of mouth will kill it quickly if these reviews echo the popular sentiment.
    I feel like Aquaman got some of the same critical reception and it didn't hurt it as much? I could be wrong.

Don't believe anything about Cavill coming back as Superman in his own movie until you see it on the big screen. I suspect that if Black Adam bombs, that's it for Cavill as Superman.
    Nah. He apparently has also shot a cameo for Flash, meaning he will be part of the new shared universe going forward. Zaslav and De Luca are seemingly the ones interested in using him, Hamada wanted to move away from Cavill, hence Hamada’s departure allowing Cavill to return.

They will recast. And this speaks to the point of what Walter Hamada was fighting against: one celebrity trying to put his imprint all over the DCEU and make it about him; even the THR article from two days back speaks to this. When you have guys like Johnson and Snyder going behind Hamada's back to get permission from the higher-ups (and win), you essentially usurp his authority as DC Films president.
    They’ll keep him and use him for cameos if nothing else. Not much point recasting a new Superman for a shared universe that might not have much life in it. But I do expect regardless of how Black Adam performs that the next solo Superman movie will star Cavill. All depends on if he can get talent he’s worked with before like Vaughn or MacQuarrie to come make the movie with him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Aquaman got some of the same critical reception and it didn't hurt it as much? I could be wrong.
    Like it or not Rotten tomatoes can influence box office.. it's the first thing you get when you google a movie..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member

I think that a film like BLACK ADAM, and most superhero films, needs a type of director/producer who knows how to direct such films. Films that feature characters who don't exhibit "superpowers" do well when the premise is a world without a "Superman", like a Nolan, or a Phillips or a Reeves film, firmly grounded in some sort of reality. Meanwhile, you need a writer/producer who can direct the fantastic, like a Gunn, or a Waititi or even a Synder. Unfortunately, those directors/producers tend to be expensive, so projects like BLACK ADAM tend to have lesser known directors/producers who are breaking into the industry. And those people, who are generally not known, don't get as scrutinized as the stars. Basically, BLACK ADAM will either make or break Dwayne Johnson's career, since he's a producer on this project.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Like it or not Rotten tomatoes can influence box office.. it's the first thing you get when you google a movie..
    RT can't influence box office anymore than the corporate news media could influence the notion that Joker was going to encourage violence. They loved pushing the narrative about the violent incels that were going to be influenced by the movie, then a machete fight broke out during a Frozen II screening. Never laughed harder in my life. Most DCEU films haven't been divisive or failed at the BO due to bad reviews, they failed because the casual moviegoing audience were not entertained by them. The paying audience doesn't care what film critic sites or the movie blogosphere has to say about anything.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2022 at 11:06 AM.

Steve “Frosty” Weintraub from Collider says Zaslav is committed to bringing back Superman to the silver screen asap.

Incredible Member

I actually wouldn't mind another movie with Johnson as Krypto.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Steve “Frosty” Weintraub from Collider says Zaslav is committed to bringing back Superman to the silver screen asap.
    The earliest we could see Superman would be mid 2024 and realistically 2025 which is to far away for me (mainly because ill be pushing 40 by then lol)

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Majority of Aquamans box office came from overseas. Of that billion, only $355mill came domestically. Compared to WW where it was practically 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The earliest we could see Superman would be mid 2024 and realistically 2025 which is to far away for me (mainly because ill be pushing 40 by then lol)
    You're not the only one. lol Gosh I can't imagine being close to 40 and still whining about how DC treats Hal Jordan. Then again I probably thought the same thing when I was in my early 20s too. And I used to make fun of older fans then. I was like "Why are these middle-aged dudes whining about this "New-52" thing taking their childhood away". lol Well who is the somewhat soon to be middle-aged dude whining about the evil company now.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-19-2022 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You're not the only one. lol Gosh I can't imagine being close to 40 and still whining about how DC treats Hal Jordan. Then again I probably thought the same thing when I was in my early 20s too. And I used to make fun of older fans then. I was like "Why are these middle-aged dudes whining about this "New-52" thing taking their childhood away". lol Well who is the somewhat soon to be middle-aged dude whining about the evil company now.
    I'm 46 lol You'll both be just fine. Hopefully you get to the point where you realize we fans aren't really entitled to anything and you'll either like the portrayal or not. But you won't be so affected that you rant about it online for days on end

Extraordinary Member

I think Marvel oversaturating the space with content is making it easier for people to skip a lot of their stuff. Less is more, and everybody can see that Marvel's quality has dropped as quantity increased.
    Well for most the mcu quality has not drop but the complaining has increased(certain types of youtube channels, forums etc..)

In real life most audience think phase 4 is the best phase(tv and movies)looking at the new recent RT SCORES for phase 4 most critics think phase 4 is the best phase so far too (combination tv shows and movies).
    Now looking at cinemascores for phase 4 some of movies are in B'S so you could say on average it's the least enjoyable phase on average compared to past phases and that could be varied reasons but more folks think phase 4 is the strongest phase so far and it more liked it looking at the rt scores and comparing them to phase 3 and other mcu phases.
    The strongest area/part of phase 4 on average by the way is the shows,not the phase 4 movies looking at scores from critics and audiences.

Anyway here is list of phase 4 mcu movies and shows so far that have come out and there RT SCORES and it's not over yet.
    Keep in mind the audience scores for the movies are verified these days.

Movies
    DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS 74% Average Rating: 4.3/5
    AUDIENCE SCORE 85% Average Rating: 4.3/5
    Cinemascore B+

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER 64% 6.40 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 77% 4 out of 5 average rating
    Cinemascore B+
    Series
    MOON KNIGHT 87%
    7.65/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 91%
    4.6/5 Avg rating

MS. MARVEL 98%
    8.20/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 81%
    4.2/5 Avg rating
    Note- ms.marvel's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been higher.The ms.marvel's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out but still has great reviews from the audience.

I AM GROOT 87%
    7.70/10 Avg rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 76%
    3.9 out of 5 average rating

SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW 87%
    AUDIENCE SCORE 36%
    Avg rating 2.3/5
    Note- She hulk's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been much higher.The she hulk's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out.

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT 92%
    4.6 out of 5 average rating
    7.80 out of 10 average rating
    AUDIENCE SCORE 94%
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 12:27 PM.