Page 1342 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 34284212421292133213381339134013411342134313441345134613521392 ... LastLast
Results 20,116 to 20,130 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They weren't using RT to prove something was good to them personally. The point was a out the quality dropping and mace was showing the MCU is getting the same scores it always has. So while you, personally, may not like it that doesn't apply to the general audience.
    Dude. Did you read my post? The whole point of what I wrote is that RT is becoming less and less indicative of what general audiences actually think of a project. That’s become pretty obvious in the last few years as you’ll see media with glowing RT scores get torn to shreds by people who actually, ya know, WATCHED said media. Or at the very least, the RT scores are no longer reflective of the actual word of mouth around numerous projects.

The point is: watch things and make up your own mind.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 10-19-2022 at 03:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Agree, but I also didn't want to wait another ten to twenty years to see the JSA onscreen in a significant way. I always want the movies to be good, and was hoping NOW was when they would start being good.
    But probably still going to see Black Adam as I am willing to give it a look.
    Yeah, I hear you. It's hard for me to wait for them as well. So I'm conflicted about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah. He apparently has also shot a cameo for Flash, meaning he will be part of the new shared universe going forward. Zaslav and De Luca are seemingly the ones interested in using him, Hamada wanted to move away from Cavill, hence Hamada’s departure allowing Cavill to return.

They’ll keep him and use him for cameos if nothing else. Not much point recasting a new Superman for a shared universe that might not have much life in it. But I do expect regardless of how Black Adam performs that the next solo Superman movie will star Cavill. All depends on if he can get talent he’s worked with before like Vaughn or MacQuarrie to come make the movie with him.
    Sure, Cavill has cameos, but The Flash is apparently the last one on his contract. I feel that Black Adam will be a litmus test on whether there's an appetite for more of Cavill's Superman. They moved mountains to get him into Black Adam in the hopes of increasing box office. If that doesn't work, why continue with Cavill as Superman? At this point, that's all they're selling Black Adam on-a 5 second cameo. Let's be honest, he's not the world's greatest actor, nor is he the best Superman currently standing in front of a camera. I feel like he's over it, and general audiences weren't wild about him in the role, either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    DC suffers somewhat from coming after all the Marvel films. A lot of the mainstream audience has a tremendous allegiance to the MCU. It’s beyond just good or bad movies. Some have a connection to those films and everything that’s not Marvel is B level. I think part one of it is social Media. People discuss those films daily on twitter. I just know I have friends who are so invested in Marvel that nothing DC does will matter. These people never read comics either.
    I've always liked the DC characters more than the Marvel ones, (with individual exceptions like Cap), but then the movies came out, and Marvel made me like character I'd never given a chance before. the DC movies made me dislike characters I'd liked before....at least those versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Dude. Did you read my post? The whole point of what I wrote is that RT is becoming less and less indicative of what general audiences actually think of a project. That’s become pretty obvious in the last few years as you’ll see media with glowing RT scores get torn to shreds by people who actually, ya know, WATCHED said media. Or at the very least, the RT scores are no longer reflective of the actual word of mouth around numerous projects.

The point is: watch things and make up your own mind.
    I would say RT is a useful tool to determine if a film might be worth your money, but when people start saying "It represents the public's view on a movie," that's pretty bad.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Sure, Cavill has cameos, but The Flash is apparently the last one on his contract. I feel that Black Adam will be a litmus test on whether there's an appetite for more of Cavill's Superman. They moved mountains to get him into Black Adam in the hopes of increasing box office. If that doesn't work, why continue with Cavill as Superman? At this point, that's all they're selling Black Adam on-a 5 second cameo. Let's be honest, he's not the world's greatest actor, nor is he the best Superman currently standing in front of a camera. I feel like he's over it, and general audiences weren't wild about him in the role, either.
    People not showing up at Black Adam is a litmus test on Cavill Superman? That’s ridiculous, there’s not a single character out there where people are going to go to a bad movie just for a 10 second cameo. General audience doesn’t even know he’s in the movie yet! Besides if he’s in Flash, that means he’s sticking around lol, I don’t even like Cavill in the role but trying to make a judgement about him because of a cameo is nuts. We’ll see what happens but current events seem to favor him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wasn't talking about the Snyder Cut (although she couldn't beat him in a direct fight in either version)
    Yeah, she is pathetic in both versions.

but it's still far from her worst showings in my opinion.
    Yeah, but just because that is an extremely low bar with Wonder Woman, thanks to writers like Matt Wagner, Christopher Priest, and Tom Taylor running around, and not just Superman but also Batman existing. If we truly set the bar this crazy low:

she might never again reach her worst showings, but that makes perfomances like this not any less pathetic:

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    People seem to be forgetting that ww was not trying to kill clark..She freakin cutoff doomsday's arm. I would wager clark would be cut in two if the sword was in play if not seriously injured...
    How is a Wonder Woman who is far too slow and weak to even with back-up properly fight Superman, going to do anything with her sword?

And here I thought the character was critique on the male dick measuring contest...Also flash is a rookie.
    What character is critique on what, and how is Flash being a rookie affecting the in the DCEU extremely experienced Wonder Woman, going by the experience the roles in that fight should have been reversed if anything?

That being said,I would have no problem if clark gets beat by ww or get's outshown in one of the future outings in particular areas of combat.That would easily show why clark beat her and jl.
    How would Superman getting beat by Wonder Woman on her own in a future film easily show why Superman has trashed the entire Justice League including Wonder Woman before?

Extraordinary Member

Folks who are saying phase 4 is not as good as past phases are a loud minority(on the internet for example) and what they say do not match up with what the scores are on rt for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    They weren't using RT to prove something was good to them personally. The point was a out the quality dropping and mace was showing the MCU is getting the same scores it always has. So while you, personally, may not like it that doesn't apply to the general audience.
    True.
    You got what i was saying.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 06:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

As an aside: I don't know where you got that 4.3 out of 5 rating for Dr. Strange, but that's not accurate. Again, the rating is actually around 3 out of 5.
    Check again.
    It's 4.3 out of 5 average rating.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doc...rse_of_madness

Note- She hulk's AUDIENCE rt scores/ratings was reviewed bomb and the audience score would have been much higher.The she hulk's AUDIENCE ratings was reviewed bomb before the show even came out and there is proof of that.
    Once something is reviewed bomb,it's even more less legitimate or not legitimate.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    DC suffers somewhat from coming after all the Marvel films. A lot of the mainstream audience has a tremendous allegiance to the MCU. It’s beyond just good or bad movies. Some have a connection to those films and everything that’s not Marvel is B level. I think part one of it is social Media. People discuss those films daily on twitter. I just know I have friends who are so invested in Marvel that nothing DC does will matter. These people never read comics either.
    This film didn't help unsway that opinion.

Rolling stones review title is getting talked about--

Black Adam’: Dwayne Johnson Enters the DCEU. You Run for the Exits
    Ouch!

Deadline now expecting a $135m ww opening

We’re expecting an offshore start in the vicinity of $65M-$75M. This puts the DC title’s worldwide opening between $125M-$135M+.
    https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-a...de-1235148749/

Others have it as $60m or a little under. We will find out this weekend.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Check again.
    It's 4.3 out of 5 average rating.
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doc...rse_of_madness
    Uh, I did "check again." Please see the attached screenshot taken directly from the site.

6.5/10 equals 3.25/5. So the average rating is indeed around 3 out of 5. Like, there's no arguing that point. You're just factually wrong.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.59.04 PM.jpg

Furthermore, people tend to dismiss bad reception as "review bombing" when in reality, it might just be the case that the product was not well-received. If people leave bad reviews of a product, it's generally a sign that they didn't like said product. But some assume that it's impossible people could have not liked She Hulk, so they try to belittle peoples' genuine criticisms as "review-bombing."

I was one of the people who was most hyped for She Hulk, but after watching it and reading some of the audience reviews, I can say that yeah, a lot of the audience scores hit the nail on the head. The show's pacing is atrocious, its lead never grows as a person, there are dangling plot threads that never amount to anything, and it is the epitome of "and then" storytelling.

So, again, it looks like the RT critics are just not in touch with the general audience on this one.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 10-19-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Zach Snyder's Justice League has a 94% audience score, in fact every DCEU film I checked had a positive audience review score, except Suicide Squad and it barely had a negative one. If we're using audience scores to prove popularity among the general population, I'm more than game. According to my findings, that means people who dislike the DCEU are a (vocal) minority and don't really count.

Also...the RT system for television reviews is bad? They have reviews for individual episodes, but they lump them all together for the grand number (for She-Hulk its 73%). The pilot episode has 132 reviews and the last episode...has 26 reviews. If my understanding of this system is correct, of all the reviews for the grand total, 576, that's nearly 23% of the total reviews coming from the pilot episode. Modern pilots are so deceptive and for modern television its usually the final episode that makes or breaks the series. Its a worthless system.

Also...Thor Ragnorok had an RT score of 87%, Thor and Love and Thunder has 63%. Doctor Strange has an RT score of 89%, its sequel 74%...these are clearly declines in the quality of each franchise by the RT metric.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-19-2022 at 08:55 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

And the fan wars over Rotten tomatoes start..People you aren't gonna change each others minds..Those who think or question validity of Rotten tomatoes and those who think it's objective are gonna live in their own worlds...Just let it go.Sheesh!
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-19-2022 at 08:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Uh, I did "check again." Please see the attached screenshot taken directly from the site.

6.5/10 equals 3.25/5. So the average rating is indeed around 3 out of 5. Like, there's no arguing that point. You're just factually wrong.

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 9.59.04 PM.jpg
    DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Average Rating: 4.3/5 was meant for the audience score,so that was my mistake.

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Average Rating is the true score,but still postive.
    6.50 out of 10 average rating

6.50/10 to 7.40 /10- means very good-3 1/2stars

Furthermore, people tend to dismiss bad reception as "review bombing" when in reality, it might just be the case that the product was not well-received. If people leave bad reviews of a product, it's generally a sign that they didn't like said product. But some assume that it's impossible people could have not liked She Hulk, so they try to belittle peoples' genuine criticisms as "review-bombing."

I was one of the people who was most hyped for She Hulk, but after watching it and reading some of the audience reviews, I can say that yeah, a lot of the audience scores hit the nail on the head. The show's pacing is atrocious, its lead never grows as a person, there are dangling plot threads that never amount to anything, and it is the epitome of "and then" storytelling.

So, again, it looks like the RT critics are just not in touch with the general audience on this one.
    For she- hulk i agree with the critics,really good show.

For the audience rt scores score?now it is clear there is a large enough number of viewers who did not like the show,but is it combined with those who clearly had a agenda and review bombed the show.
    That why the score on rt is not legitimate like THE critic score.

Keep in mind another website imdb gave she hulk a 5.1. out of 10
    MEANING 45% to 54% -2 1/2 stars out 5
    MEH or so-so.
    No good,not bad.
    Imdb was reviewed bomb as well.

For she- hulk i agree with the critics,really good show.

These are mcu shows and movies that got reviewed bomb so far
    Captain marvel,black panther,ms.marvel and she-hulk.
    Now clearly black panther and ms marvel scores had to much higher to begin with then she-hulk and captain marvel on rt to still get really high rt scores.
    She -hulk and captain marvel rt scores was not the case.

Batwoman was reviewed bombed too and clearly i don't agree with that non-sense too and that's a dc show i thought was good.
    Review bombing is mixing in more legitimate views of show and movie etc.. with others who have clear agenda about things being woke etc...

Let's be clear what review bombing is.
    Review bomb
    A review bomb is an Internet phenomenon in which a large number of people or a few people with multiple accountspost negative user reviews online in an attempt to harm the sales or popularity of a product, a service, or a business. While a large number of negative reviews may simply be the result of a large number of customers independently criticizing something for poor quality, a review bomb may also be driven by a desire to draw attention to perceived political or cultural issues, perhaps especially if the vendor seems unresponsive or inaccessible to direct feedback.It may be used as a mass-movement-driven coercion tactic, or may simply be a form of trolling.Review bombing is a similar practice to vote brigading.

The practice is most commonly aimed at online media review aggregators, such as Steam, Metacritic, Rotten Tomatoes, or app stores. It may be motivated by unpopular changes to an established franchise, political or cultural controversies related to the product or service, or to the actions of its developers, vendors, or owners. Some owners of aggregate systems have devised means to detect or prevent review bombing.

Origin
    One of the first appearances of the term "review bomb" was in a 2008 Ars Technica article by Ben Kuchera describing the effect in regards to Spore, in which users left negative reviews on Amazon citing the game's perceived lackluster gameplay and digital rights management system.
    Kuchera wrote "Review-bombing Amazon is a particularly nasty way of getting the point across as well; casual gamers who aren't aware of this campaign may not bother to read the content of the reviews and only assume the game isn't very good."

She-Hulk Gets Review Bombed Before Release
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...-critics-fans/

By the way other sites were/are being reviewed bomb as well like RT etc..

The She-Hulk Review Debacle Just Keeps Getting Weirder
    https://www.looper.com/972155/the-sh..._campaign=clip

‘She-Hulk’ Is Getting Review-Bombed Even Harder Than ‘Ms. Marvel’
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...han-ms-marvel/
    Note- now the bombing was more intense then imdb.
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 09:08 PM.