Page 1343 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 34384312431293133313391340134113421343134413451346134713531393 ... LastLast
Results 20,131 to 20,145 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS Average Rating: 4.3/5 was meant for the audience score,so that was my mistake

RT SCORES

Average ratings

For she- hulk i agree with the critics,really good show.

For the audience rt scores score?now it is clear there is a large enough number of viewers who did not like the show,but is iscombined with those who clearlt review bombed the show,that why the score on rt is not legitimate like critic score.

Keep in mind another website imdb gave she hulk a 5.1. out of 10
    MEANING 45% to 54% -2 1/2 stars out 5
    MEH or so-so.
    No good,not bad.
    Imdb was reviewed bomb as well.

For she- hulk i agree with the critics,really good show.

These are mcu shows and movies that got reviewed bomb so far
    Captain marvel,black panther,ms.marvel and she-hulk.
    Now clearly black panther and ms marvel scores had to much higher to begin with then she-hulk and captain marvel on rt to still get really high rt scores.
    She -hulk and captain marvel rt scores was not the case.

Batwoman was reviewed bombed too and clearly i don't agree with that non-sense too and that's a dc show i thought was good.
    Review boming is mixing in more legitimate views of show and movie etc.. with others who have clear agenda about things being woke etc...

Let's be clear what review bombing is.
    Review bomb

Origin
    One of the first appearances of the term "review bomb" was in a 2008 Ars Technica article by Ben Kuchera describing the effect in regards to Spore, in which users left negative reviews on Amazon citing the game's perceived lackluster gameplay and digital rights management system.
    Kuchera wrote "Review-bombing Amazon is a particularly nasty way of getting the point across as well; casual gamers who aren't aware of this campaign may not bother to read the content of the reviews and only assume the game isn't very good."
    I did not ask for a history lesson about review bombing. I know what review bombing is. But here's the thing: you really don't have any concrete evidence to say that that is what happened to She-Hulk. You only have your opinion of what happened, but it's very much equally possible that most people just...didn't like that show. I mean, have you even read most the reviews? It's clear that a lot of them are from people who legitimately watched the show and were just genuinely disappointed and pointing out the flaws. Here's a few:

man... what a let down. I was so hype. Like, I love the weird marvel shows that take on different tones and such, like wandavision, miss marvel, etc. but... fuck, this was just lazy. The fourth wall stuff was cringey, broke any level of immersion that was present, and the ending was obviously just an excuse to save money on CGI. I get the point of not having it end like every other marvel show, but come on, this was horrid. Every plot point in this show feels pointless and unrelated, like they REALLY wanted to say something with this show, but they had no idea what it is they were trying to say, it was just important to hear themselves talk...
    It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible. Occasionally funny, sometimes boring, this show went a bit too far with 4th wall breaking. The main character seemed less like a superhero and more like an ordinary person with superpowers, which I guess was the point of the show. She really didn't focus on helping or saving others, instead focused entirely on her own safety and sense of security and comfort. In addition, there seemed like there was considerable effort injected into the writing of the story to openly mock superhero fiction and fans of superhero fiction. Not sure what the point of that is. If you don't like something, by all means don't participate. If the writers of the show don't care for superhero fiction either, maybe work on a different project? Not interested in a season two if its the same dismissive and arrogant tone. Enduring pretentiousness for a few jokes not worth it.
    1st Episode was okay. Last Episode was okay. Everything else was a hot mess. Definitely made for a specific audience, and was not intended for a broader audience. Aspects of the show did follow source material, but it's own self awareness was not done well. The last episode really spelled it out for all fans. They(Marvel) is just using she Hulk. I don't think they really care about making her a well rounded character. Elsa Bloodstone had more development in Werewolf by Night. That movie was a great example of taking liberty with the story, but making it palatable for all audiences too. I'm a She-Hulk fan, and I'm hoping they find a new director. They had a great chance to make a great law show. They could have expanded on the development of what happens to the people effected by Superhero's. Instead we got some slap happy brain dead dribble. Watching this show will not benefit you at all strongly suggest staying away.
    Also, you do realize you're talking out of both sides here. Why is it that the audience reviews are somehow 100% legitimate for Dr. Strange, yet for She-Hulk, they are most definitely not legitimate? Because the ones for She-Hulk just happen to be less than ideal? Oh okay, talk about double standard.

Extraordinary Member

I don't agree with this either and it's wrong.
    Black Adam Review Bombing Campaign Promoted by SnyderVerse Fans

Here is some talk about the review bombing and what was going on.
    Marvel's She-Hulk Fails to Keep up with Top MCU Series in Views
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oC4RYTqlcQ

She-Hulk Director Defends Season 1 Plot & Direction after Backlash & Downvotes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqrfFYmYaAY

Marvel Studios Slams M-She-U Controversy & Attacks against Female Superheroes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ-4TNIAmY
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 09:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I did not ask for a history lesson about review bombing. I know what review bombing is. But here's the thing: you really don't have any concrete evidence to say that that is what happened to She-Hulk. You only have your opinion of what happened, but it's very much equally possible that most people just...didn't like that show. I mean, have you even read most the reviews? It's clear that a lot of them are from people who legitimately watched the show and were just genuinely disappointed and pointing out the flaws. Here's a few:
    You need the history lesson because it was happening and there was proof from rt, imdb and other websites.

I clearly said by the way she-hulk's would not have been rotten if the real score was much higher.

Mostly likely the scores were not in THE 80's or 90's but it would not be that low if review bombing did not not happen.
    Would it still be postive? who knows but it would not be as low as it is now.

Also, you do realize you're talking out of both sides here. Why is it that the audience reviews are somehow 100% legitimate for Dr. Strange, yet for She-Hulk, they are most definitely not legitimate? Because the ones for She-Hulk just happen to be less than ideal? Oh okay, talk about double standard.
    Doctor strange 2 audience scores are verified.
    She hulk's audience scores are not verified because they did not make changes for show like the movies a few years ago.
    This change because of what happen to captain marvel and black panther.
    Even if she-hulk rt scores were not reviewed bombed they are not verified like movies,so it would be less legitimate.

OMB Reviews quote-
    Lol you are using cinemascore and rotten tomatoes as reliable sources.

Martin Winter quote-
    @OMB Reviews yes, if you dont know how this works.
    1. Cinemascores askes moviegoers that come out directly out of the cinema (so that are real reviews.
    2. After the review bomb of Captain Marvel Rotten Tomatoes allows only review if you show the ticket of the movie.
    So no fake reviews there.
    That's why it is reliable LOL

Elijah Russell quote-
    @Martin Winter the funny thing is, they use the RT score when it's convenient, "hey look at how the audience hate this and the critics liked it, look at how the audience loved this and the critics hated it"!

Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 09:35 PM.

I haven't been this interested in Hawkman since the old Super friends cartoon. What they've done with his powers and the Nth medal is very appealing.

At the very least I want to know more about him. Because in recent years I've just viewed him as a poor mans Conan with wings.

And Dr. Fate looks awesome too
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Yeah, she is pathetic in both versions.

Yeah, but just because that is an extremely low bar with Wonder Woman, thanks to writers like Matt Wagner, Christopher Priest, and Tom Taylor running around, and not just Superman but also Batman existing. If we truly set the bar this crazy low:

she might never again reach her worst showings, but that makes perfomances like this not any less pathetic:

How is a Wonder Woman who is far too slow and weak to even with back-up properly fight Superman, going to do anything with her sword?

What character is critique on what, and how is Flash being a rookie affecting the in the DCEU extremely experienced Wonder Woman, going by the experience the roles in that fight should have been reversed if anything?

How would Superman getting beat by Wonder Woman on her own in a future film easily show why Superman has trashed the entire Justice League including Wonder Woman before?
    Watching that comparison video; I just don't see what was so great about Snyder's version. It had unnecessary moments, was darker, and confirmed the Snyder-fanatics are simply that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    You need the history lesson because it was happening and there was proof from rt, imdb and other websites.
    Lol, dude, you CANNOT be serious. The "sources" you cite just make vague reference to the preconceptions and resistance that some fans had going in. They do not specifically cite any evidence of review tampering or sabotage of the scores on review sites.

In fact the second video makes reference to backlash from fans over the PLOT of the show. That's not "review-bombing." That is just critique and debate over the substance of a TV show. You know, the thing that most people are allowed to do. You should maybe know the difference.

Doctor strange 2 audience scores are verified.
    She hulk's audience scores are not verified because they did not make changes for show like the movies a few years ago.
    This change because of what happen to captain marvel and black panther.
    Even if she-hulk rt scores were not reviewed bombed they are not verified like movies,so it would be less legitimate.
    Oh, then they are most definitely lying. God knows that only verified Rotten Tomatoes users actually watch and form opinions on movies and TV shows.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 10-19-2022 at 10:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Watching that comparison video; I just don't see what was so great about Snyder's version. It had unnecessary moments, was darker, and confirmed the Snyder-fanatics are simply that.
    Most people like it more because it added much needed context, gave characters attention who didn't receive it in the previous version, abandoned the cringe-inducing humor from Joss's version, and actually had well-choreographed action sequences.

Robert Meyer Burnett says Henry Cavill’s refusal to cameo at the end of Shazam enraged former WB chairman Tobey Emmerich to the point that he had Cavill banned from ever appearing in another WB movie. That’s the main reason why Superman projects have stalled over the last few years.

Emmerich’s firing earlier this year is what paved the way for Cavill’s return.
    Last edited by Serpico Jones; 10-19-2022 at 11:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Lol, dude, you CANNOT be serious. The "sources" you cite just make vague reference to the preconceptions and resistance that some fans had going in. They do not specifically cite any evidence of review tampering or sabotage of the scores on review sites.

In fact the second video makes reference to backlash from fans over the PLOT of the show. That's not "review-bombing." That is just critique and debate over the substance of a TV show. You know, the thing that most people are allowed to do. You should maybe know the difference.

Oh, then they are most definitely lying. God knows that only verified Rotten Tomatoes users actually watch and form opinions on movies and TV shows.

There is proof of review bombing you keep ignoring on rt,imdb and others.
    Audience scores were shown for shows and movies that the public has not seen yet.
    This was happening with she- hulk,ms marvel,captain marvel and others.

A Change for Rotten Tomatoes Ahead of Captain Marvel

The review-aggregating site has stopped allowing users to rate unreleased movies. Will the decision be enough to stem bad-faith attacks on certain films?

Captain Marvel hasn’t hit theaters, yet it garnered a dismal audience score of 54 percent—far below the totals for other recent Marvel movies. The poor grade is the result of “review bombing,” a practice that’s also widespread in the highly charged world of video gaming. Different groups organize campaigns to drag down the audience rating for a film (or a game) in response to a particular controversy, sometimes for sexist or racist reasons. Many culture writers noted that Captain Marvel, in particular, was likely being targeted for featuring a female hero. It’s become common to see online backlashes to female-led blockbusters—most notoriously with the 2016 iteration of Ghostbusters, but also with films such as Ocean’s 8 and even projects that never exited development. In the case of Captain Marvel, many online commenters seemed upset by Larson’s forthright remarks in interviews about how she hopes to increase diversity in the blockbuster world.
    The Rotten Tomatoes change makes perfect sense, but it likely won’t quash review-bombing campaigns, which can simply move to other online platforms such as YouTube, Reddit, and Twitter—at least until a movie is released. Then, site users, including those who haven’t seen a film, will be able to rate and comment as usual. After all, the site doesn’t require proof that users actually saw the movie in question, though perhaps it should. It could easily ask people to “check in” online when seeing a movie, or upload a ticket stub afterward as proof of viewing before commenting. That would confer more legitimacy on the site’s overall audience rating, making it similar to the surveys conducted by CinemaScore. (Rotten Tomatoes has said it plans to eventually roll out “verified reviews from ticket purchasers.”)

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...trolls/584032/

Rotten Tomatoes is changing audience review capabilities to tackle review bombing

Rotten Tomatoes’ editors specifically wrote that putting “significant roadblocks in front of bad actors who would seek to manipulate the audience score” is a big reason for instituting the changes. The company has dealt with trolls using “review bomb” tactics to purposely target certain movies — thousands of people flocked to Rotten Tomatoes to negatively review films like Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Black Panther because of the directors’ implicit or explicit critique of subjects like racism and sexism.
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/23/1...captain-marvel
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Robert Meyer Burnett says Henry Cavill’s refusal to cameo at the end of Shazam enraged former WB chairman Tobey Emmerich to the point that he had Cavill banned from ever appearing in another WB movie. That’s the main reason why Superman projects have stalled over the last few years.

Emmerich’s firing earlier this year is what has paved the way for Cavill’s return.
    I don't know, then maybe make an offer that Cavil would be interested in instead of getting mad like a child?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Should they change this thread name to "Rotten tomatoes valid or not?"
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

The black adam vid i posted is just an example of what may happen but has not happen yet.

Geting back to this real quick.
    Just because certain fans do not agree with plot,message etc..of s show or movie or changes,does not give someone the right to review bomb a show/movie,video game or say is bad.
    For a show or movie it could be well written but just because someone did not like the direction does not mean something is bad.

I remember when man of steel came out and some folks were making stuff about the film saying it was a bad film because they did not like how it wad written,to much action etc.. and i disagree with that.
    Not liking something does not mean it's bad,but i guess to some it does and that's not how you judge something.

How movie sites are dealing with review-bombing trolls
    Last week, review site Rotten Tomatoes disabled a couple of long-standing features to fight a new kind of internet culture war. In advance of Captain Marvel’s release, it stopped letting users leave comments before a movie launches, and it removed a badge showing the percentage of people who indicated they wanted to see the film. “Unfortunately,” a staff blog post said, “we have seen an uptick in non-constructive input, sometimes bordering on trolling.”
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/7/18...oes-letterboxd

Here is some talk about rings of power.
    'Rings Of Power' Is Getting Review Bombed So Hard Amazon Suspended Reviews Entirely
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas...iews-entirely/

DiscussionAnyone else worried about review bombing?
    If the show turns out poorly with bad writing, acting and directing then criticisms are fine (I’d be one of the people criticising the show)
    But I’m expecting massive review bombing even if the show is absolutely incredible, which I don’t think is fair. There is already a group of fans hating on the show before it has even aired and I’m worried that those people will give it 1 star on IMDb and review bomb it on rotten tomatoes etc just because some characters don’t have beards or long hair

UpstairsAdept126 quote-
    Bear in mind that the average internet hater isn’t representative of the general public. Most people who enjoy shows aren’t following subreddits, watching YouTube videos and scrolling through Instagram. There is a silent majority here that is definitely excited
    Lol just remembered this. My friend has two turkeys named Gandalf and Galadriel and I mentioned the show to him the other day and they didn’t even know it existed
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LOTR_on_Pri...eview_bombing/

Rotten Tomatoes Wants You to Stop Review Bombing Movies
    Rotten Tomatoes is making changes to prevent people from review bombing movies. Especially movies that haven't been released yet.
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/rotten...ombing-movies/

Audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes are easily manipulated. That’s about to change.
    https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/5/2...review-bombing
    Last edited by mace11; 10-19-2022 at 11:57 PM.

The rotten tomatoes argument does not require this much time and patience from anyone. Yes, it’s probably gonna be review bombed by Snyder fans, yes She Hulk was review bombed by people who disliked the show based on the trailers - for both projects there will also be authentic negative reviews on there. It’s not worth it lmao.

After gvk and a few others they changed the audience reviews on rt to they have to confirm having watched the film in theatres. Harder to review bomb movies on rt now.

Most see cinemascore as the best however as it's people who just came out of watching the films in theatres reviews.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I don't see this movie getting more than b+.. that's at best.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"