Page 1345 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 34584512451295133513411342134313441345134613471348134913551395 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,175 of 20948
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ww is a demi god..She's half amazonian.Ww old god powers are restricted.The best we have seen is her going up against hades with it.cap,black adam..etc get their powers from the gods with no holds barred everytime they say magic word.
    I am not saying ww can't tap into those powers nor this being permanent.It might be an arc for future.For now,these guys are above her..yes that includes green lanterns.

Haha no. Just, no. So sad that's the impression of WW people get from the DCEU. Bullshit Zeus baby daddy demigod nonsense. But even going with your example, you know what the Z in Shazam stands for? Zeus. How is Billy stronger than Diana if he gets 1/6th of his powers from Zeus, but Diana, presumably, get's 1/2? That math aint mathing. I guess we'll see how this power ranking goes in Shazam 2 since WW and other Greek goddesses are in it.

Regardless, she's been crippled by the Zeus origin and I hope it goes the way of the dodo after The Flash's reset or whatever.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Haha no. Just, no. So sad that's the impression of WW people get from the DCEU. Bullshit Zeus baby daddy demigod nonsense. But even going with your example, you know what the Z in Shazam stands for? Zeus. How is Billy stronger than Diana if he gets 1/6th of his powers from Zeus, but Diana, presumably, get's 1/2? That math aint mathing. I guess we'll see how this power ranking goes in Shazam 2 since WW and other Greek goddesses are in it.

Regardless, she's been crippled by the Zeus origin and I hope it goes the way of the dodo after The Flash's reset or whatever.
    That's not how it works.The wizard took the essence from all gods to create a God with powers of a particular pantheon.in cap's case,it's greek.
    I am no fan of zeus origin.I like the clay origin myself.But, people jumping at me won't change what's been shown.This is just what i get.It can be wrong.Also,ww has just been around for long time and is more skilled.Hades called her god killer.So make of that what you will.

granted this is all just powerlevel mumbo jumbo.Movie makers won't care..Mcu movies don't follow any of it .I suspect dcu will be the same.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Shazam ain't stronger then Wonder Woman.

At one point he was. He was a true peer of Superman, even arguably stronger till DC just kept lessening the character over the decades.

Now Black Adam. He looks stronger then Wonder Woman
    The J-man

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Yes,very sexist.

Ww is a demi god..She's half amazonian.Ww old god powers are restricted.The best we have seen is her going up against hades with it.cap,black adam..etc get their powers from the gods with no holds barred everytime they say magic word.

I am not saying ww can't tap into those powers nor this being permanent.It might be an arc for future.we will see..For now,these guys are above her..yes that includes green lanterns.
    DCEU shazam has no feats above her so far so no he is not. And until we see ba acually beating Superman in combat. He is not on par let alone above him.

And of course that portraying WW below these characters is sexist. She is powered up by Gods just like them. Yet she is weaker? Sexism ineed.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Not really. In this iteration, WW is a child of Zeus and Hippolyta, and is only gifted by the blessing of Hermes. Both Shazam and Black Adam were gifted directly from their elders, so their abilities is derived by cloned traits, not by biology. Still, I will say that WW's powers have been inconsistent, and that she was more powerful in her previous iteration, when she was gifted by the goddess. In fact, WW's strength was originally derived from Demeter, which made her STRONGER than Shazam. Go figure.
    Current comic WW has poweres from all the Gods that gave her powers in Post Crisis on top of being a Child of Zeus. Go read Rebirth WW run by Ruka, issues 6, 9, 10, 27 and 30 for example. So no, she doesn't have less Godly powers than shazam or black adam. Who she held her own against already in the comics of current DC canon.

That's not how it works.The wizard took the essence from all gods to create a God with powers of a particular pantheon.in cap's case,it's greek.
    I am no fan of zeus origin.I like the clay origin myself.But, people jumping at me won't change what's been shown.This is just what i get.It can be wrong.Also,ww has just been around for long time and is more skilled.Hades called her god killer.So make of that what you will.

granted this is all just powerlevel mumbo jumbo.Movie makers won't care..Mcu movies don't follow any of it .I suspect dcu will be the same.
    What has been shown is that shazam has no feats that make him stronger than WW. Both in the comics and in the movies so far. But sure it is possible that she will be an ant next to shazam and ba just like she was an ant next to sm in the jl, both versions. WW is usually treated like garbage so npthing new there. But as far as power source and all. There is no reason why she should be weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

At one point he was. He was a true peer of Superman, even arguably stronger till DC just kept lessening the character over the decades.

And why should WW be weaker than other characters with Godly powers, when they share a similar power source?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    She couldn't take more than 2 hits. And sure she could kill him with a magic sword. Cause her powers own their own suck. What a great portrayal. And she did nothing to steppen without gear and help. She could barely do anything. While superman stomped oin everybody. Can we please stop making excuses? WW has been pathetically weak for a while now. Both comics and movies.
    Put that sword in most other people's hands and they can't get the job done. But I know this topic is essentially your reason for being as a poster so I'm not going to commit to a debate here.

DCEU shazam has no feats above her so far so no he is not. And until we see ba acually beating Superman in combat. He is not on par let alone above him.

And of course that portraying WW below these characters is sexist. She is powered up by Gods just like them. Yet she is weaker? Sexism ineed.
    That's true..She has more feats(as i said cut of doomsday's arm which was durable enough to tank nukes).Also,would like to add that she uses the weapons she has.Her becoming the weapon might be where we are headed.

Btw,cap wasn't meant to be lesser than ww in the first place.Nor was superman.They were part of their own worlds.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-20-2022 at 11:01 AM.

That's true..She has more feats(as i said cut of doomsday's arm which was durable enough to tank nukes).Also,would like to add that she uses the weapons she has.Her becoming the weapon might be where we are headed.
    Please. WW has beeen pathetically weak for a while now. She is a glorified super human that can't do ### without gear. So much for having Godly powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Put that sword in most other people's hands and they can't get the job done. But I know this topic is essentially your reason for being as a poster so I'm not going to commit to a debate here.
    Most characters with decent super human strength could do that. Aquaman, Superman, Shazam, Faora, Zod, Black Adam etc. You think they couldn't do the same? Her own feats are anything but impressive. Speed?, durability?, striking force? She has no great feats in any category. And this is a fact.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Diana was holding back against Superman and could feasibly slice him in half if she wanted to. She did only hold her own with Steppenwolf one on one, but Superman also had a power boost from the sun with his black suit.
    How was Wonder Woman holding back as she looked like frozen, while Flash and Superman were fighting?

I generally think this superman is meant to be darkseid level in terms of power.Green lanterns and kryptonians being here kept away the apocalptians.
    Oh great, so Wonder Woman is in the DCEU not just pathetic in comparison to Superman, but she is also pathetic in comparison to a whole alien race, and another group of fancy alien ring owners, and Ego trip Adam, and an experienced Flash?

So...But,he sucks at hand to hand,combat..etc.He can also be blindsided.Bruce did it with kryptonite.
    Hand to hand skills mean absolutely nothing if the martial artist looks like frozen to the non martial artist, and Wonder Woman is apparently not even bullet proof, and i am pretty sure bullets are a lot more common than kryptonite in the DCEU.

WW has power of the old gods.But that's her peak.Superman is 24x7 at that level.Ofcourse,shazam and black adam does as well.So who knows it's a toss up.
    What does the more than 100 years old Wonder Woman need to do to reach her peak and why is the much younger and almost untrained alien farmboy 24/7 at that level, and what is the toss up, if Superman and Black Adam use their full power to squash Wonder Woman and so far Shazam like insects or if they don't and have an actual fight with them maybe?

Yes,very sexist.
    The only relevant actual female superhero in the DCEU and Justice League being pathetic trash sounds quite sexist to me, especially if there are relative similarly powered male superheroes who are stronger, and considering that female superhero got in the 1940s specifically created as a female answer to Superman, and it is just crazy how WB still fails hard at that in their movies from the 2010s to 2020s.

Do you even understand that this in the comics luckily half-retconned origin is a part of the problem?

I am not saying ww can't tap into those powers nor this being permanent.It might be an arc for future.we will see..For now,these guys are above her..yes that includes green lanterns.
    Which is as crazy as that sounds just 1 among countless of reasons why the cursed DCEU sucks so hard.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 10-20-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Please. WW has beeen pathetically weak for a while now. She is a glorified super human that can't do ### without gear. So much for having Godly powers.
    Jeez! Passive agressive nonsense.Tell you what ww beats up galactus and then gets declared queen of england..

Jeez! Passive agressive nonsense.Tell you what ww beats up galactus and then gets declared queen of england..
    So i am agressive for saying that her power performances are bad? Why am i being called out for this? You have other people in this thread that feel the same way about DCEU WW. Is it against the rules to call a character áthetically weak if i find her performances in all her movie appearances to be underwhelming?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Not really. In this iteration, WW is a child of Zeus and Hippolyta, and is only gifted by the blessing of Hermes.
    About which iteration are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Dwayne the Rock Johnson's ego trip might change that soon in the DCEU.

At one point he was.
    When was this point?

He was a true peer of Superman
    You mean just like Wonder Woman?

DC just kept lessening the character over the decades.
    You mean just like Wonder Woman?

The Rock's ego is just too strong i guess.