Page 1351 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3518511251130113411347134813491350135113521353135413551361 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,265 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So The Wizard is actually in it?
    end of spoilers
    Yes albeit briefly in a couple flashbacks.

[SPOILERS]Cavill's scene is a few seconds long. If your sole reason for going to see BA is for Superman, you'd basically get his entire scene from the snippet that'd be in the trailer.[/SPOILERS]
    Last edited by Holt; 10-21-2022 at 07:33 PM.

They are showing the post scene in the ads now so not really a spoiler anymore when dc is showing it in marketing. Also, the scene is on youtube for free if that's all you want to see.

Jurassic World Dominion got worse reviews and was still pretty much critic proof. If audiences want more dumb fun, Black Adam has nothing to worry about.
    You can't really compare them two. Jurassic park is a huge billion Francise started by steven Spielberg loved for generations and loved book. Black adam stars a "is he a hero or bad guy" non comic fans don't even know lead "hero" that's a spin-off of shazam a film that did "ok" at the box office.

If people enjoy it in a "chuck norris mindless action" like way, it could do well still like the fatf films do. Film has an 88 audience score (went down from 92) so it has people who enjoyed it.

Edit--$14m overseas so far for black adam. (Ironic that's under shazams $15.7m. Shazam gets the last laugh!)

https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-a...al-1235151920/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 10-21-2022 at 02:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    So The Wizard is actually in it?
    end of spoilers
    Yes. Though very rushed instead of being fleshed out like it should've been

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    It was good. Not great but good. Some people just think it’s cool to crap on things. It’s not JL or Suicide squad bad or even Venom or Morbius bad and it’s not Civil War or Wonder Woman good.
    Yeah, which is what I was expecting for the most part. The Rock doing his "badass antihero" shtick in a dumb action movie. I love Hawkman and the JSA, so that's really all I'm there for, to see them do cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, which is what I was expecting for the most part. The Rock doing his "badass antihero" shtick in a dumb action movie. I love Hawkman and the JSA, so that's really all I'm there for, to see them do cool stuff.
    Hawkman and Fate carry a lot of scenes so those two actors have it nailed. The Rock was said to be emotionless by a lot of the reviewers but THAT IS WHO BLACK ADAM IS. He is either no emotion or Furious as hell! I think Rock had the essence, but just seemed off somehow.

Hawkman and Fate carry a lot of scenes so those two actors have it nailed. The Rock was said to be emotionless by a lot of the reviewers but THAT IS WHO BLACK ADAM IS. He is either no emotion or Furious as hell! I think Rock had the essence, but just seemed off somehow.
    Does seem like Johnson's standard screen persona isn't geared for being emotionless; maybe that had something to do with it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I've heard they're one of the main highlights of the movie, which is great news. I think Brosnan is pretty awesome casting for Kent and Aldis Hodge looks like he nails that kind of stern, authoritive, experienced vibe that's perfect for Hawkman.

I definitely am not feeling the Rock as the main character, but I'm going in with an open mind. There are so many movies that have gotten bad reviews that I ended up loving.

Does seem like Johnson's standard screen persona isn't geared for being emotionless; maybe that had something to do with it?
    He was pretty good in moana to me.

It was good. Not great but good. Some people just think it’s cool to crap on things. It’s not JL or Suicide squad bad or even Venom or Morbius bad and it’s not Civil War or Wonder Woman good.
    A friend of mine, whose opinion I trust, said he enjoyed it. He said it was just a big superhero popcorn flick. Not amazing but it’s fun.

So I’ll probably check it out in theaters.

Critics are foaming at mouth with hate for this flick. It’s getting ridiculous. Here are some actual headlines:

“Black Adam' is a chaotic mess“ - GMA

“Black Adam is Warner Bros.’ most brutal superhero letdown yet“ - The Verge

“The Rock fails in ‘Black Adam’ — possibly the worst movie ever“ -Datebook

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A friend of mine, whose opinion I trust, said he enjoyed it. He said it was just a big superhero popcorn flick. Not amazing but it’s fun.

Critics are foaming at mouth with hate for this flick. It’s getting ridiculous. Here are some actual headlines:

I wonder if it's because it's that bad or because there's a critic hate boner for any DC movies.

I mean, it's probably not the latter and there probably are legitimate critiques, yet at the same time...

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Kinda reminds me of the whole media circus with the Joker movie with reviewers claiming it would cause people to commit acts of violence

Bizarre stuff, Hell more violence happened during Frozen II than ever because of Joker

When the Israelites were wondering the Arabian Desert for 40 years, the Bible records God sustaining the them with substance called manna. Theologians, historians, and naturalists have pondered for centuries what this manna was and in vain, failed to reach a concise answer. After tonight, I believe I know what manna was; a 3,000 year preview of Black Adam starring Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson that sustained the Israelites in their exile. Only this film, packed with left-wing anti-imperialist messaging, a legendary hero, a great supporting cast and an awesome villain could sustain the minds of the early Jews long enough for them to reach the Promised Land.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A Chaotic mess is true and far from foaming at the mouth to badmouth.

Worst movie ever? Yeah thats far from the truth

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It dropped to the 80s and may drop more or rise as the day goes on.
    It's 88 percent or so..Not much of a fall.Also the hook for the movie is start of a cohesive direction,with a future payoff and world building towards creating dc universe.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-21-2022 at 07:56 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"