Page 1355 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3558551255130513451351135213531354135513561357135813591365 ... LastLast
Results 20,311 to 20,325 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I can't find it..i searched it my history.. It's just taking too much time and too long to sort through.

Hmm..this is exactly why i hate superman going to kahndaq..It would definitely feel like darkknight returns.
    Oh HiTop the guy who really hates Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think it was worth acknowledging what Wonder Woman's been doing since World War I...even if it had to be kept secret for the sake of continuity. But WW84 does feel too isolated and cut off, not just from the wider DCEU, but even her own corner of the world. Why not introduce the Bana-Mighdall? Or Nubia? Or a young Donna Troy? Or at least lay the groundwork so they can be brought into a third movie?
    Patty never really agreed with Snyders take on the character so she did her best to ignore what was set up in BvS. But we also have to remember that she wanted a spin off film that would tie into WW3 that would focus on the Amazons but she wasnt given that.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

So what's happening with Flash is it still on schedule?
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    Which is fine, but it's jarring to think the DCEU is just now getting back on track when its 10th anniversary is next year.
    That's f-ing crazy. Rememer when the MCU had their 10 year? And this is the DCEU's?

I don't understand how WB can fumble a ball this hard.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    That's f-ing crazy. Rememer when the MCU had their 10 year? And this is the DCEU's?

A couple of company sales and restructures will do that without strong leadership.

The Flash is DCEU 10 year anniversary and it features the entire JL plus it’s getting the best test screening scores for a DC film since TDK (scores in the 80’s which is a rarity). All signs point to the Flash being a winner, it’s a shame Ezra had to act up but whatever, the character is the draw not the actor (he’ll be recast). I expect the Flash to be DC’s biggest film at the box office of all time, beating Aquaman.

After that we have Blue Beetle, Aquaman 2, and Wonder Woman 3 as guarantees. No idea what’s after. Maybe Shazam 3, Black Adam 2 and Superman/Supergirl film? Something JSA related? Who knows. I wonder if Constantine 2 is in the DCEU or standalone?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The Flash is DCEU 10 year anniversary and it features the entire JL plus it’s getting the best test screening scores for a DC film since TDK (scores in the 80’s which is a rarity). All signs point to the Flash being a winner, it’s a shame Ezra had to act up but whatever, the character is the draw not the actor (he’ll be recast). I expect the Flash to be DC’s biggest film at the box office of all time, beating Aquaman.

After that we have Blue Beetle, Aquaman 2, and Wonder Woman 3 as guarantees. No idea what’s after. Maybe Shazam 3, Black Adam 2 and Superman/Supergirl film? Something JSA related? Who knows. I wonder if Constantine 2 is in the DCEU or standalone?
    The thing is, after 9 years, they should have significantly more hits under their belt than misses. At 10 years they shouldn't be finally hitting their stride.

And I say this as someone who loves DC Comics and their characters.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

It's perfectly fine to love DC and think the studio that owns them and adapts their properties to screen is comprised of incompetent fools.

The thing is, after 9 years, they should have significantly more hits under their belt than misses. At 10 years they shouldn't be finally hitting their stride.

Bold of you to assume DC is hitting it's stride even now.

I know the audience test scores for Flash (Blue Beetle too, apparently) are supposed to be high, but I don't take those things too seriously, it seems like it'd be too easy to skew the data, yknow? And I've heard varying reports on Black Adam, some saying it's great and some saying it's just another train wreck DCEU movie. I hear it's the biggest opening weekend of Johnson's career, which is awesome for him, but lots of movies open strong and then collapse (MoS, one of Marvel's latest movies I think, etc) when word gets out about it. Hope it's good, but I have no idea right now if it is.

If WB/DC really is turning things around, great. I'm not gonna say no to a quality DCEU. But it seems like everything behind the scenes is still in chaos, with another buy-out maybe on the horizon, and I don't think that's the environment that consistent, quality movies come from. Hope I'm proved wrong and DC is about to enter a new era of awesomeness but....I know where I'd bet my money, yknow?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's perfectly fine to love DC and think the studio that owns them and adapts their properties to screen is comprised of incompetent fools.
    They had all their characters too unlike Marvel who only is now playing with FF and X Men.

Also flash movie was announced when the flash tv was just coming out! 9 years later it's still not out. The flash tv show will start and end in the time they announced it to release!

Black adam was announced in 2014 than 2017 got more news! It just now came out!

Still no plastic man or blackhawk or lobo or metal men. Guess wb forgot about those films or they were killed.

Very true but when everyone over the past 10 years had no clue how to run something like the DCEU I see why the DCEU is the way it is.

I have faith after seeing Black Adam twice now. Not a ton of faith but there is some there.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Just copying what Last Son of Krypton posted on the Blue Beetle thread

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Blue Beetle had another test screening recently:

"#TestScreening Alert!

#BlueBeetle had its test screening at the WB lot y'day, and the immediate consensus was that the majority of the audience absolutely loved @angelmanuelsoto's live-action version. Apparently @Xolo_Mariduena doesn't miss a beat, and absolutely kills it."

"#BlueBeetle TestScreening update: 1/2
    - The entire cast does an awesome job! Especially Xolo Mariduena & Belissa Escobedo, who plays Xolo's sis.
    - The audience loved the sweet,comedy-filled family dynamic of the 'Reyes family'.
    - Almost 30% of the film is in Spanish with subs."

"#BlueBeetle Test Screening update: 2/2
    - Susan Sarandon nails the villainous role as Victoria Kord.
    - George Lopez as Uncle Rudy & Adriana Barraza as the Grandma have lot of great comedic scenes, which were loved.
    Verdict: The audience totally loved DC's first Latino superhero."

https://twitter.com/UndercoverCine/s...77972515549185

"All of this matches what I've heard about BLUE BEETLE. The main thing is that audiences love Xolo and the family. It looks to be a big crowdpleaser."

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...33280819216389

"(Bruna Marquezine's role) She's Ted Kord's daughter, Jaime's love interest, and the reason he gets the blue beetle. I should probably say scarab but you know what I mean"

https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...42045929000961
    Lots of early positive buzz about Blue Beetle.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I'm really excited for Blue Beetle! I hope that it's a bonafide hit. The entire 2023 slate looks very promising actually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    They had all their characters too unlike Marvel who only is now playing with FF and X Men.
    I kinda think that was a plus, actually, since it would have been easy to pick an interpretation of the X-Men that a significant chunk of the fanbase thought 'missed the point' and ended up being as unevenly received as Man of Steel. By having to dig deeper to less popular characters, I feel like they got a chance to find their footing with characters people cared about slightly less passionately than Superman or Wolverine.

If DC had been forced to spend a decade warming up their movie machine with the Outsiders, Birds of Prey, Young Justice, Doom Patrol, Suicide Squad, etc. while just dropping hints as to the existence of Supes and the Bat, only then being able to unveil them after building hype (and fan confidence with the skill they've grown on these less popular characters and teams), perhaps it might have been easier than diving straight for the little man in the boat five seconds into the bedroom.

Marvel may have been forced to prime the engine, by circumstance, but it seems to have worked for them.

Then again, this assumes that they wouldn't have botched the 'lesser' properties and poisoned their own hype-building momentum. Impossible to know, really.

I feel bad for fans of Supes and Bats and the rest of the 'big seven,' but I'm more of a fan of characters they don't seem terribly in a rush to put on the big screen (Booster, Vixen, the Legion, Young Justice, Black Canary, etc.), so I'm dubiously blessed that they'll at least have a chance to get their act together before getting around to the B and C tier properties I really like.