Page 1358 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3588581258130813481354135513561357135813591360136113621368 ... LastLast
Results 20,356 to 20,370 of 20948
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    You mean like the report's batgirl was set for theatre release in uk? Still didn't save it.

https://movieweb.com/batgirl-set-the...nited-kingdom/
    Just being in released in the UK isnt anything to write home about.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I understand what the point is, I'm saying it's ridiculous. You can have a mass murdering supervillain as your protagonist but a US fighter pilot is the deal breaker. That's idiotic.
    A slave Protagonist in the middle east becoming totalitarian fighting for the oppressed.That's communist propaganda material...The movie doesn't paint heroes of america and intergang(a bunch mercenaries that are from us) in any great fashion.Anything bad for us is an automatic win for china.
    black adam politics
    As a Middle Easterner I was shocked and absolutely delighted to see how well conveyed the struggles and perspectives of much of our brethren was.

The Justice Society cared not for the suffering of the Kahndaqians until they finally gained a powerful leader (Black Adam) who could threaten them and the current global order.

Only then did they decide to intervene in a downtrodden region of the world that they had long neglected.

“Protecting global stability” and “maintaining peace” were the empty slogans thrown around by Hawkman to justify the JSA’s intervention, while in reality Kahndaq finally had a leader who could lift them into prosperity and restore them to their former glory.
    I had no doubt this would have gotten released in china...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-24-2022 at 08:57 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://twitter.com/luiz_fernando_j/...bRSfIS4eFQQNhw

The non-Cavill/Hoechlin Superman projects are definitely dead, I expect Black Canary to bite it as well. Let’s see if GL survives another round.
    I wonder if there is actually very little work done on GL project(s) and cancelling them wouldn't really do much for bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I wonder if there is actually very little work done on GL project(s) and cancelling them wouldn't really do much for bottom line.
    It's been how many years and they've barely confirmed any cast or filming? It seems like a heckuva long time to still be in the production phase, although there's probably a lot going into a GL show.

How are Game of Thrones and Lord of the Rings shows already produced a season yet Green Lantern hasn't done a thing? That makes no sense. It's Star Trek but with people who can fly and shoot beams from their hands

Partially because the GL brand is tainted, partially because it's the most expensive DC series they've ever done. Can't say I feel for them since they are the ones that tainted it in the first place.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-25-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Partially because the GL brand is tainted, partially because it's the most expensive DC series they've ever done. Can't say I feel for them since they are the ones that tainted it in the first place.
    Even then...3-4 years being in pre-production and not shooting anything is ridiculous. If it takes that long to ensure everything is perfect....better be a series with 100% reviews and loved by everyone

The Rock wants Black Adam to fight the Justice League. He has already got Cavill. He knows Gal Gadot from a previous movie they did together. Ben Affleck isn't doing anything. Jason Mamoa might be interested since he till has Aquaman 2 with DCEU. Forget Ezra and Ray. They aren't coming back. Put in Zachary Levi's Shazam and we got a movie.

Given what they've been doing recently, I'm not sure if WBD deserves such luck. But many people worked really hard on those movies so it's good to see their efforts being rewarded.

I still can't believe Top Gun: Maverick didn't get a China release and this one did.
    It's because they refused to cut out the Taiwanese Flag from the Maverick's jacket.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 10-25-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    They refused to cut out the Taiwanese Flag from the Maverick's jacket.
    Right. Lesson to be learned, never deny people good entertainment because of bullshit politics.

Cool...
    Now will Gunn be dragged through the mud again?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

All good DCEU news lately.

They put the guy who gave them one of their biggest flops in charge of their movie division. lol Gunn should thank god that Peacemaker turned out well. Seems like they look at him as the "comic guy" and Safran as the "business guy". Sounds familiar? Hope they do better than Johns and Berg.

Hopefully Gunn won't try to make every DC property into a comedy.