Page 1363 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3638631263131313531359136013611362136313641365136613671373 ... LastLast
Results 20,431 to 20,445 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This discussion about how every DC film is gonna be a GotG/TSS rehash. If I'm reading the comments right, he's got the creative reins now yes? Then it isn't a question of "will every DC movie now be a GotG/TSS remix?" Gunn isn't gonna be making these films, he's gonna be overseeing the people who do. And he's certainly smart enough to know that what works for Harley won't necessarily work for Batman, or Flash, or Black Lightning, or JLA. He'll know that different sensibilities are required for different franchises. He'd have to be a total moron to not realize that. The real question, to my mind, is "Can Gunn correctly identify the core attributes and appeal of each IP, then hire people with the same vision?" Does he have that wisdom, or will Hollywood ego get in the way and influence his analysis? That's the question.
    I'm sure that someone had said exact same thing about making everything darker, but it happened many times.

MCU is also sometimes criticized for having a house style with every second character throwing snarky one-liners. And DC movies have been criticized for not having enough jokes. So no, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Gunn attempts to inject his brand of comedy (as far as ratings allow obviously) into all future DC projects. And I'll be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Devin Faraci reports Henry Cavill’s role in The Flash is much bigger than people realize. He was added to the movie via extensive reshoots and Sasha Callie’s role as Supergirl has been greatly diminished as a result.

Faraci was also told that the JJ Abrams Superman movie has been cancelled.
    Best thing Faraci ever did was to get knocked on his ass. I'm surprised there are people who still believe what this guy has to say.

Last edited by Johnny; 10-26-2022 at 01:56 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Best thing Faraci ever did was to get knocked on his ass. I'm surprised there are people who still believe what this guy has to say.

what in the hell did i just watch?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    what in the hell did i just watch?
    Devin Faraci having a "boxing match" with Joe Swanberg, an independent filmmaker Faraci previously criticized. They got in the ring and well, this is what happened.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Devin Faraci having a "boxing match" with Joe Swanberg, an independent filmmaker Faraci previously criticized. They got in the ring and well, this is what happened.
    Yeah!yeah! I got that..but..but whyyyy?why?why on earth would people want to see that?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

James Gunn and Peter Safran Give DC Studios and David Zaslav Bold, Brash and Slightly Risky New Guardians

- The Batman 2 doesn’t have a finished script, and won’t hit theaters until 2025 at the earliest.

- The studio is now taking writer pitches for the next Henry Cavil Superman movie is now.

- Joker 2 will take place with outside the cinematic universe that Gunn/Safran will build out(duh).
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!yeah! I got that..but..but whyyyy?why?why on earth would people want to see that?
    Because Faraci is a scumbag.

Gunn is an easy pick as Kevin Feige was also setting him up for second in command before horn fired him from disney--only for horn to rehire him for wb.

Yes, the same guy who fired him for the tweets at marvel hired him at dc!

Awkward.

Gunn is a good choice as long as he doesn't go to nuts on some of the ips or gore and adult them up for no reason but is ironic his one movie he made for dc bombed at the box office and he is put in charge! Then again, his one show was a huge hit for HBO max so he is 50/50.

Shame wonder twins was canned. That would be a big fit for a gunn type film.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Zaslav actually namedrops Green Lantern in his email to staff about the DC Studios news, which is.. pretty hype ngl

https://deadline.com/2022/10/dc-film...ry-1235154682/

One of the great strengths of our company is our unmatched collection of IP that includes many of the most beloved superheroes of all time… Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and now Black Adam, to name just a few. For over 60 years, these and other DC characters have captivated and inspired generations of fans around the world… and as stewards of the iconic franchise, we feel a real responsibility to preserve and expand the DCU for the enjoyment of future generations. In many ways, we have only begun to scratch the surface. James and Peter have a broad vision for DC storytelling and how it all fits together, and they plan to create even more compelling and unforgettable experiences for DC fans worldwide, while building a sustainable growth business out of the iconic franchise.

The big news is it's being retooled into a John Stewart vehicle.

The decision to refocus Green Lantern arrives at a pivotal time for DC. Sources say the character of John Stewart was off the table to producers who envisioned the show as focusing on the first Green Lantern, the openly gay Alan Scott, and Guy Gardner as well as a “multitude of other Lanterns — from comic book favorites to never-before-seen heroes.” With DC Comics topper Walter Hamada’s recent exit, a decision was made to start over and build the show around John Stewart, the character who first appeared in the early 1970s and was modeled after Sidney Poitier. It’s worth noting that the Green Lantern creative overhaul has nothing to do with news this week that James Gunn and Peter Safran have been tapped to lead film, TV and animation at DC Studios in a role similar to what Kevin Feige is doing at Marvel. (Gunn and Safran don’t start their new jobs until Nov. 1.)

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if Gunn's ever expressed any opinions about Wonder Woman.

Who knows if this helps or hurts the chances for a Wonder Woman cartoon.
    Based on things i am hearing. It doesn't look like he will care much about WW. Sigh

At this point I shouldn't be surprised about Hal getting the shaft again. They clearly see absolutely no value in his character to try to redeem him for the general audience after destroying him last time. It is what it is though, if I was a studio/network executive with no emotional attachment to the Hal Jordan character, I would've likely done the same thing. Good thing his content is there to borrow I guess, while he can always show up as a villain to get beat up. And I guess this finally confirms the GLC movie is no longer in development since John was supposed to be the MC in it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-26-2022 at 07:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I just.....i lol i cant. So now this definitely isn't being seen until 2024 if EVEN. How hard is it to make DC content! Its not as hard as WB makes it.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Holey moley I shouldn't have said anything about Green Lantern. The original pitch sounded awesome so I'm a bit bummed that they're not only slashing the budget but also the scope. Does this mean they're relegating John to be the "tv GL" and he won't be co-leading the GL movie as rumoured? Because that would also suck...

At this point I shouldn't be surprised about Hal getting the shaft again. They clearly see absolutely no value in his character to try to redeem him for the general audience after destroying him last time. It is what it is. If I was a studio/network executive with no emotional attachment to the Hal Jordan character, I would've likely done the same thing. Good thing his content is there to borrow I guess, while he can always show up as a villain to get beat up. And I guess this finally confirms the GLC movie is no longer in development since John was supposed to be the MC in it.
    I think the Hal Jordan mention in the by-line is a mistake and it's supposed to say Guy Gardner.