Page 1368 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3688681268131813581364136513661367136813691370137113721378 ... LastLast
Results 20,506 to 20,520 of 20948
    Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Well interesting all around. DC instead of being under Warner bros studios for the first time ever Is it's completely own studio. And for the first time ever it's two studio heads Gunn and Safran report directly to the head of WBD David Zaslav. Before this Hamada had a entire committee he had to go through. All this sounds positive. And they are not only running films but tv and animation. I think you are going to see more cohesion than ever between all three. Interestingly the Joker 2 is remaining a Warner Bros project not DC studios. Only time will tell if the Batman 2 stays exclusive to WB and doesn't go to the newly opened DC Studios. If it doesn't you might see Batman put on the back burner. Which is a sentence I never thought I'd say.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Batman will never be on the backburner. They're exploring more of his reboot-verse than they are the main verse.

But this is a 4 yr deal and i dont see how much they can get done in 4 years. We wouldn't see results until year 3 if anything

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Batman will never be on the backburner. They're exploring more of his reboot-verse than they are the main verse.

But this is a 4 yr deal and i dont see how much they can get done in 4 years. We wouldn't see results until year 3 if anything
    Throwing out as many Bat-spinoffs as they can possibly dish out.

Depends on how much is done. No doubt WB has scripts ready. Marvel released all of phase one in a span of four years from 2008-2012.
    Last edited by comicstar100; 10-27-2022 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Depends on how much is done. No doubt WB has scripts ready. Marvel relased all of phase one in a span of four years from 2008-2012.
    Even if WB has scripts ready, they essentially have to go through them and see what they will want to make. They have to sit down and try to map out where they actually want to go. That'll take some time. Animation alone can take up to 2 years.

All depends on if Zaslav is going to sell the company or not. If he is then this is just a temp situation anyway because the new owners will want to put their own guys in charge, and we’ll go through this whole thing all over again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

"Right now, I can't really talk about anything," Cavill told Entertainment Tonight. "What I do want is hope, optimism, and joy. Those three things are essential to the character."
    Glad to hear where Cavill's head is at.
    https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1585813453217837056

"Hope and optimism". That sounds familiar.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It does, and it's the right thing to say about Superman, but the proof is in the pudding. After all, he's not going to write the thing himself, or direct it. Hopefully he gets that to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    DC Cinematic Rebirth?

Even if WB has scripts ready, they essentially have to go through them and see what they will want to make. They have to sit down and try to map out where they actually want to go. That'll take some time. Animation alone can take up to 2 years.
    Marvel's phase 1 releasing entirely in 4 years shows what's possible. At this point I'd just settle for a good Superman movie though.

Marvel's phase 1 releasing entirely in 4 years shows what's possible. At this point I'd just settle for a good Superman movie though.
    They were working on these films already. Thats not the same as a pair who just got the power and have to build a cohesive universe

Ultimate Member

How many folks were already in place and working on scripts?

Cap Marvel started work in 2013. Casting was 2016.

Panther started 2011 and finally got the go in 2014.

GOTG started at 2009.

Spiderverse was 2014.

Now Strange World was announced last year with a plot focusing on the son. Now all the sudden its about his Dad. That movie could NOT have been made in less than a year-Disney tends to take 4 years to do films.

So unless they are going to buy or revamp some already existing scripts-what can they do in 4 years?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    It does, and it's the right thing to say about Superman, but the proof is in the pudding. After all, he's not going to write the thing himself, or direct it. Hopefully he gets that to work with.
    It's pr spin about superman and buzzwords.With a company that has made the character shell of what it should be.It doesn't mean anything until the movie comes out..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-28-2022 at 08:17 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's pr spin about superman and buzzwords.With a company that has made the character shell of what it should be.It doesn't mean anything until the movie comes out..
    One of WB's problems has been a tendency to rush movies, and especially IMO the screenwriting part----the single most important bit. It's the foundation that everything else rests on, and if it's terrible, it doesn't matter how good the acting or directing is, the movie will still be bad. And for the most part writing a great screenplay and turning it into a great script takes time and deep thought. So I hope that WB has learned it's lesson and won't rush things to get their bonuses or whatever.

That Gunn is now one of the guys in charge gives me some hope, though I know nothing about the other guy. And I don't know how much his bosses will interfere. And he's got some annoying tendencies as a writer that he'd be well advised to ditch. I just expect the worst and hope for the best. Still, if they're going to put together a good movie, they need to take their time, so it might be a while.