Page 137 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 20948

Lol WB I get Aquaman was popular and all but jeez
    I mean the trench over a black manta or Atlanteans movie
    The trench over anything really this is the spinoff because horror movies are cheap to make but a bunch of nameless monsters isn't going to have much branding

I assume Aquaman 2 will come out before this though

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Would prefer a Vixen movie but a Black Canary solo sounds good too, especially if it serves as an in for Oliver Q.
    I'd actually prefer it to be an in to the martial arts underworld of the DCEU. Cassie Cain is just a hop, skip, and jump from Lady Shiva.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Lol WB I get Aquaman was popular and all but jeez
    I mean the trench over a black manta or Atlanteans movie
    The trench over anything really this is the spinoff because horror movies are cheap to make but a bunch of nameless monsters isn't going to have much branding

I assume Aquaman 2 will come out before this though
    There's clearly a market for "nameless monsters". See Jaws, Sharknado, Godzilla, and Kong. Besides, the Trench would need antagonists that prevent them from eating a town. I say it's a good opportunity to introduce Kaldur, Garth, and Tula as that small, but determined Atlantean resistance (along with a handful of humans) that seeks to stop the spread of the Trench.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Robert Pattinson is rumored to be up for the role of Batman in Matt Reeves The Batman.

...so yeah.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batma...batman-a166378
    I feel like I'd have a hard time taking Pattinson seriously as Batman, but I guess I'm willing to give him a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I'd actually prefer it to be an in to the martial arts underworld of the DCEU. Cassie Cain is just a hop, skip, and jump from Lady Shiva.
    I'm going to be really curious to see how they use Cass in this.

(But I've always imagined a big Black Canary storyline that was just her fighting every other martial artist in the DCU. Not sure if that will work with this version of Canary, but we haven't seen much from her).

I wonder if this is the right place to discuss all the great review the pilot of Doom Patrol got today. So excited for this series. If folks are discussing elsewhere would love a hint as to where.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I wonder if this is the right place to discuss all the great review the pilot of Doom Patrol got today. So excited for this series. If folks are discussing elsewhere would love a hint as to where.
    The DC Media thread. But wasn't there a DC Universe thread too? You'll have to do a little excavating to find it.

I think a separate Doom Patrol thread may be present in the TV/Movies board as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The DC Media thread. But wasn't there a DC Universe thread too? You'll have to do a little excavating to find it.

I think a separate Doom Patrol thread may be present in the TV/Movies board as well.
    Thanks. Found it in TV/Film. Just surprised there isn't more mention of the great reviews the pilot is getting here in the DC forum. After all, DP is a classic DC property apparently being done very well. Seems like it warrants its own thread here really. I'm just not a thread starter.

Vixen could be neat; on top she would be an original character recognizable on her own and does not need to piggyback on the 70+ years legacy of another character. For non-white(ish) female characters I'd prefer a Katana solo with Karen Fukuhara though; loved her version in Suicide Squad.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Thanks. Found it in TV/Film. Just surprised there isn't more mention of the great reviews the pilot is getting here in the DC forum. After all, DP is a classic DC property apparently being done very well. Seems like it warrants its own thread here really. I'm just not a thread starter.
    I wouldn't be opposed to a thread here. The Titans TV show had one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Vixen could be neat; on top she would be an original character recognizable on her own and does not need to piggyback on the 70+ years legacy of another character. For non-white(ish) female characters I'd prefer a Katana solo with Karen Fukuhara though; loved her version in Suicide Squad.
    But she doesn't have "Black" in her name. They can't make a movie with a black actress unless "Black" is in the name. They would have to change it to "Black Vixen".

If they made a Vixen movie they could show her growing up in Africa in flashbacks but have the movie predominantly take place in the US (maybe New York since she’s a model and activist). Having it set in the US would lessen the comparisons to Black Panther. They could have the god Anansi follow her to New York and cause some havoc.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Aquaman 2 is officially in development, with Aquaman co-writer David Johnson McGoldwick (Conjuring 2) returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If they made a Vixen movie they could show her growing up in Africa in flashbacks but have the movie predominantly take place in the US (maybe New York since she’s a model and activist). Having it set in the US would lessen the comparisons to Black Panther. They could have the god Anansi follow her to New York and cause some havoc.
    I don't see why there should be comparisons just because she's African. Mari is not a princess or a queen of an African nation. There were comparisons with Aquaman being a reluctant king like Black Panther but that didn't affect the movie negatively at all.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...edium=referral

Aquaman 2 is officially in development, with Aquaman co-writer David Johnson McGoldwick (Conjuring 2) returning.
    ugh why? Script was terrible.