Page 1375 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3758751275132513651371137213731374137513761377137813791385 ... LastLast
Results 20,611 to 20,625 of 20948
    Astonishing Member

Fucking evil fans.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    UMmm..what eggs was in black adam? the only egg was that of black adam..Which didn't become chicken.The other spinoffs?they could still happen.Superman direction ain't affected.Jsa could get spin-off ala peacemaker and aquaman..Superman fighting black adam might not be centre peace.That's it.I have said this before.This is rock's own production company.His money and his neck... It's all on him and his decision.Regarding black adam itself.
    So the probably 300M spent in ba is all rock's money? Well WB dodged a bullet then. Still i see no direction for DCEU. If the vision is for everybody to be fodder to Superman in their next team movies like in jl. I don't see the point of team projects which is the essential aspect of a shared/connected universe like the mcu has.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Fucking evil fans.
    What happened?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    So the probably 300M spent in ba is all rock's money? Well WB dodged a bullet then. Still i see no direction for DCEU. If the vision is for everybody to be fodder to Superman in their next team movies like in jl. I don't see the point of team projects which is the essential aspect of a shared/connected universe like the mcu has.
    Almost certainly not. He probably has some skin in the game, but nothing like that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

No,it ain't yours either and that money that was invested..It was on the rock.He will be the one doing the answering.So,back to square one.As for being fodders,you just want ww to be the most powerful dc superhero..That is fine.Everyone wants their hero to be most powerful.Heck!spiderman wore a cosmic suit and batman wears a tin can one that doesn't make any sense for that purpose.

Heck!I would be more than fine to have a superverse,if people are that threatened,instead of dc(which he wasn't supposed to be a part of)..As manga guy that has always been more interesting.Superman's scale has always been restricted by larger shared universe.But, that's just me.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

So because it’s not getting a release in China, Black Adam went from having a pretty good outing to being a major failure. the studio will lose over $100 million on this project.

Damn, not even the Rock could turn things around for DC.

I’m sure the absolute beating this movie got from critics did end up hurting it. I know a lot of people say “I make up my own mind and never listen to critics” but the reality is the negative buzz still has a significant effect on the box office. A trip to the movie theater can get kind of expensive and with inflation being so bad I doubt people want to spend their hard earned money on a product that the media has declared horrible. I didn’t think the movie was a masterpiece but i enjoyed it overall and I really don’t think it deserved the extreme hate it got from critics.

This also looks pretty bad for Superman. Cavill’s big return to the role was apparently met with apathy from general audiences.

No,it ain't yours either and that money that was invested..It was on the rock.He will be the one doing the answering.So,back to square one.As for being fodders,you just want ww to be the most powerful dc superhero..That is fine.Everyone wants their hero to be most powerful.Heck!spiderman wore a cosmic suit and batman wears a tin can one that doesn't make any sense for that purpose.

Heck!I would be more than fine to have a superverse,if people are that threatened,instead of dc(which he wasn't supposed to be a part of)..As manga guy that has always been more interesting.Superman's scale has always been restricted by larger shared universe.But, that's just me.
    You made it sound like the rock was using his on money on this.

WW was fodder to Superman. And DCEU has done a terrible job with her power. For all the hype about her being a God and somebody that can challenge Superman. She sure went down fast and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So because it’s not getting a release in China, Black Adam went from having a pretty good outing to being a major failure. the studio will lose over $100 million on this project.

I’m sure the absolute beating this movie got from critics did end up hurting it. I know a lot of people say “I make up my own mind and never listen to critics” but the reality is the negative buzz still has a significant effect on the box office. A trip to the movie theater can get kind of expensive and with inflation being so bad I doubt people want to spend their hard earned money on a product that the media has declared horrible. I didn’t think the movie was a masterpiece but i enjoyed it overall and I really don’t think it deserved the extreme hate it got from critics.

This also looks pretty bad for Superman. Cavill’s big return to the role was apparently met with apathy from general audiences.
    It looks like the movie won't pass 400M WW. And it needed around 600M to make a real profit. Does anybody here know if the rock's name alone could have made this movie gross more than 200M in China? Because that is the kind of numbers it needed to reach the 600M mark globally.

You made it sound like the rock was using his on money on this.

WW was fodder to Superman. And DCEU has done a terrible job with her power. For all the hype about her being a God and somebody that can challenge Superman. She sure went down fast and easily.
    nope! read again..his money and his neck(money invested on rock..No rock no movie).Yes,his money is also on the line.Together with his reputation.

struggles of being in a shared universe.
    there is no metric to suggest that. I would say postive buzz was entirely created with superman being in the movie,which had been down with last two trailers..It wasn't a substantive role.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-05-2022 at 11:39 PM.

nope! read again..his money and his neck(money invested on rock..No rock no movie).Yes,his money is also on the line.Together with his reputation.

struggles of being in a shared universe.

there is no metric to suggest that. I would say postive buzz was entirely created with superman being in the movie,which had been down with last two trailers..It wasn't a substantive role.
    More like struggle of facing sexism. DC would be fine with showin shazam or ba as being in the same tier as sm. But not the woman created to be in his tier. Who also has had for most of her history. powers from the Gods just like shazam and ba. In fact stronger than Hercules, faster than Mercury has been her logo for decades.

Nobody is going to a movie for a cameo my dude, especially one that was shared all over social media before the film even widely released, quit overreacting. People loved Gadot in WW but that didn’t save Justice League from flopping, and she was a much bigger part of that movie than Cavill was in Black Adam.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

More like struggle of facing sexism. DC would be fine with showin shazam or ba as being in the same tier as sm. But not the woman created to be in his tier. Who also has had for most of her history. powers from the Gods just like shazam and ba. In fact stronger than Hercules, faster than Mercury has been her logo for decades.
    I am not denying sexism.but,How is it superman or black adam or anyone's fault if ww in her own movies lack physical feats(without weapons) compared to the rest?

I honestly doubt that. Venom got even worse beating and paying audiences liked it just fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I honestly doubt that. Venom got even worse beating and paying audiences liked it just fine.
    The difference there is that Venom got released in China, which is where it made about a quarter of its box office. If BA had gotten a China release, we'd be having a VERY different conversation right now.

Mighty Member

Who is the Rock going to answer for this? And there is a lot of space between just not being pathetic and nigh useless fodder in comparison to Superman in the DCEU and outright being the most powerful DC superhero, and i don't think that each Wonder Woman, Flash, or Batman fan wanted for them to just disrespectfully shit on the Justice League and make everyone else look bad.

I am not denying sexism.but,How is it superman or black adam or anyone's fault if ww in her own movies lack physical feats(without weapons) compared to the rest?
    Superman or Black Adam don't exist, but it is obviously the fault of WB, DC and multiple existing people.