Page 1381 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711377137813791380138113821383138413851391 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,715 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    who is moving goal post?I don't make claims on"that's how these things work".I only am saying what i believe and stick too.2.5x rule is one of em.And Fine,it was my prediction from the numbers and things i've read.In this case, the opening numbers predictions...

really?the person i replied to originally did. That batman made 700mil+ and this movie made and predicted to make half in the opening week.Don't you think Asking black adam(that's not exactly brimming with postive buzz) to open with batman numbers is pushing it?Also,still not seeing how brands and names aren't a big deal..
    That poster also mentioned Thor. Their point being that successful films in this genre are usually seen as such when they make around $700 million. Especially ones with this price tag. It was clearly expected to be a blockbuster, hence the budget.

And name recognition only matters if there's quality associated with the brand. However we've seen Superman and Batman films flop. We've seen characters nobodies ever heard of be successful (see: Neo, Luke Skywalker, etc.) And simply being a part of a popular franchise like the MCU doesn't guarantee success. It's not like they all make the same amount at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lobo seems like the perfect James Gunn character.
    Yeah Gunn is the only director I can think of who could capture the comedy and over the top violence and insanity of Lobo. I’d love to see it happen. Hopefully that’s one of his first projects as head of DC media.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    James Gunn's first post on Mastodon.

It's also being rumored that Joseph Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick) is at the top of WB's list for the new Superman movie.
    Too bad Jason Momoa is already playing Aquaman. He would’ve made the perfect Lobo.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Too bad Jason Momoa is already playing Aquaman. He would’ve made the perfect Lobo.
    To bad dwayne Johnson wanted to be a hero so bad this would also be perfect for him
    Some wrestler is gonna get their big break

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    To bad dwayne Johnson wanted to be a hero so bad this would also be perfect for him
    Some wrestler is gonna get their big break
    Johnson as Lobo? Don't really see that.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    That poster also mentioned Thor. Their point being that successful films in this genre are usually seen as such when they make around $700 million. Especially ones with this price tag. It was clearly expected to be a blockbuster, hence the budget.

And name recognition only matters if there's quality associated with the brand. However we've seen Superman and Batman films flop. We've seen characters nobodies ever heard of be successful (see: Neo, Luke Skywalker, etc.) And simply being a part of a popular franchise like the MCU doesn't guarantee success. It's not like they all make the same amount at the box office.
    Thor did'nt get into 700 mil territory until ragnarok.Still they were considered success and since sequals where made.Genre expectations aren't tangible and i don't consider it as any indicator.People can expect different things.

matrix was a unique concept.The concept is what brought people to the theatre(even create four quadrant movies) and it was 2000s.Same for star wars when it hit theatres way back when.Now,concepts and original ideas are far less in hollywood.Hence,this franchise hunt and ip game.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Not sure about Gunn. GOTG TSS were fun when they came out but I am struggling to remember anything from the films tbh. TSS is barely even talked about online it feels.

Then again I don't care too deeply about DC Media or DC in general anymore so ehh doesn't matter I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well Zaslav did say he wants an MCU-like shared universe. The funny thing is his predecessors already tried to replicate its success and didn't really do a good job with it. You'd think doubling down on it wouldn't be the wisest thing to do, and yet here we are.
    Solo films should have been the remit going forward similar to The Batman. MCU even with how awful Phase 4 is just un-catchable so they should've just ditch that idea and concentrate on telling good solo stories.

DC's one opportunity to even compete was GL back in 2011, they messed it up and have been messing up ever since. It's time to just give up on the idea of a shared universe
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Johnson as Lobo? Don't really see that.
    I think any wrestler type could handle it
    Just be bombastic and big

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    He thinks the same, lol: https://twitter.com/ComicBook/status...49826457849856

Dang, now I want to see him as Lobo .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dang, now I want to see him as Lobo .
    I wonder if Steven Adams can act?

Incredible Member

Warner Bros. Discovery Stock Price Closes at Lowest Level Since Merger

The stock decline also underscores Wall Street’s increasing focus on profit over streaming growth.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...el-1235258965/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Warner Bros. Discovery Stock Price Closes at Lowest Level Since Merger

The stock decline also underscores Wall Street’s increasing focus on profit over streaming growth.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bu...el-1235258965/
    So what you are saying is buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lobo an alien clone of Aquaman

Amazing Member

Gemma Chan was able to use face paint to get away with playing 2 different characters.