Page 1383 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3838831283133313731379138013811382138313841385138613871393 ... LastLast
Results 20,731 to 20,745 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    superman always has an easier time and better treatment than Wonder woman. So i don't see a reason for his fans to worry. WW will be the one treated like garbage, like it is the case 99% of the time.
    Which one of the two was previously going evil and having their iconic LI **** Batman and bear Batman’s kid? Which one still got another solo movie despite their previous one underperforming (both MoS and WW1984 got bad critical scores)? Quit acting like the previous regime didn’t do right by WW, they valued her much more highly than they did Superman.
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-11-2022 at 12:15 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which one of the two was previously going evil and having their iconic LI **** Batman and bear Batman’s kid? Which one still got another solo movie despite their previous one underperforming (both MoS and WW1984 got bad critical scores)? Quit acting like the previous regime didn’t do right by WW, they valued her much more highly than they did Superman.
    I would gladly take an evil WW killing everybody for one story arc. Vs being fodder and useless 99% of the time. WW84 had to face a pandemic and hbo release. Sm has been underperforming for decades. Yet he still gets treated with much more care, respect and will atill gave more movies innthe dceu. While dceu ww is almost the weakest in dceu. Was a failure to human kind, not making a difference after 100 years. Was going to be killed in the next jl movie. Still getting killed and trashed in all else workd stories and Jl stories. Still no cartoon show while sm gets new ones. Stop acting like he does not get treated much better than her. Your fav will be fine. It is Diana who will get the short end of the stick as usual.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 11-11-2022 at 12:58 AM.

Spectacular Member

One of these statements are premature

Wonder Woman may not even get a third movie(won’t believe it till it enters production)

And even then, Wonder Woman will NEVER get another solo movie if Wonder Woman 3 flops…and it will pay for the sins of 84

To pretend that Wonder Woman has better treatment than Superman is kind of disingenuous

Most of this good treatment is purely because her first movie succeeding hard

But that special treatment WILL vanish once Wonder Woman 3 also flops

And she’ll be banished to the shadow realm to never be seen again outside of crossovers

Superman has been given way more chances to work than Wonder Woman ever hopes to get…especially when Zaslav is literally ignoring black Adam’s box office performance to get Henry back in Superman vs black Adam(which is still gonna happen)

And it is a well documented fact that Dave Zaslav is a trump supporter

He WOULD erase Wonder Woman from existence if he thinks he can get a tax write off…and he would enjoy it because he doesn’t believe in woman’s rights
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 11-11-2022 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    After just seeing a certain movie....DC needs to step it up. What they were able to do compared to what Black Adam did storywise, esp with the JSA....makes BA look even worse with how much story was lacking.
    If nothing else, Gunn usually cherishes good storytelling so at least there's that.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    One of these statements are premature

Wonder Woman may not even get a third movie(won’t believe it till it enters production)

And even then, Wonder Woman will NEVER get another solo movie if Wonder Woman 3 flops…and it will pay for the sins of 84

To pretend that Wonder Woman has better treatment than Superman is kind of disingenuous

Most of this good treatment is purely because her first movie succeeding hard

But that special treatment WILL vanish once Wonder Woman 3 also flops

And she’ll be banished to the shadow realm to never be seen again outside of crossovers

Superman has been given way more chances to work than Wonder Woman ever hopes to get…especially when Zaslav is literally ignoring black Adam’s box office performance to get Henry back in Superman vs black Adam(which is still gonna happen)

And it is a well documented fact that Dave Zaslav is a trump supporter

He WOULD erase Wonder Woman from existence if he thinks he can get a tax write off…and he would enjoy it because he doesn’t believe in woman’s rights
    Very much this. And WW will be treated as a background character that can never hope to do anything next to the likes of black adam and superman. And DC/WB will still dare to use her name to save face about having the iconic female hero in name if equality, while they do nothing important with her.

Incredible Member

‘Black Adam’ Unlikely to Be Released in China (Exclusive)
    Hollywood has less on the line in China than it used to, but the regular banning of major superhero movies is still costing the studios tens of millions of dollars in potential revenue.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...se-1235260069/

The fact that people think Wonder Woman doesn't have any recurring villains tells you all you need to know regarding her treatment vs. Superman's. There's still no solo animated series to expansively let audiences dive into her lore and cast of supporting characters and rogues.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-11-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘Black Adam’ Unlikely to Be Released in China (Exclusive)
    Hollywood has less on the line in China than it used to, but the regular banning of major superhero movies is still costing the studios tens of millions of dollars in potential revenue.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...se-1235260069/
    The Batman released in China but it was in the middle of yet another COVID wave there so it wasn't of much help to the overall box office.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

After just seeing a certain movie....DC needs to step it up. What they were able to do compared to what Black Adam did storywise, esp with the JSA....makes BA look even worse with how much story was lacking.
    That points to another problem, Black Adam this year along with everything DC is releasing next year will be from the previous administration under AT &T and Walter Hamada. We won't really get to see what Gunn and Safron are working on until 2024 at the earliest. And as it stands the only officially announced DC movie for 2024 is Joker 2 which isn't from Gunn or Safron's DC Studio. So unless they amp up production on a film soon we might not see anything from this new DC studio until 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    And the stuff he does work on is virtually unrecognizable from the source material. I enjoyed Guardians and Suicide Squad, but they sure didn't resemble any comics I ever read. I never quite get where people get the idea that he has any reverence for the source material.
    I think people usually just see the comic-accurate costumes and call it a day, although I think at least a few of the characters in TSS resembled themselves.
    If it's the movie I'm thinking of, I don't know if it's a fair comparison.

I mean, there have definitely been other Superhero movies from that same company with thin plots.

Astonishing Member

Gunn is not the kind of guy I’d trust to write a “DC Bible” to be frank. He has affection for the lesser known corners of the DCU but by his own admission doesn’t hold much affection for the main guys. I don’t believe that he “gets” Superman and Wonder Woman for example and I’m nervous what his influence over those two will be. I also hope this isn’t the beginning of forced synergy across the board the way Marvel does it.
    I disagree on The Suicide Squad. I think he captured the feel of the John Ostrander series.

The only thing that didn't match was having Amanda Waller as someone who would stand by while innocent civilians were killed. But that was already established by Suicide Squad (2016).

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I disagree on The Suicide Squad. I think he captured the feel of the John Ostrander series.

The only thing that didn't match was having Amanda Waller as someone who would stand by while innocent civilians were killed. But that was already established by Suicide Squad (2016).
    Rick Flag was also much closer to comic Flag than he was in the original SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

I was referring mostly to the main Leaguers, the Suicide Squad fall under the lesser character I think Gunn gets.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Need I remind everyone about the Justice League's appearance in Peacemaker.