Page 1385 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3858851285133513751381138213831384138513861387138813891395 ... LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,775 of 20948
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Thank you. And Black Panther is a totally different kind of movie anyway. Black Adam is a fun, kinda dumb, big action movie. It succeeds at what it sets out to be.
    black adam didn't succeed at the box office.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's supposed to change the DCU, per Rock. Its part of the greater DCU verse. Per Rock.
    It did.They introduced not only jsa.Brought back superman.Had suicide squad Amanda waller being centre of the conflict.You can argue the quality of execution. that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    black adam didn't succeed at the box office.
    Even If it did.you would probably hate on it regardless.Cause ww gets a short of the stick because of the company..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-12-2022 at 01:07 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    As if. MCU has that kind of consistency? That was an incredible exceptional and powerful film that smokes most of the mcu catalog it’s not comparable
    And I'd say The Batman, which opened the year, was the better film of the two.

Black Adam relied mostly on The Rock's star power and less on being a DCEU movie, JSA and Superman cameo or not. Whether it was a failed attempt, especially in comparison to other superhero movies, is a different story altogether. I think most of us here can agree it's not a "flop" despite overall performing below expectations and its final numbers won't have much of an effect on their future plans. This isn't a BvS situation.
    Last edited by Johnny; 11-12-2022 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It did.They introduced not only jsa.Brought back superman.Had suicide squad Amanda waller being centre of the conflict.You can argue the quality of execution. that's it.

Even If it did.you would probably hate on it regardless.Cause ww gets a short of the stick because of the company..
    That's true. And i will never shut up, until the sexists at DC and WB gewt exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Black Adam relied mostly on The Rock's star power and less on being a DCEU movie, JSA and Superman cameo or not. Whether it was a failed attempt, especially in comparison to other superhero movies, is a different story altogether. I think most of us here can agree it's not a "flop" despite overall performing below expectations and its final numbers won't have much of an effect on their future plans. This isn't a BvS situation.
    black adam still flopped. So i don't think they can depend too much on the rock's star power to get the dcu higher at the box office.

black adam still flopped. So i don't think they can depend too much on the rock's star power to get the dcu higher at the box office.
    There's an obvious difference between a flop and performing below expectations. Morbius was a flop, Black Adam is performing below expectations. Like I said, this isn't a BvS situation and BA's performance would have no impact on their future slate.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

It didn't change the DCU anymore than BvS did with introducing various characters, its like saying every marvel film changes the MCU since they constantly introduce new characters.

But either way, like i said the way Wakanda Forever handled its world building and introducing Namor & co. Makes Black Adam look weak.

If we get a JSA film i really hope they give a good reason why they work for Amanda Waller. They likely look at her as their version of Fury but.... she's not.

Sidenote, isn't "Val" basically the MCU's new Nick Fury now? I haven't seen any of the Disney+ MCU shows and some of their recent movies, yet I see she pops up for cameos everywhere much like Phase 1-2 Fury did. Perhaps Waller is more comparable to her instead?

There's an obvious difference between a flop and performing below expectations. Morbius was a flop, Black Adam is performing below expectations. Like I said, this isn't a BvS situation and BA's performance would have no impact on their future slate.
    It will be Lucky to get 400m. And not even that is a guaranteed. Ona budget of 200m plus marketing, distribution etc. It flopped.

It will be Lucky to get 400m. And not even that is a guaranteed. Ona budget of 200m plus marketing, distribution etc. It flopped.
    When all is said and done it's going to make at least close to what Shang-Chi made. And noone is calling Shang-Chi a flop.

When all is said and done it's going to make at least close to what Shang-Chi made. And noone is calling Shang-Chi a flop.
    It May not even gross 400m. Let salones 432. And shang chi was a movie released when the pabdemic effects were still around.

It May not even gross 400m. Let salones 432. And shang chi was a movie released when the pabdemic effects were still around.
    The budget was close to 200M without marketing and distribution, just like Black Adam. It doesn't matter when it came out, the fact is it made money despite the circumstances without China either and it's getting a sequel. Black Adam is going to be seen as a modest success when all is said and done, that's not a flop. If it had the budget Shazam did it was going to undeniably be considered a success.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Sidenote, isn't "Val" basically the MCU's new Nick Fury now? I haven't seen any of the Disney+ MCU shows and some of their recent movies, yet I see she pops up for cameos everywhere much like Phase 1-2 Fury did. Perhaps Waller is more comparable to her instead?
    Yes, she's basically the less heroic version. More Amanda Waller.

The budget was close to 200M without marketing and distribution, just like Black Adam. It doesn't matter when it came out, the fact is it made money despite the circumstances without China either and it's getting a sequel. Black Adam is going to be seen as a modest success when all is said and done, that's not a flop. If it had the budget Shazam did it was going to undeniably be considered a success.
    It does matter when it was released. Films were still having a more difficult time back then. And the actor of shan chi does not have the star power of the rock. So yes, ba flopped.