Page 1393 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 393893129313431383138913901391139213931394139513961397 LastLast
Results 20,881 to 20,895 of 20948

I don’t expect Shazam 2 to do much better than the first one to be honest.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    It's not just about Adam being in it. It's the Rock as Adam. That's what helps sell it and gives it a boost.
    Yes,it can boost.700 mil or 800mil for that matter would be how marketing is done and a bit high.It won't be a rock movie.It would have rock in it for sure... it's a toss up.As said above,what makes shazam movie work is that it's low budget with enough heart.The budget of the movie with rock in it would increase as well..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yes,it can boost.700 mil or 800mil for that matter would be how marketing is done and a bit high.It won't be a rock movie.It would have rock in it for sure... it's a toss up.As said above,what makes shazam movie work is that it's low budget with enough heart.The budget of the movie with rock in it would increase as well..
    I'm not sure you're understanding me. If Shazam 2 hits $700-$800 million, it's a boost. Some people went to see Black Adam because they're fans of the Rock and not Adam. Some went because they're fans of Adam or both he and the Rock. If you make it so the only place they see him is in Shazam 2, you get fans who like Shazam, the Rock and Black Adam all watching one film. Instead of splitting it and doubling the budget. The additional cost for the Shazam budget with the Rock would be justified by the end box office results.

700-800 mil ?
    The Rock's own movie Black Adam has made 352 mil on a budget of 200 mil.

Compare that to Shazam 2019 that made 363 mil on a budget of just 85 mil.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 11-17-2022 at 10:54 PM.

I just wish they were using actual Marvel Family villains in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here. It really lessens my excitement for the sequel. They teased a Dr. Sivana/Mr. Mind team up and they give us some random gods and a dragon for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Same here. It really lessens my excitement for the sequel. They teased a Dr. Sivana/Mr. Mind team up and they give us some random gods and a dragon for some reason.
    That’s exactly why I don’t think it’s going to do well (although I expect good reviews). There doesn’t seem to be a hype factor to get people excited to go and see Shazam 2, he’s fighting a bunch of literally whos.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

As I said elsewhere the article is just repeating what others have shared:
    -There’s no director or script yet they’re still soliciting pitches
    -Cavill doesn’t have a new deal yet
    -Adams hasn’t been contacted yet and she says she’s fine if they recast the role
    -Cavill is expected to cameo in Flash

Variety already reported most of this, only item of note is that Gunn and Safran are going to present their plan for DCU soon. However Gunn says that it will be for the WBD team (as in Zaslav) not the public. My guess is they’ll present the plan, Zaslav will ask for changes to anything he disagrees with, and then they’ll start making choices for movies.

If they recast Lois (I'd prefer Adams stay, but like a lot of the cast I feel she wasn't really utilized to her fullest potential before), hopefully that'd be an indication they're fine with recasting other Superman supporting characters... (*cough* Lex *cough*)

Incredible Member

If half the spoilers I hear are true I think Shazam 2 will do well. It also depends on what else is coming out around that time. If it is has legs it could defiantly be one of the higher grossing movies.

I think Blue Beetle's cast will carry it. I just hope for some tie-ins to the broader DC Universe

I am concerned about Aquaman. Between all of the Amber Heard/Johnny Depp stuff and all the recent underwater movies that will have come out the year prior... I just hope it's able to stand out.

Really want to see what DC has planned for 2024/2025.

I am not worried about this new Cavill news. He back as Superman no matter what.

I am very interested to see what Gunn has planned out. I am hoping at next years SD Comic Con he does a big panel and at least gives us a sneak peak in what he has in store for the future.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime