Page 1395 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 3958951295134513851391139213931394139513961397 LastLast
Results 20,911 to 20,925 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The collar on Mary is so high that it makes her head look photoshopped on when compared to everyone else.
    Now that you mention it, why is she the one with the highest collar? Or, like, an actual collar?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The collar on Mary is so high that it makes her head look photoshopped on when compared to everyone else.
    Everything looks like a bad photoshop job, especially Shazam’s head. Can’t believe this is an actual official image.

IGN did a story talking about how black panther 2 outgrossed black adams box office after less than two weeks! Rock responded.

“No need to knock us, we’re new babies and have to grow…”
    https://twitter.com/dcu_direct/statu...tnHOVWzqEd_JJQ

DC is new at this?

Comments have been brutal with people having a field day from that comment!

Be nice to DC, they're new to this whole "superhero" thing.
    Indeed, Batman and Superman were uNknOwN to the general audience back then and arguably Superman is still uNknOwN now
    Let's compare it to Iron-man 1 then or Thor 1 or Captain America or Ant-man.

Oh that's right they had waaay smaller budgets.
    Among others. More surprised rock even knew of that story. Rock reads ign? Does ign even have big movie news stories? Ironic by commenting rock made the ign story spread all over!

Someone commented--

It's bizarre that one of the biggest, most highly paid, and most popular actors in the world respond to an IGN Twitter post that no one would know and care about (I certainly wouldn't and I follow movies news and box office very intensely) had he not whining about it.
    With that said did anyone think black adam would make as much as bp2? I never did. Not sure why ign did.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-20-2022 at 06:43 PM.

This is what I mean about the negativity in here, btw. Literally nobody with any common sense expected Black Panther 2 to not significantly outgross Black Adam. The first one is one of the highest grossing movie of all time. This is a non-story.

People are pocking fun of rocks "new at this" comment, and the fact rock reads igns twitter more than the story. Story would have died if the rock had not responded. People are more poking fun that the rock reads ign than the tweet itself. Agree. Why would anyone think ba would make more than bp2? It is ign after all. What did you expect from ign.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-20-2022 at 06:49 PM.

Affleck is going to form a new production company with Matt Damon where he will exclusively make movies

Hollywood’s most powerful stars, directors and writers have been increasingly vocal about their dissatisfaction with streaming-era paychecks, namely the refusal of entertainment companies to share the money generated from breakout hits, as was more common in decades past.

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon announced on Sunday that they had decided to take action. Instead of continuing to work for hire, they plan to start an independent production company, called Artists Equity, and have obtained a minimum of $100 million in financing from the investment firm RedBird Capital Partners. Mr. Affleck and Mr. Damon have also committed an unknown amount of capital, and Mr. Affleck, whose hits as a filmmaker include “Argo” and “The Town,” has agreed to work exclusively for Artists Equity.

“This is the next act of my career for a long, long time,” Mr. Affleck said. Mr. Damon has committed to star in a set number of films (he wouldn’t say how many) and will produce exclusively for the company.

The two hope to capitalize on a shift in the film and television business: Streaming services like Netflix are beginning to care more about the quality of content than sheer volume. To give an incentive to high-caliber actors and off-camera artisans to work for them, Mr. Affleck and Mr. Damon said they intended to give those people a cut of the profit. Lower upfront fees, potentially big payouts in success.
    “As streamers have proliferated, they have really ended back-end participation, and so this is partly an effort to try to recapture some of that value and share it in a way that’s more equitable,” Mr. Affleck said in a phone interview. “Not just writers and directors and stars. But also cinematographers, editors, costume designers and other crucial artists who, in my view, are very underpaid.”

Mr. Affleck, 50, will be chief executive, while Mr. Damon, 52, will be chief creative officer. Over their 30-year entertainment careers, Mr. Affleck and Mr. Damon have worked on films that have generated $10.7 billion at the global box office. They have three Oscars between them.

“I know what kind of freedoms artists long for and how they can be empowered — treated like grown-ups,” Mr. Affleck said.
    Looks like he’s done with Batman as he said originally, despite rumors that he might be back for more given his roles in Flash and Aquaman 2.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    IGN did a story talking about how black panther 2 outgrossed black adams box office after less than two weeks! Rock responded.

https://twitter.com/dcu_direct/statu...tnHOVWzqEd_JJQ

DC is new at this?

Comments have been brutal with people having a field day from that comment!

Among others. More surprised rock even knew of that story. Rock reads ign? Does ign even have big movie news stories? Ironic by commenting rock made the ign story spread all over!

Someone commented--

With that said did anyone think black adam would make as much as bp2? I never did. Not sure why ign did.
    Rock will really try to sway things every which way lol. I dont think anyone really expected it to outdo BP but at least do more than $300mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Affleck is going to form a new production company with Matt Damon where he will exclusively make movies

Looks like he’s done with Batman as he said originally, despite rumors that he might be back for more given his roles in Flash and Aquaman 2.
    This is why I was surprised they seemed to be constructing an "in" for him to come back.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    It would be funny when it doesn’t

I don’t think the realization hits this thread

But NOTHING DCEU related is going to succeed at the box office

The snyder films has thoroughly poisoned the well

The only reason Batman(2022) made money is because it wasn’t in the DCEU
    As has been pointed out by a few other people, both Aquaman and Wonder Woman did incredibly well at the box office. And, oddly enough, so did the first Suicide Squad.

You seem to think people hate Snyder so much that anything related to anything he did will fail. That's not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is what I mean about the negativity in here, btw. Literally nobody with any common sense expected Black Panther 2 to not significantly outgross Black Adam. The first one is one of the highest grossing movie of all time. This is a non-story.
    Pretty much this. Some fans just have an immense inferiority complex and seem to love being miserable, I guess?

You'd think The Rock of all people would know clickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one calling out this behavior. Black Adam was never going to make a billion dollars, especially since China has become more reactionary since the pandemic hit and have closed their market to many western films. Black Adam's failings should also not be taken out of the global failings of the box office as well, Wakanda Forever is widely being reported in trade publications as under performing and it is expected that the new Pixar film coming out next week is expected to flop as well.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Disney not pixar and strange worlds is giving me a treasure planet / atlantis (come and go at the box office" disney film.) vibe from the ads.

Not hearing much hype for it and disney is not giving it full promotions.

Not sure how it will do.

As has been pointed out by a few other people, both Aquaman and Wonder Woman did incredibly well at the box office. And, oddly enough, so did the first Suicide Squad.
    Yeah, aquaman made a billion and first ww was pretty loved and was pretty big. SS as bad as it was alot of people still enjoyed it. Shazam did less at the box office but many still liked it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 11-21-2022 at 07:07 AM.

MoS was also a major success and BvS made tons of money as well, the only reason they aren't considered so is because their haters have gas lighted the DC community.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    MoS was also a major success and BvS made tons of money as well, the only reason they aren't considered so is because their haters have gas lighted the DC community.
    MoS was a modest success and BvS was an underperformer. Only gaslighters are people who delude themselves into thinking otherwise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/