Page 151 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 20948
    Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Agreed. Will Smith didn’t bring much to the role except his “Will Smith action hero” character that he pretty much is in every movie.

Would LOVE to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen!
    "Let's go SAVE THE WORLLLDD!"

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I'm guessing if they do use Deadshot, he'll still be black.
    Or maybe he'll just wear the mask for the whole movie ?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    And don't forget to leave space for Wonder Woman 3 in any lineup. It pushes away any other DC movie but the Aquaman sequel, and it might come as early as 2022.
    wonder woman 3 depends on how successful WW1984 will be. The first one, Domestically did well but worldwide it has been the least successful of DCEU movies. If the sequel manages to secure earnings similar to the first it will get a third, a lower box office from the first movie means it will have to wait.
    A 2022 target date for WW3 is far fetched, it is nearly impossible to produce and release such movie in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    wonder woman 3 depends on how successful WW1984 will be. The first one, Domestically did well but worldwide it has been the least successful of DCEU movies. If the sequel manages to secure earnings similar to the first it will get a third, a lower box office from the first movie means it will have to wait.
    A 2022 target date for WW3 is far fetched, it is nearly impossible to produce and release such movie in 2 years.
    Note that for the studios, a domestic dollar is worth more than foreign dollars (they get a much higher percentage of the gross). When production and marketing costs are included, the only DCEU movie that can compete with Wonder Woman is Aquaman.

And you are assuming that DC/WB waits for the release of WW84 to start working on the third Wonder Woman movie. Given that they pushed WW84 to summer 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if they are ready to start working on WW3 before the release of WW84. Main issue would be the workload for Patty Jenkins (given that she has to lead post-production of WW84 and be very involved with pre-production for WW3) and having everyone's schedule lined up.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were producing WW3 in 2020 already.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Note that for the studios, a domestic dollar is worth more than foreign dollars (they get a much higher percentage of the gross). When production and marketing costs are included, the only DCEU movie that can compete with Wonder Woman is Aquaman.

And you are assuming that DC/WB waits for the release of WW84 to start working on the third Wonder Woman movie. Given that they pushed WW84 to summer 2020, I wouldn't be surprised if they are ready to start working on WW3 before the release of WW84. Main issue would be the workload for Patty Jenkins (given that she has to lead post-production of WW84 and be very involved with pre-production for WW3) and having everyone's schedule lined up.

I know that the domestic earnings matters a lot. Don't forget that the first WW was an origin story, Personally I expect the sequel to succeed as well, Patty Jenkins is a guarantee, but you can never tell with the audiences. If it earns less it will have to wait.
    As for a potential WW3 being produced in 2020, not likely, even aquaman has to wait till 2022. WB/DC didn't expect WW and AM to be such a success, they had to change their plans, postpone or push to a later release other movies.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Didn't even like Will Smith, he just played himself.

Now if only they can cast Bronze Tiger (the actual leader) along with Nightshade and Vixen.
    To me Bronze Tiger is necessary for a SS movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ezra Miller talking about ‘The Flash’ film: https://twitter.com/FlashsoloNews/st...25907914219525
    Good to hear someone talking about this! Let's hope the execution is up to the same level as the promise.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    To me Bronze Tiger is necessary for a SS movie.
    in my opinion what is not necessary is another SS movie. Waste of time and resources, it would have been better to have a Flash movie instead. SS is part of the DCEU that is considered a failure. It took Patty Jenkins WW to save DC mainly from failures such as SS. BTW even Justice League got a better foreign gross and that speaks volumes. Next time around many like myself will not be fooled in watching SS. Once bitten twice shy.

I know that the domestic earnings matters a lot. Don't forget that the first WW was an origin story, Personally I expect the sequel to succeed as well, Patty Jenkins is a guarantee, but you can never tell with the audiences. If it earns less it will have to wait.
    As for a potential WW3 being produced in 2020, not likely, even aquaman has to wait till 2022. WB/DC didn't expect WW and AM to be such a success, they had to change their plans, postpone or push to a later release other movies.
    Why would WW84 being less profitable than the first WW movie mean that the third movie would have to wait? Sure, if WW84 bombs it is one thing, but I don't expect anyone for the movie to bomb.

And remember that a lot of the movies being bandied around here on various schedules in the post-2020 timeframe are just tossed around in fantasy schedules, with few firm commitments on directors, actors, or schedules. In comparison, Aquaman 2 and WW3 are much more firm: WB wants specific people to do the stuff, and those people are already involved in the projects and known quantities.

I'm not saying that WB will produce WW3 already in 2020, but it certainly would be doable for them, schedules for key personnel permitting.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

After the whole BvS/JL thing, I can't see WB greenlighting and actively working on WW3 before WW2 is released.

Why would WW84 being less profitable than the first WW movie mean that the third movie would have to wait? Sure, if WW84 bombs it is one thing, but I don't expect anyone for the movie to bomb.

And remember that a lot of the movies being bandied around here on various schedules in the post-2020 timeframe are just tossed around in fantasy schedules, with few firm commitments on directors, actors, or schedules. In comparison, Aquaman 2 and WW3 are much more firm: WB wants specific people to do the stuff, and those people are already involved in the projects and known quantities.

I'm not saying that WB will produce WW3 already in 2020, but it certainly would be doable for them, schedules for key personnel permitting.

WB has said that it will take a movie at a time. To an extent that they have pushed Aquaman to 2022, even in consideration of competition. WB seems to me very aware that it stands to lose always to Marvel and to James Cameron.
    But also because they have movies like batman and SS2 in 2021. Batman will always be batman, although I think there is a bat fatigue with audiences, it will perform in the range of the first WW, while SS2 was not necessary at all.
    Looking at the WB history it will be unlikely they will have WW3 in the same year with AM2.
    Although personally I would prefer to see more WW and AM. For me it would have been ideal to have AM2 in 2021 instead of SS2 and WW3 in 2022 in place of Aquaman.

Astonishing Member

in my opinion what is not necessary is another SS movie. Waste of time and resources, it would have been better to have a Flash movie instead. SS is part of the DCEU that is considered a failure. It took Patty Jenkins WW to save DC mainly from failures such as SS. BTW even Justice League got a better foreign gross and that speaks volumes. Next time around many like myself will not be fooled in watching SS. Once bitten twice shy.
    I disagree. I think WB took too long to make a sequel to SS. Movie made mad money after savage reviews even without China. Will be interesting to see how the sequel does after a long break and no Will Smith. I think Gunn has his work cut out for him after the bad reviews and long wait.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    After the whole BvS/JL thing, I can't see WB greenlighting and actively working on WW3 before WW2 is released.
    There hasn't been a lot of DCEU movies but the ones not directed by Snyder have been box office successes. Can't see Jenkins making a bomb.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    There hasn't been a lot of DCEU movies but the ones not directed by Snyder have been box office successes. Can't see Jenkins making a bomb.
    I’m not saying it’s gonna bomb, just that I don’t see WB risking being caught with its pants between its legs again if shit goes south with WW84. That’s all.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I disagree. I think WB took too long to make a sequel to SS. Movie made mad money after savage reviews even without China. Will be interesting to see how the sequel does after a long break and no Will Smith. I think Gunn has his work cut out for him after the bad reviews and long wait.
    To make SS sequel in 2021 they had to push Aquaman the goose that lays golden eggs in 2022. Wasting the 2021 slot.
    SS performed worse than Justice league in foreign gross and it is considered part of the DCEU that failed. Had it not been for Jenkins and Wan, today the DCEU would have come to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or maybe he'll just wear the mask for the whole movie ?
    Or hopefully wear it longer than 2 scenes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics