Page 152 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    To make SS sequel in 2021 they had to push Aquaman the goose that lays golden eggs in 2022. Wasting the 2021 slot.
    SS performed worse than Justice league in foreign gross and it is considered part of the DCEU that failed. Had it not been for Jenkins and Wan, today the DCEU would have come to an end.
    SS performed worse than JL internationally because it did not open in China, and yet without that country it still outgrossed JL overall. Some many bodies out there liked Suicide Squad. You can hate on it all you like, but it's a viable property that has renewed interest because of James Gunn and the fact that it's been some time since the last film. When the tires are bad, change them, and see if the car runs more smoothly.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    in my opinion what is not necessary is another SS movie. Waste of time and resources, it would have been better to have a Flash movie instead. SS is part of the DCEU that is considered a failure. It took Patty Jenkins WW to save DC mainly from failures such as SS. BTW even Justice League got a better foreign gross and that speaks volumes. Next time around many like myself will not be fooled in watching SS. Once bitten twice shy.
    I don't think making a Suicide Squad movie is taking away time and resources from a Flash movie. The delays in Flash seem to be more of a creative problem. Even if SS2 wasn't being made Flash would still have these problems.
    And the only failure of SS was it wasn't a critical darling. The audiences liked it well enough to result in SS making a lot of money. With Gunn directing SS2 it could well be a critical hit as well as a financial success. I am sure
    those that liked SS will go see SS2. I know I will. Especially with Margot Robbie coming back. And with DC films having better press now and a better public opinion, SS2 could well make even more money than SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    SS performed worse than JL internationally because it did not open in China, and yet without that country it still outgrossed JL overall. Some many bodies out there liked Suicide Squad. You can hate on it all you like, but it's a viable property that has renewed interest because of James Gunn and the fact that it's been some time since the last film. When the tires are bad, change them, and see if the car runs more smoothly.
    Don't listen to him. JL only made 7M more than SS, yet the former released in China while the latter did not. SS also had a lower budget... Easy to see why it's getting a sequel.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Really enjoyed this trailer. It's kind of interesting, though, how CBR.com has buried it on their feature page.

Shazam's powers look really cool .

I totally thought Freddy was going to say "Captain Marvel" for a second there.

Sivana really does feel like a Black Adam stand-in.

It would be hilarious if they got Affleck to do the "I'm Batman" voice for the toy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be hilarious if they got Affleck to do the "I'm Batman" voice for the toy .
    It sounds like Kevin Conroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It sounds like Kevin Conroy.
    Even better .

Don't know the status of Superman in the Shazam! movie. But it is nice to see that Batman will be in the Shazam! movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Don't know the status of Superman in the Shazam! movie. But it is nice to see that Batman will be in the Shazam! movie.
    I’m fine with the DCEU moving away from crossovers. I’m just happy to see that the movies are still acknowledging that other heroes exist in this world. WB has been so reactionary in the past. I was worried that after Justice League they’d say “every DC movie takes place in its own universe.”

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/i...el-1203154025/

Idris Elba is in talks to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in James Gunn' Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-06-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Idris Elba is in talks to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in James Gunn' Suicide Squad.
    Idris Elba would be a great addition to the DCEU but as Deadshot? Feels like a bad choice for him. Black Lightning would be a better choice.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

No! He’s an awesome actor, don’t waste him as Will Smith’s replacement. Let him play a whole new character. Make him an older wiser Bronze Tiger.

I love Deadshot but I think that's a waste of Elba, and I'm not sure how he fits into the role beyond "we need to keep Deadshot black and popular."
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    No! He’s an awesome actor, don’t waste him as Will Smith’s replacement. Let him play a whole new character. Make him an older wiser Bronze Tiger.
    He totally would be better as Ben Turner then he would be Floyd Lawton, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree with that. First of all, Suicide Squad didn't do anyone any favors... but to join in with a sequel to it as Will Smith's hand me down??? Idris is better than that. Bronze Tiger may be a good fit... but he'd still be in Suicide Squad. There's got to be better parts out there that he can make his own.