Page 153 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 531031431491501511521531541551561571632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    https://variety.com/2019/film/news/i...el-1203154025/

Idris Elba is in talks to replace Will Smith as Deadshot in James Gunn' Suicide Squad.
    Joel Kinnaman is also reportedly out as Rick Flag. Not sure if the part is just being recast or if they're dropping the character altogether, but I could see the latter. I remember all those Rick Flag action figures warming pegs at discount stores lmao.
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...29796703494145

I’m all for Idris being in DC movies, especially after the MCU wasted his talent. But dammit, I want him as John Stewart!
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Joel Kinnaman is also reportedly out as Rick Flag. Not sure if the part is just being recast or if they're dropping the character altogether, but I could see the latter. I remember all those Rick Flag action figures warming pegs at discount stores lmao.
    https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...29796703494145
    I'm kind of not surprised, both because they usually cut Flag out of the Squad in media representation and I don't think anyone cared much for Kinnaman's Flag.

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-ceo-...harlotte-kirk/

How much of an influence has WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara had on the direction of the DCEU? I imagine he's going to have to step down if the reports are true. Just wondering since I'm still not sure whose hand is the one guiding the DCEU right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

How much of an influence has WB CEO Kevin Tsujihara had on the direction of the DCEU? I imagine he's going to have to step down if the reports are true. Just wondering since I'm still not sure whose hand is the one guiding the DCEU right now.
    Isn’t Toby Emmerich or whatever his name is the one in charge? Jenkins and Wan probably have a lot of say too. There’s no one “architect” like Feige over at Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t Toby Emmerich or whatever his name is the one in charge? Jenkins and Wan probably have a lot of say too. There’s no one “architect” like Feige over at Marvel.
    I think Walter Hamada is the new DCEU head.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    I think Walter Hamada is the new DCEU head.
    Ah yes I believe you are correct.

The Will Smith news kinda killed any lingering hope I might have had about Henry Cavill coming back to play Superman. If WB was fine with letting go of as huge a star as Will Smith and just replacing him, that, coupled with Ben's departure and replacement, has me thinking any remaining leverage Henry's agents had in negotiating just evaporated.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

The Will Smith news kinda killed any lingering hope I might have had about Henry Cavill coming back to play Superman. If WB was fine with letting go of as huge a star as Will Smith and just replacing him, that, coupled with Ben's departure and replacement, has me thinking any remaining leverage Henry's agents had in negotiating just evaporated.
    Also remember that Will Smith isn't big on sequels.

https://news.avclub.com/will-smith-d...s-i-1798231771

He didn't do Independence Day 2 and he's not going to be in MIB 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Also remember that Will Smith isn't big on sequels.

https://news.avclub.com/will-smith-d...s-i-1798231771

He didn't do Independence Day 2 and he's not going to be in MIB 4.
    That's not why he didn't do those movies
    Those studios were not going to pay his asking price and he subsequently bowed out of those projects
    He's about to do Bad Boys 4 life and that's another sequel

Still Idris Elba is a much better actor than Will Smith so I'm all in favor of him being deadshot now. My only worry about this movie is Gunn writing and directing

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post

Walter Hamada is in charge of the DCEU.

Well, that's Cavill's fault for holding the character hostage for A-list money for a B-list talent. The minute WB started talking about a Supergirl film, Cavill should have been on the phone ironing out a deal. Well, at least he has Netflix.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Speaking of Cavill, not sure how significant this is but I'll post it:

Warner Bros. has released a cool DC Films banner on iTunes, featuring Henry Cavill’s Superman and the rest of the Justice League alongside Jared Leto’s Joker and Suicide Squad members Deadshot (Will Smith) and Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie). You can check out the banner below.

https://heroichollywood.com/henry-ca...-films-banner/

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Well, that's Cavill's fault for holding the character hostage for A-list money for a B-list talent. The minute WB started talking about a Supergirl film, Cavill should have been on the phone ironing out a deal. Well, at least he has Netflix.
    It was a bit foolish of him. But at the same time, if I was the face of the failed Superman franchise and they wanted me to keep getting out in front of it with no guarantee that they'd step up the quality on their end, I'd probably be asking for more money to make it worth my while as well. A or B list status be damned

It's a whole, big stupid situation all around. And the studio is far from blameless. They've given Cavill and the character a raw deal. And it might continue if some of the Supergirl rumors are true.

More members for James Gunn's Suicide Squad roster.

- A female Ratcatcher. Deadshot will apparently be a surrogate father to her.

- King Shark.

- Polka-Dot Man.

- Peacemaker. Apparently Gunn wants Dave Bautista to play him.