Page 154 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 541041441501511521531541551561571581642042546541154 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 20948
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    More members for James Gunn's Suicide Squad roster.

- A female Ratcatcher. Deadshot will apparently be a surrogate father to her.

- King Shark.

- Polka-Dot Man.

- Peacemaker. Apparently Gunn wants Dave Bautista to play him.
    Trash if true. Easily skippable.

More members for James Gunn's Suicide Squad roster.

- A female Ratcatcher. Deadshot will apparently be a surrogate father to her.

- King Shark.

- Polka-Dot Man.

- Peacemaker. Apparently Gunn wants Dave Bautista to play him.
    Gender bending Ratcatcher and having a father-daughter relationship with Deadshot along with Peacemaker are weird choices but I really like Polka-Dot Man and King Shark. I want more lower tier villains.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

What's y'all predictions on how much Shazam is going to gross at the box office?

DC movies are so unpredictable and this movie looks like a wildcard. It could either do good or flop. I think it might do Suicide Squad numbers but a little less.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    What's y'all predictions on how much Shazam is going to gross at the box office?

DC movies are so unpredictable and this movie looks like a wildcard. It could either do good or flop. I think it might do Suicide Squad numbers but a little less.
    If it's good it'll do fine.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Trash if true. Easily skippable.
    Honestly, I'm glad that King Shark is the closest thing to a big name in that list.

A Suicide Squad movie needs no-names who they can develop and then cleanly kill off if they want to.
    I think it'll do solid numbers. The predictions haven't been high from what I've read, but DC films usually pickup if it turns out people enjoy the movie.

I think Shazam will do fine, it's got good buzz and a goofy tone that generally seems to go over well in overseas markets (Aquaman, Transformers etc.). Also, remember all the outrageously false Suicide Squad lineups that was presented before the first film? I'd take the news about Peacemaker et al. with a huge grain o salt.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I think Shazam will do fine, it's got good buzz and a goofy tone that generally seems to go over well in overseas markets (Aquaman, Transformers etc.). Also, remember all the outrageously false Suicide Squad lineups that was presented before the first film? I'd take the news about Peacemaker et al. with a huge grain o salt.
    Isn't Collider usually pretty on-point with their exclusives, though?

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Shazam's budget was reported to be about $90 so it could make lower numbers than the other DCEU films and still turn a profit. There's no heavy competition after its release until Endgame at the end of April, unless the Hellboy reboot turns out to be a surprise hit.

Warner's also lifting the social media embargo tonight, and lifting the review embargo on about a week and a half ahead of its release, so I think they're generally confident that it'll be positively received.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 03-07-2019 at 02:59 PM.

If the rumors are true about Idris Elba being Deadshot his talent will be completely wasted by DC/WB the same way he was for Marvel. Give him his own new character! Not just Will Smith’s replacement.

I don't know about their track record, but the tone of the story and speculation seems wrong to me, like something you'd see in this thread. I guess we'll see!
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

They generally are pretty good but it's always possible for things to change.

Honestly, I'm glad that King Shark is the closest thing to a big name in that list.

A Suicide Squad movie needs no-names who they can develop and then cleanly kill off if they want to.

I think it'll do solid numbers. The predictions haven't been high from what I've read, but DC films usually pickup if it turns out people enjoy the movie.
    Suicide Squad should cast no names for lower tier characters. Make the audience keep guessing who will live and who will die.

Agree but at least visually appealing no names. Thats what the first movie lacked. I was honestly being biased though because I saw no characters I liked .

Agree but at least visually appealing no names. Thats what the first movie lacked. I was honestly being biased though because I saw no characters I liked .
    Polka-Dot Man is a visually appealing no name. Same with King Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Polka-Dot Man is a visually appealing no name. Same with King Shark.
    It depends on which design they're going for with King Shark. With the flash already using the shark like version hopefully they don't take inspiration from the AoK version.