Page 156 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 561061461521531541551561571581591601662062566561156 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 20948

Hate the name but I'm still excited for Captain Marvel (SHAZAM)!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

The only CAPTAIN MARVEL movie I want to see, says "SHAZAM!".

Polka-Dot Man for the SS Sequel? WOW!
    Has he even appear in a SS comic?

1st appearance was Detective Comics #300.

DetectiveComics300.jpg

Latest draft of Black Adam script said to feature Atom Smasher, Stargirl, and Hawkman. Sounds like they’re using Black Reign as inspiration.

https://www.newsarama.com/44227-hawk...ft-report.html

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Latest draft of Black Adam script said to feature Atom Smasher, Stargirl, and Hawkman. Sounds like they’re using Black Reign as inspiration.

https://www.newsarama.com/44227-hawk...ft-report.html
    Sounds like they're making a JSA movie more then a Black Adam movie (which isn't too surprising with the lack of Black Adam solo material).

Hawkman I guess I get because of the Khufu connection (although will we see Hawkgirl?), and his friendship with Atom-Smasher I guess explains his presence, but Stargirl feels kind of random in this.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like they're making a JSA movie more then a Black Adam movie (which isn't too surprising with the lack of Black Adam solo material).

Hawkman I guess I get because of the Khufu connection (although will we see Hawkgirl?), and his friendship with Atom-Smasher I guess explains his presence, but Stargirl feels kind of random in this.
    It seems like one movie that could have been split into two: a JSA film and Black Adam being in the Shazam movie. Seriously, Shazam looks like it's shaping up to be a big hit as is, and I never really got why Dwayne Johnson isn't the villain in considering the comic it's based on. Like that would kill it at the box office.

For everything they do that is on point or seems to be on point (Aquaman, Shazam, WW84) we have other decisions that are kind of baffling (Harley and the BOP, this, possibly time traveling Supergirl, the f***ing Trench...).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

'Suicide Squad' and When a Character Is Bigger Than a Star: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...recast-1193211

An excerpt from the article:

"Word is that Gunn’s script for The Suicide Squad draws heavily from Jon Ostrander and Kim Yale’s '80s run, rather than the more recent New 52 iteration that inspired Ayer’s film."

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It seems like one movie that could have been split into two: a JSA film and Black Adam being in the Shazam movie. Seriously, Shazam looks like it's shaping up to be a big hit as is, and I never really got why Dwayne Johnson isn't the villain in considering the comic it's based on. Like that would kill it at the box office.

For everything they do that is on point or seems to be on point (Aquaman, Shazam, WW84) we have other decisions that are kind of baffling (Harley and the BOP, this, possibly time traveling Supergirl, the f***ing Trench...).
    I’m glad they’re saving Adam meeting Billy for later. I liked the Aquaman movie a lot but I’m worried they might have blown their load and didn’t leave all that much material for the sequels.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    'Suicide Squad' and When a Character Is Bigger Than a Star: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...recast-1193211

"Word is that Gunn’s script for The Suicide Squad draws heavily from Jon Ostrander and Kim Yale’s '80s run, rather than the more recent New 52 iteration that inspired Ayer’s film."
    Thats good! Sadly the roster doesn't reflect that.

I think it's entirely because they're spinning Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam as a solo star that he's not the villain the Shazam movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Perfect .

No Rick Flag
    No Captain Boomerang
    No Bronze Tiger

Gonna be hard to ape Ostrander's Squad run with characters that weren't central to his run. Hell even Deadshot appeared less than Boomer

Still if the script is good

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Thats good! Sadly the roster doesn't reflect that.
    It kinda does in the sense that Ostrander’s Squad consisted of numerous D and F level villains. That’s why the book was so great. The characters really were expendable so you never knew who was gonna die. Ostrander was also great at getting the reader to care about these obscure villains.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m glad they’re saving Adam meeting Billy for later. I liked the Aquaman movie a lot but I’m worried they might have blown their load and didn’t leave all that much material for the sequels.
    IDK, I think Adam would obviously be set up as a recurring player, so he wouldn't be a one and done after the origin. Sivana and his extended family too, and that's before we get into the Seven Realms and Monster Society stuff that could fill a film each.

I somewhat agree on Aquaman, but even then we have Black Manta's ongoing arc, along characters like Siren, Garth and Tula, and the Others that could be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's entirely because they're spinning Dwayne Johnson's Black Adam as a solo star that he's not the villain the Shazam movie.
    I guess, though since Adam is going to be an ongoing thing no matter what, using him as the origin villain like in the comic before giving him the inevitable spin off could have worked too I feel. Johnson's star power would give Shazam a boost, and the resulting product could in turn build hype for his solo.

It'll probably work out ok though the way it is now. But super powered Sivana seems unnecessary when they could just use Adam, when Adam is already cast and ready to go.

BANNED

I guess, though since Adam is going to be an ongoing thing no matter what, using him as the origin villain like in the comic before giving him the inevitable spin off could have worked too I feel. Johnson's star power would give Shazam a boost, and the resulting product could in turn build hype for his solo.

It'll probably work out ok though the way it is now. But super powered Sivana seems unnecessary when they could just use Adam, when Adam is already cast and ready to go.
    these are characters and movies for our entertainment, who cares about hype and the "product..." what do YOU want to see?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It kinda does in the sense that Ostrander’s Squad consisted of numerous D and F level villains. That’s why the book was so great. The characters really were expendable so you never knew who was gonna die. Ostrander was also great at getting the reader to care about these obscure villains.
    Oh I know but the d listers he choose aren't the ones that made me interested in Ostrander's run in the first place. It's just a nitpick from me but I'm glad hes taken interest in Ostrander's run. Its way too overlooked.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 03-08-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    these are characters and movies for our entertainment, who cares about hype and the "product..." what do YOU want to see?
    Hype and product matter when building this shared cinematic universe and DC needs to dig themselves out of the hole they were in. Wonder Woman and Aquaman helped them do that, and Shazam seems poised to do it as it is. But Dwayne Johnson being in this would obviously have been even more of a sure thing, plus Black Adam is in the story they are adapting anyway. Seems odd to not get as much use out of him as possible.

Movies are products designed to sell themselves to a big audience seeking to be entertained.

And for the bolded...obviously I want to see Johnson as Black Adam lol. I'm going to see it regardless and I'm sure it will be great, but it all just seems sort of weird. Especially with turning Sivana into a physical antagonist. Like it seems weird to write him out when there isn't any legal reason or anything preventing them from having him in the DCEU.