Page 158 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 581081481541551561571581591601611621682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm not Korath
    Thank you! I was starting to go mad, trying to find where I had wrote that !

I'm not Korath
    That's really weird. I've never seen CBR link the wrong name on a quote. I certainly didn't do anything other than click "reply with quote."

It may be down to stumbling onto Jenkins, Wan and Sandberg being good fits for the characters and hopefully having the sense to leave their creative decisions alone for the sequels.
    We'll see how WW84 goes. I fear that WB ignored Jenkins and Gadot because they assumed Diana couldn't be successful, and now that they know she can be, they'll stick their fingers into it and screw it up. I have zero faith in WB to make the right choice. But we'll see. I hope I'm proven wrong and WW84 is at least as good as the original. But I put my faith where it's earned and WB has a long, long way to go before I'd be willing to even let them borrow a hammer.

As for the Superman stuff
    WB has already earned a big "f*ck you!" from me because of how they've handled Superman and Cavill. If the rumors about Kara turn out to be true, it'll take a miracle to get me to buy a ticket to any DC film ever again. I usually try to be open minded, and give credit (and forgiveness) where/when it's due.....but these Kara rumors, if true, are way out of bounds and so far beyond acceptable the company would never recover in my eyes. It's basically treason.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Thinking about it like that yeah Will Smith is a huge name and star
    His name definitely was a sell for the first suicide squad
    If they are willing to not accommodate his schedule and recast deadshot instead of push back production again then Cavill's situation is probably no better

Johnson wouldn't be a secondary character, he'd be the primary antagonist, and a recurring one with likely spin-off potential at that. I think he would have been fine with it.
    Primary antagonist is still not the main character, and outside of cameos in stuff he produces I think lead roles is the only thing that gets Johnson out of bed these days. It's all speculation though, and if Shazam is a hit both him and WB will have a golden opportunity to follow it up with a Black Adam film.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Thank you! I was starting to go mad, trying to find where I had wrote that !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That's really weird. I've never seen CBR link the wrong name on a quote. I certainly didn't do anything other than click "reply with quote."
    Lol and I had to do a double take, because I didn't see another post similar to mine anywhere.

It actually just did it again. It's turning your posts into Korath's, Ascended.

We'll see how WW84 goes. I fear that WB ignored Jenkins and Gadot because they assumed Diana couldn't be successful, and now that they know she can be, they'll stick their fingers into it and screw it up. I have zero faith in WB to make the right choice. But we'll see. I hope I'm proven wrong and WW84 is at least as good as the original. But I put my faith where it's earned and WB has a long, long way to go before I'd be willing to even let them borrow a hammer.
    Jenkins and Gadot re-negotiating their contracts gives me hope. Jenkins should have had WB by the balls at that point, before Wan and Aquaman she was the only thing they had going for them. I have more faith in them than the studio.

WB has already earned a big "f*ck you!" from me because of how they've handled Superman and Cavill. If the rumors about Kara turn out to be true, it'll take a miracle to get me to buy a ticket to any DC film ever again. I usually try to be open minded, and give credit (and forgiveness) where/when it's due.....but these Kara rumors, if true, are way out of bounds and so far beyond acceptable the company would never recover in my eyes. It's basically treason.
    Same. And I love Kara and want a movie for her. It has the possibility of turning the already pissed off Superman fans on her, and that's really unfair for both characters. I'd be tempted to boycott the movie as well, but I'd feel pretty conflicted because I don't want the message they receive to be "we don't want Supergirl movies!" Really, the ideal thing to do would be to have them on screen together to boost each other: start building Superman back up by showing his interactions with his thought-to-be-dead lost family member. Introduce her and get her ready for spin offs.

Putting her first and so far into the past is just...the dumbest possible thing they could do. If they want to avoid Superman for now until they get him sorted out, surely there are ways to still keep it in the present and keep a meeting with Kara on the table?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    Primary antagonist is still not the main character, and outside of cameos in stuff he produces I think lead roles is the only thing that gets Johnson out of bed these days. It's all speculation though, and if Shazam is a hit both him and WB will have a golden opportunity to follow it up with a Black Adam film.
    Eh, they would market the hell out of Johnson as a villain, plus he'd be signing up for several films. If Black Manta and likely Cheetah are being set up as recurring antagonists, Johnson as Adam would surely get the same treatment even if we didn't have the solo movie news already.

I don't follow Johnson that much, but he doesn't seem to have such an ego that signing on as a villain from a property starring kids would prevent him from being an outright antagonist in at least one film starring the kids.

Ehh Cavill did that to himself. In what reality did he think he was in a position to demand (and get) a higher pay and treated like an A-lister? His Superman isn't that popular among the GA, he starred in three critically panned films, two of which couldn't even crack 700M world wide and made Ant-Man/Dr Strange money. He also isn't exactly in high demand in Hollywood either. And if WB could replace Ben Affleck and Will Smith, two actual A-Listers, what made him think they can't replace him...

Now Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and Margot Robbie on the other hand, they actually have some leverage.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Ehh Cavill did that to himself. In what reality did he think he was in a position to demand (and get) a higher pay and treated like an A-lister? His Superman isn't that popular among the GA, he starred in three critically panned films, two of which couldn't even crack 700M world wide and made Ant-Man/Dr Strange money. He also isn't exactly in high demand in Hollywood either. And if WB could replace Ben Affleck and Will Smith, two actual A-Listers, what made him think they can't replace him...

Now Gal Gadot, Jason Mamoa and Margot Robbie on the other hand, they actually have some leverage.
    His Superman isn't that popular due to creative choices by the director and studio he had no control over, and he's displayed more care for the character than them.
    Also no guarantee they will treat the next guy any better.

All of this makes me inclined to side against them automatically. Cavill may be foolish to ask for more money and creative control, but if I had to be the face of the franchise WB was running into the ground, I'd ask for money too to make it worth my while. F*** 'em.

Jenkins and Gadot re-negotiating their contracts gives me hope. Jenkins should have had WB by the balls at that point, before Wan and Aquaman she was the only thing they had going for them. I have more faith in them than the studio.
    Yeah, I imagine that getting dollars on the contract was the easy part—that's just a numbers game, and possibly trading upfront money for gross percentages. I imagine Jenkins wanted as much creative control in the contract as she could manage, and that was the big part of negotiations.

Also, remember that the WB/DC film division is completely reorganised and much more cohesive now than it was back in the bad old days. Both Aquaman and Shazam! seems like they gave the creative team plenty of feedback early in the process as they worked out the style of film they wanted, and then were let free to do their thing (within budget constraints): I imagine Hamada gave the creative teams about the same freedom that Jenkins wanted for WW84. So I'm not worried about that at all.

My WW84 worry is rather how they will handle the civilisational critique that is inherent in the construction of Wonder Woman, but too often gets cut away as the writers goes goes la-la over the loaded hand grenade they have been given. Given that the AIDS crisis seems to play an important role in the film, I'm though hopeful.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

His Superman isn't that popular due to creative choices by the director and studio he had no control over, and he's displayed more care for the character than them.
    Also no guarantee they will treat the next guy any better.

All of this makes me inclined to side against them automatically. Cavill may be foolish to ask for more money and creative control, but if I had to be the face of the franchise WB was running into the ground, I'd ask for money too to make it worth my while. F*** 'em.
    That may be true but it still doesn't change the fact that he had zero leverage to start making demands. He should have waited. If his cameo in Shazam was well recieved he would have likely gotten his sequel and if that was also well recieved then he would have been in a better position to start making demands. Now he'll likely be replaced.

WB doesnt need him anyway, not when they have Gal and Jason as the faces of the DCEU. Even more so if Shazam is the hit that it's looking very likely to be.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That may be true but it still doesn't change the fact that he had zero leverage to start making demands. He should have waited. If his cameo in Shazam was well recieved he would have likely gotten his sequel and if that was also well recieved then he would have been in a better position to start making demands. Now he'll likely be replaced.

WB doesnt need him anyway, not when they have Gal and Jason as the faces of the DCEU. Even more so if Shazam is the hit that it's looking very likely to be.
    It's hard to know how much he was demanding, so we don't know if it was unreasonable. It probably was to a degree, but I don't blame him for fighting for the role and more power. Because even if his cameo was well received, I don't trust WB enough yet to mean that would lead to a successful new Superman take. That's just from an outside perspective, he's actually on the inside so he'd know more about them jerking him and the character around.

I am more interested in a Supergirl movie that yet another Superman movie. Especially if Brainiac is the villain in the Supergirl movie. Supergirl is the more interesting character anyway. Superman has been pretty much mined out.
    We know his origin, his motivation, his power set. With Supergirl they can get more creative because there is no fixed origin, motivations, or life experience. So they can pretty much do anything they want with Supergirl in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am more interested in a Supergirl movie that yet another Superman movie. Especially if Brainiac is the villain in the Supergirl movie. Supergirl is the more interesting character anyway. Superman has been pretty much mined out.
    We know his origin, his motivation, his power set. With Supergirl they can get more creative because there is no fixed origin, motivations, or life experience. So they can pretty much do anything they want with Supergirl in a movie.
    There is far more to the character than that. The fact that that's all they do with him is the problem when he has a whole world to explore (including her and his relation to her). He's only fought Zod and Luthor on screen. Brainiac is his villain before hers. That right there is something they should be doing as a direction for a new Superman movie. I mean, we know Wonder Woman's origin, motivation and power set, so by that logic one movie should be enough, right? Same with Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Shazam, Aquaman, etc.

I think Clark and Kara are equally interesting, but I tend to lean more towards him. He is the central figure and she is the spin off wearing his brand, so she's inevitably unable to stand completely on her own. Giving her Brainiac kind of highlights that. Does she as a solo property have any antagonists they could mine instead of borrowing one from Superman?

There is far more to the character than that. The fact that that's all they do with him is the problem when he has a whole world to explore (including her and his relation to her). He's only fought Zod and Luthor on screen. Brainiac is his villain before hers. That right there is something they should be doing as a direction for a new Superman movie. I mean, we know Wonder Woman's origin, motivation and power set, so by that logic one movie should be enough, right? Same with Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Shazam, Aquaman, etc.
    I'm still bummed we didn't see the contest in the movie...
    Giving her Brainiac kind of highlights that. Does she as a solo property have any antagonists they could mine instead of borrowing one from Superman?
    You could probably do a movie about Reign/The Worldkillers.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I agree with that. First of all, Suicide Squad didn't do anyone any favors... but to join in with a sequel to it as Will Smith's hand me down??? Idris is better than that. Bronze Tiger may be a good fit... but he'd still be in Suicide Squad. There's got to be better parts out there that he can make his own.
    Make him the Squad's new field handler.

I think Clark and Kara are equally interesting, but I tend to lean more towards him. He is the central figure and she is the spin off wearing his brand, so she's inevitably unable to stand completely on her own. Giving her Brainiac kind of highlights that. Does she as a solo property have any antagonists they could mine instead of borrowing one from Superman?
    Exactly. If Kara is such an interesting character, What does she keep stealing Superman villains and stories in her show and now possibly on the big screen?? Geez, you'd think she doesn't have good enough stories and characters of her own.