Page 159 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 591091491551561571581591601611621631692092596591159 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Exactly. If Kara is such an interesting character, What does she keep stealing Superman villains and stories in her show and now possibly on the big screen?? Geez, you'd think she doesn't have good enough stories and characters of her own.
    It kind of comes with the territory of being a spinoff character.

Exactly. If Kara is such an interesting character, What does she keep stealing Superman villains and stories in her show and now possibly on the big screen?? Geez, you'd think she doesn't have good enough stories and characters of her own.
    Perhaps. But in truth, isn't Brainiac a better villain for Supergirl, who actually lived on Krypton and had to endure his attack on it, than for Clark, who discover all of this well in his adulthood ? I think that for a movie, Kara actually has more potential for poignant and visceral moments.

Not that Kara would need to have to plunder Superman for her movie : Zor-El (Cyborg Superman) and Argo City, Reign and the World Killer, the Red Lanterns... She has some stand-alone potential.

If arrow is such an interesting character, What does he keep stealing batman villains and stories in his show?

If barry flash is such an interesting character, What does he keep stealing wally's villains and stories in his show?

DC has done this before so it's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    If arrow is such an interesting character, What does he keep stealing batman villains and stories in his show?

If barry flash is such an interesting character, What does he keep stealing wally's villains and stories in his show?

DC has done this before so it's nothing new.
    Well the Arrow one has been a complaint since almost day one and definitely once Ra's was brought on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    His Superman isn't that popular due to creative choices by the director and studio he had no control over, and he's displayed more care for the character than them.
    Also no guarantee they will treat the next guy any better.

All of this makes me inclined to side against them automatically. Cavill may be foolish to ask for more money and creative control, but if I had to be the face of the franchise WB was running into the ground, I'd ask for money too to make it worth my while. F*** 'em.
    Lmao, you ask for that more money after the shitshow which has been DCEU Superman and get a big fuck you right back.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Lmao, you ask for that more money after the shitshow which has been DCEU Superman and get a big fuck you right back.
    And the shitshow was his doing? The creative decisions and writing were all his?
    Yeah the studio is understandable if they are not caving to his demands. But they're blameless in this? Gimme a break. They deserve the lion's share of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It kind of comes with the territory of being a spinoff character.
    To copy and steal everything from him? Wow, it must suck to be Supergirl if the people producing her show/movie have no real confidence in her own original stories.

And the shitshow was his doing? The creative decisions and writing were all his?
    Yeah the studio is understandable if they are not caving to his demands. But they're blameless in this? Gimme a break. They deserve the lion's share of the blame.
    Cavill has zero fault in how the movies turned out. That was on WB and Snyder. I think Cavill was perfectly cast, but he wasn't given the best material to shine and charm audiences as much as he deserved. I understand him if he's trying to get more say in the creative side. Sadly, the WB execs are awful.

To copy and steal everything from him? Wow, it must suck to be Supergirl if the people producing her show/movie have no real confidence in her own original stories.

Cavill has zero fault in how the movies turned out. That was on WB and Snyder. I think Cavill was perfectly cast, but he wasn't given the best material to shine and charm audiences as much as he deserved. I understand him if he's trying to get more say in the creative side. Sadly, the WB execs are awful.
    You know my feelings in MOS but Cavill definitely deserves another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    there is a superman fatigue with audiences, another superman movie risks to sink the character for sometime.

I'm still bummed we didn't see the contest in the movie...
    It was missed, but I feel the most important aspects of the origin (her motivation, her dynamic with her mother, Steve, Ares... and the Amazons not being baby killers) were present.

You could probably do a movie about Reign/The Worldkillers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Not that Kara would need to have to plunder Superman for her movie : Zor-El (Cyborg Superman) and Argo City, Reign and the World Killer, the Red Lanterns... She has some stand-alone potential.
    I think Zor-El would be the perfect villain if we have to have a Supergirl movie before she meets Superman. You preserve the Brainiac connection, establish him in the background, and set up an encounter between him and BOTH of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    there is a superman fatigue with audiences, another superman movie risks to sink the character for sometime.
    Based on what exactly? They didn't like the movies he was in. That's not fatigue with the character.
    There was still hype in the lead up to BVS and MOS. He was liked in JL despite it being a dumpster fire. WW couldn't save that, and she was already embraced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Me too, but it doesn't look very promising, sadly. poor guy, he really wants to be Superman.

It was missed, but I feel the most important aspects of the origin (her motivation, her dynamic with her mother, Steve, Ares... and the Amazons not being baby killers) were present.

I think Zor-El would be the perfect villain if we have to have a Supergirl movie before she meets Superman. You preserve the Brainiac connection, establish him in the background, and set up an encounter between him and BOTH of them.

Based on what exactly? They didn't like the movies he was in. That's not fatigue with the character.
    There was still hype in the lead up to BVS and MOS. He was liked in JL despite it being a dumpster fire. WW couldn't save that, and she was already embraced.
    All this. I know people in the real world who loved Man of Steel, but I think BvS did so much damage, and JL didn't help much either. It was mediocre, IMO, and it needed to be amazing all around.

Aquaman showed that a well made and fun movie with amazing visuals can make a character considered a joke in pop culture into an Star.

Sadly, I have no faith in WB, but who knows, maybe the new team figure it out. They seem capable. And I think WB have realized they need to trust the filmmakers more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Because the writers don't want to make the effort to focus on the actual character mythos they're working in.

Like, as much as I love Arrow, the character there is a pretty sharp contrast to the typical Green Arrow.
    I never said that much, but as a Superfamily character I don't think it's all that unsurprising that she generally interacts with or deals with established Superman characters.

I never said that much, but as a Superfamily character I don't think it's all that unsurprising that she generally interacts with or deals with established Superman characters.
    I think it's less of an issue seeing her interact with established characters (because that's unavoidable and what people actually want) and more the possibility of her replacing him all together, and maybe even being a Super before he's even on Earth. Which is like Robin coming before Batman.

There's a little more wiggle room with Clark's legacy in the wider DCU, to the point that Wonder Woman predating him (or the JSA in the comics) is more of a non-issue. But is preserving his legacy in his OWN franchise too much to ask?

I think it's less of an issue seeing her interact with established characters (because that's unavoidable and what people actually want) and more the possibility of her replacing him all together, and maybe even being a Super before he's even on Earth. Which is like Robin coming before Batman.

There's a little more wiggle room with Clark's legacy in the wider DCU, to the point that Wonder Woman predating him (or the JSA in the comics) is more of a non-issue. But is preserving his legacy in his OWN franchise too much to ask?
    I don't disagree at all. I think it's a shame that it's come to this point for the Superman franchise on-film .

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Lmao you must be kidding. Batman is the one who has been shoved everywhere and he still getting another movie. BvS was a Batman movie featuring Superman and WW. Cavill had 43 lines, Snyder gave him nothing to work with and what he got was terrible. JL gave him barely anything to work with because Snyder was a moron who killed him off.

It’s not “fatigue” that turned people off, it was was Zack Snyder’s awful take. People were hating on Ezra’s Flash and he’s still getting a movie. People were doubtful about Moama until Wan redeemed him. People were even talking crap about Gal and Patty until the WW movie came out.