Page 160 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am more interested in a Supergirl movie that yet another Superman movie. Especially if Brainiac is the villain in the Supergirl movie. Supergirl is the more interesting character anyway. Superman has been pretty much mined out.
    We know his origin, his motivation, his power set. With Supergirl they can get more creative because there is no fixed origin, motivations, or life experience. So they can pretty much do anything they want with Supergirl in a movie.
    That’s wrong though. Also they’ve basically made Kara Superman lite what with the secret identity and journalist bent. So she’s really not that unique.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao you must be kidding. Batman is the one who has been shoved everywhere and he still getting another movie. BvS was a Batman movie featuring Superman and WW. Cavill had 43 lines, Snyder gave him nothing to work with and what he got was terrible. JL gave him barely anything to work with because Snyder was a moron who killed him off.

It’s not “fatigue” that turned people off, it was was Zack Snyder’s awful take. People were hating on Ezra’s Flash and he’s still getting a movie. People were doubtful about Moama until Wan redeemed him. People were even talking crap about Gal and Patty until the WW movie came out.
    You nailed it. Agree 1000%

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I never said that much, but as a Superfamily character I don't think it's all that unsurprising that she generally interacts with or deals with established Superman characters.
    To interact yes, but Not to steal a major Superman villain for her when he hasn't even interacted with Brainiac himself like he should. That's just so unfair and plain wrong. It's like Joker being in a Batgirl movie before a Batman one.

If WB did things right, they'd introduce Supergirl in a Superman movie first and later both would fight Brainiac.

I don't disagree at all. I think it's a shame that it's come to this point for the Superman franchise on-film .
    But it doesn't have to be that way at all. It's another terrible choice WB are making if true. Most people have been asking for a Man of Steel sequel for years.. instead we got Batman in BvS and a rushed universe leading to JL..

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s wrong though. Also they’ve basically made Kara Superman lite what with the secret identity and journalist bent. So she’s really not that unique.
    Yeah, they could have chosen a different job for Kara (like a scientist), but they chose to copy Superman yet again.. An her origin is pretty much very established in comics and animation and video games; she comes after baby Kal-El to protect him. Everybody knows she's his cousin.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 03-11-2019 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    To interact yes, but Not to steal a major Superman villain for her when he hasn't even interacted with Brainiac himself like he should. That's just so unfair and plain wrong. It's like Joker being in a Batgirl movie before a Batman one.
    Granted, thanks to Killing Joke, Joker vs. Batgirl has more meaning to it then it probably would have otherwise.
    Yeah, they could have chosen a different job for Kara (like a scientist), but they chose to copy Superman yet again.. An her origin is pretty much very established in comics and animation and video games; she comes after baby Kal-El to protect him. Everybody knows she's his cousin.
    There are probably ways you could spin Kara as a reporter that's true to her character and background in a way distinct from Clark...but the Supergirl writers don't seem to care all that much about focusing on her career.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I don't disagree at all. I think it's a shame that it's come to this point for the Superman franchise on-film .
    Thor gets to interact with Rocket and Groot, yet the basics of the Superman/Supergirl dynamic is apparently too much to ask?
    Somewhere along the line things took a weird, stupid turn.

I'd consider that less of a big deal, because at least we've had two live action Batman movies with the Joker in it.

With Superman and Brainaic, we've got nothing

Didn't she also want to be an actress in the pre-Crisis stories?
    Either one, but especially the scientist one would be more interesting than aping Clark's career.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Based on what exactly? They didn't like the movies he was in. That's not fatigue with the character.
    There was still hype in the lead up to BVS and MOS. He was liked in JL despite it being a dumpster fire. WW couldn't save that, and she was already embraced.
    When Wonder Woman was released one common comment I read around was "At least not the usual superman or batman movie, a breath of fresh air" Something similar I read with Aquaman.
    I like superman very much but there is a big difference between being a fan and someone who goes to the movie without being one. The later are the overwhelming majority. We are fans, our opinions are biased, for us they could have a movie every year of our favourite character. However you have to keep in mind that there have been between superman and batman, some 16 movies in the last 40 years.
    Now I am not saying that there should be no more movies about them, but give them a 10 year break, Dc has plenty of other characters that can obtain success and interest with the audiences. We have seen it with Aquaman the butt of jokes for decades. It can be done with other characters.

I wonder how it would actually work, if this article is right : https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-dceu-new-batman/

Because, if Harley manages to become the connective tissue of the DCEU, her popularity will have sky-rocketed and DC will have to do more with her than they are already doing.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    When Wonder Woman was released one common comment I read around was "At least not the usual superman or batman movie, a breath of fresh air" Something similar I read with Aquaman.
    I like superman very much but there is a big difference between being a fan and someone who goes to the movie without being one. The later are the overwhelming majority. We are fans, our opinions are biased, for us they could have a movie every year of our favourite character. However you have to keep in mind that there have been between superman and batman, some 16 movies in the last 40 years.
    Now I am not saying that there should be no more movies about them, but give them a 10 year break, Dc has plenty of other characters that can obtain success and interest with the audiences. We have seen it with Aquaman the butt of jokes for decades. It can be done with other characters.
    I've seen a lot of those comments among comic fans, but I don't know if that's the same as fatigue among the wider audience. At least not the whole wider audience. Again, the hype leading up to MOS and it still doing very well at the box office and home media sales despite its divisive reputation indicates otherwise. We can't use BvS and JL, because nobody comes out looking good in that (except WW in the former). Affleck's Batman wasn't any more embraced than Cavill's Superman and he was MUCH more visible; the goodwill Wonder Woman earned didn't get people to go see her in JL; Aquaman still did well despite JL, and audiences liked Superman in JL (what little there was of him). And we're still getting more Batman despite the fact that there is more reason for Batman fatigue and he's been a failure in the DCEU as well.

Yeah they've both had a lot of movies. But they've been spaced out, and Batman's have covered a wider range of ground and many of his have actually been considered good. The Superman movies since the 80s have been divisive at best (MOS) terrible at worst (the rest), and we've only seen Lex and Zod. Of course Superman fans are going to be impatient, but many of them are also happy WW, Aquaman and Shazam are building franchises. They just want the same after getting jerked around for quite a long time. WB starts and then gives up, which in some ways is worse than nothing at all.

I've seen a lot of those comments among comic fans, but I don't know if that's the same as fatigue among the wider audience. At least not the whole wider audience. Again, the hype leading up to MOS and it still doing very well at the box office and home media sales despite its divisive reputation indicates otherwise. We can't use BvS and JL, because nobody comes out looking good in that (except WW in the former). Affleck's Batman wasn't any more embraced than Cavill's Superman and he was MUCH more visible; the goodwill Wonder Woman earned didn't get people to go see her in JL; Aquaman still did well despite JL, and audiences liked Superman in JL (what little there was of him). And we're still getting more Batman despite the fact that there is more reason for Batman fatigue and he's been a failure in the DCEU as well.

Yeah they've both had a lot of movies. But they've been spaced out, and Batman's have covered a wider range of ground and many of his have actually been considered good. The Superman movies since the 80s have been divisive at best (MOS) terrible at worst (the rest), and we've only seen Lex and Zod. Of course Superman fans are going to be impatient, but many of them are also happy WW, Aquaman and Shazam are building franchises. They just want the same after getting jerked around for quite a long time. WB starts and then gives up, which in some ways is worse than nothing at all.
    When I write about comments I am not referring to those of comic fans, but those from non comic audience. I believe that part of the success of WW and AM besides having good movies, derives from being something new.

As for Batman fatigue it is mitigated by his popularity, although I don't think that the next movie will reach the heights of the Dark Knight rises. As for Superman in which we have seen only Zod and Lex, I agree 100%. That's another problem, non comic audience perceive that its the usual plot with the villain being one of those two. Superman fans impatience is understandable, but that patience might be rewarding. AM and WW will eventually tire people out, just as it happened with Superman himself.

As for WB/DC, I think they are light years behind Marvel in many regards, not only they managed to screw Justice League etc, to me they seem totally unprepared in many aspects. I believe they didn't expect AM to be a success or at least they expected it to be below WW. In the meantime they committed themselves to a Batman and Suicide Squad 2 taking a slot for the AM sequel in 2021. AM was pushed back to 2022. No wonder it surprised many people, When you have a goose that lays golden eggs you exploit it to the maximum. Instead they showed lack of planning and foresight. I hope Shazam does well, otherwise if it doesn't its all back to square one. WB leaves much to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I wonder how it would actually work, if this article is right : https://www.cbr.com/harley-quinn-dceu-new-batman/

Because, if Harley manages to become the connective tissue of the DCEU, her popularity will have sky-rocketed and DC will have to do more with her than they are already doing.
    I really don't see Harley Quinn being connective tissue beyond her own movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    When I write about comments I am not referring to those of comic fans, but those from non comic audience. I believe that part of the success of WW and AM besides having good movies, derives from being something new.

As for Batman fatigue it is mitigated by his popularity, although I don't think that the next movie will reach the heights of the Dark Knight rises. As for Superman in which we have seen only Zod and Lex, I agree 100%. That's another problem, non comic audience perceive that its the usual plot with the villain being one of those two. Superman fans impatience is understandable, but that patience might be rewarding. AM and WW will eventually tire people out, just as it happened with Superman himself.

As for WB/DC, I think they are light years behind Marvel in many regards, not only they managed to screw Justice League etc, to me they seem totally unprepared in many aspects. I believe they didn't expect AM to be a success or at least they expected it to be below WW. In the meantime they committed themselves to a Batman and Suicide Squad 2 taking a slot for the AM sequel in 2021. AM was pushed back to 2022. No wonder it surprised many people, When you have a goose that lays golden eggs you exploit it to the maximum. Instead they showed lack of planning and foresight. I hope Shazam does well, otherwise if it doesn't its all back to square one. WB leaves much to be desired.
    Maybe pushing Aquaman's release date back is planning and foresight? After all, one of the complaints about the DCEU is that everything was rushed so maybe it is for the best that they take their time with the Aquaman sequel.

many of them are also happy WW, Aquaman and Shazam are building franchises. They just want the same after getting jerked around for quite a long time. WB starts and then gives up, which in some ways is worse than nothing at all.
    That's me! I'm thrilled we're getting movies for characters other than Clark and Bruce. I wish the movies DC was making were *good* but Im happy that other IP's are at least getting some attention, at last. It is well past time.

But that doesn't mean I don't want Superman (or even Batman, I suppose) out of it. Sh*t, I lived through the awful late 90's and 00's, and the 10's haven't been too damn much better. I've watched DC and WB marginalize and disrespect Superman for most of my life, and I've watched his relevance and popularity slowly slip thanks to their negligence and ignorance. The "greatest idea mankind ever had" (thanks, Morrison, for that quote), screwed over by those who're supposed to be its caretakers. It's like spitting in the eye of god or something, and it genuinely makes me angry (mostly because I see it as very poor business, and at that level of corporate this sh*t should be unforgivable).

At this point, I figure the absolute least they owe us is a great Superman movie. Not giving his villains, mythology, job, and everything else to a secondary, legacy character who barely has enough original material of her own to carry a single film. I like Kara well enough, dont get me wrong, and I'd be happy to see her get a movie (hopefully better than that 80's one!) but not at the expense of Clark himself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The only way I’d be ok with Idris Elba as Deadshot is if DC just went full on with the character and gave him a gigantic push. Idris Elba is one of the most sought after actors in Hollywood and fans have been dying to see him in a starring role of a superhero movie. Casting him as Will Smith’s replacement seems like a huge waste of talent. If Idris Elba is indeed playing Deadshot DC should make Floyd resemble him the comics and give him his own book. WB should then follow with the Deadshot solo movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The only way I’d be ok with Idris Elba as Deadshot is if DC just went full on with the character and gave him a gigantic push. Idris Elba is one of the most sought after actors in Hollywood and fans have been dying to see him in a starring role of a superhero movie. Casting him as Will Smith’s replacement seems like a huge waste of talent. If Idris Elba is indeed playing Deadshot DC should make Floyd resemble him the comics and give him his own book. WB should then follow with the Deadshot solo movie.
    Pretty much how I feel.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Maybe pushing Aquaman's release date back is planning and foresight? After all, one of the complaints about the DCEU is that everything was rushed so maybe it is for the best that they take their time with the Aquaman sequel.
    They did it because they did not have any available slots, when a movie makes that success you milk it, usually it takes 3 years to get out the sequel, like they did with WW2.