Page 162 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 621121521581591601611621631641651661722122626621162 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Sooo leaked reports are being made that Amber Heard lied about being abused from Johnny Depp and she has admitted to attacking him. Supposedly some documents were leaked. I'm still reading up about it but its trending on twitter. If this is true..YIKES.
    Not a big loss if she has to be recast. They recast Rachel from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight and that move didn't lose any momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And that’s yet another role that will have to be recast.
    I'm ok with it, there are other beautiful and talented actresses out there no doubt. It's sad, if true, though, because I really liked Amber in the part. I wasn't expecting much from her, but she surprised me. Jason is the one that is irreplaceable. Without him, there is no Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not a big loss if she has to be recast. They recast Rachel from Batman Begins to The Dark Knight and that move didn't lose any momentum.
    I don't think Rachel is the best example...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Rachel is the best example...
    Personally didn’t think there was much of a quality difference between the two.
    Anyway screw Amber Heard. Remember all the bad press those Fantastic Beasts movies got for hiring Depp? And he was arguably the best part of the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Personally didn’t think there was much of a quality difference between the two.
    Anyway screw Amber Heard. Remember all the bad press those Fantastic Beasts movies got for hiring Depp? And he was arguably the best part of the second one.
    I think the world owes Johnny Depp a huge apology. And I hope Amber Heard’s career goes down in flames after this. The worst thing about her lying ass is that she just made life harder for actual domestic abuse victims.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    BvS, SS and JL are definitely inferior to Aquaman. Aquaman is not a masterpiece, imo, but it's damn close. It's above average for sure and worth watching. it surpassed my expectations. In a way, the structure and hero's journey feels a lot like Man of Steel, but it has more fun and joy, and the third act is truly WOW to me. Never saw anything like that before. I think Wan would make an amazing JL movie. sigh
    I don't see how anyone can call it a masterpiece. It's an action-packed blockbuster with shallow characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I don't see how anyone can call it a masterpiece. It's an action-packed blockbuster with shallow characterization.
    Queen Atlanna, Thomas Curry and Arthur weren't shallow characters to me. I cared about them a lot, especially queen Atlanna. I think the film had plenty of emotion and I liked Arthur's journey into a hero and King quite a bit. Just because this wasn't always a serious drama it doesn't mean the characters were one note. If they were, I wouldn't care about them like I do.

There's actually no proof yet that Heard abused Depp and lied about him abusing her.

Johnny Depp's lawyers filed a 30 page statement making allegations that she did but there is no proof of it so far unlike the videos available that show Depp being violent and abusive.

Maybe she did lie about some of the incidents and maybe she abused him too but what I'm seeing here is another case of men giving a man more credibility than they did the woman. It goes to show that the demand for proof when a woman claim she was abused are made in bad faith.

Depp fans think he's an innocent summer boy.. I remember hearing stories in the 90s of how violent and destructive he was when younger. He was with Winona. Both Depp and Heard are probably guilty.

Patience people, the truth will come out. If it is true than I would prefer they recast Mera, but we will see.

Astonishing Member

Even if it isn't true, I still prefer the role to be recast since Amber Heard is a mediocre actress and I felt she was the weak link of Aquaman.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I think the world owes Johnny Depp a huge apology. And I hope Amber Heard’s career goes down in flames after this. The worst thing about her lying ass is that she just made life harder for actual domestic abuse victims.
    All this shows is that they both beat each other up. I doubt Johnny just laid there and let her beat him. They were a toxic couple and were probably constantly whaling on each other.

Depp fans think he's an innocent summer boy.. I remember hearing stories in the 90s of how violent and destructive he was when younger. He was with Winona. Both Depp and Heard are probably guilty.
    Yeah, all this proves is that if you punch Amber Heard, you better be able to take punch, too.

Astonishing Member

Regardless, I feel Heard just brings such unnecssary negative publicity that it would be optimal to recast the role.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Queen Atlanna, Thomas Curry and Arthur weren't shallow characters to me. I cared about them a lot, especially queen Atlanna. I think the film had plenty of emotion and I liked Arthur's journey into a hero and King quite a bit. Just because this wasn't always a serious drama it doesn't mean the characters were one note. If they were, I wouldn't care about them like I do.
    I thought their love story at the beginning was great, but there wasn't really much else at all there. Thomas had how many lines? He didn't seem to have much of a lasting on-screen influence on Arthur. Arthur's journey was also held back by unclear motivations. I don't really see much dimension there, and while most liked the movie, masterpiece it was not.