Page 167 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 671171571631641651661671681691701711772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What about the Reeves Batman flick? Will it have any comedy? My guess is no or very subtle.
    I doubt it. It's Batman, a character known for a darker and more mature tone. Plus Reeves isn't known for comedy. My guess is that the tone for each film will finally start matching the character
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I doubt it. It's Batman, a character known for a darker and more mature tone. Plus Reeves isn't known for comedy. My guess is that the tone for each film will finally start matching the character
    I thought that the next Batman movie will have a more noir tone to it, with a New York circa 1970s vibe to it.

They haven't even done a script yet? oO

Is it too f*cking hard to pick up a g*dd*a*n Flash issue and say "here is your f*c*ing script; now start shooting the d*mn movie!"

Sorry for the outburst

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post

Is it too f*cking hard to pick up a g*dd*a*n Flash issue and say "here is your f*c*ing script; now start shooting the d*mn movie!"

Sorry for the outburst
    I personally think they have no idea where to tackle the Flash script.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post

Sorry for the outburst
    They do have a script. The directors finished theres, WB liked it, but Ezra apparently didn't. Ezra's contract is up in May so apparently this is his last ditch effort to convince WB to go with his vision. WB likes Ezra so they're giving him the opportunity to convince them. Most likely this will end in Ezra parting ways with the film and the directors casting a new Flash, for a November production start date and likely 2021 release (alongside Batman and Suicide Squad 2).

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    What about the Reeves Batman flick? Will it have any comedy? My guess is no or very subtle.
    I think the more important question isn't comedy versus non-comedy here.

Historically, the opposite of the comedy was the tragedy, but how many superhero movies can be said to be constructed as tragedies? The only one I can think of is Captain America: The First Avenger, and that's stretching it.

I think the more important question is the range of emotions that the movie supports and presents (see e.g. Abigail Nussbaum's review of BvS). A story can have an overall dark tone but still use a wide emotional palette. Viewed in that light, it's no surprise that both Logan and Wonder Woman were celebrated. Both are set in very dark situations, but also celebrated the trust and friendship between the characters and the ability to find joy with other human beings, however fleeting.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Rumor: Current ‘Black Adam’ Script Pulls Heavily From Comic “Black Adam: The Dark Age”: https://thegww.com/rumor-current-bla...-the-dark-age/

They do have a script. The directors finished theres, WB liked it, but Ezra apparently didn't. Ezra's contract is up in May so apparently this is his last ditch effort to convince WB to go with his vision. WB likes Ezra so they're giving him the opportunity to convince them. Most likely this will end in Ezra parting ways with the film and the directors casting a new Flash, for a November production start date and likely 2021 release (alongside Batman and Suicide Squad 2).
    Yeah, this is lose/lose for Miller. The studio is going to go with the directors.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Rumor: Current ‘Black Adam’ Script Pulls Heavily From Comic “Black Adam: The Dark Age”: https://thegww.com/rumor-current-bla...-the-dark-age/
    That is a fantastic miniseries.

Well, if Miller's gone then I expect that's probably the same for Kiersey Clemmons and Billy Crudup.

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/1...atic-universe/

A great article on the current state of DC films, basically confirming what some of us here have speculated recently. The only new info seems to be on the Supergirl film and that other projects like JLD and GCS will soon be resurrected. So basically:

2019: Shazam; Joker
    2020: BOP; Wonder Woman 1984
    2021: The Batman; SS2; The Trench
    2022: Aquaman 2

Either The Flash (depending on if Ezra is recast), Black Adam and New Gods will end up in 2021, while the other two are in 2022 based on how far in development they are.

Supergirl is going through a rewrite; Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Plastic Man and Green Lantern Corps are currently being written.

Hawkman/girl and JSA films depend on how they're recieved in the Black Adam film. Everything else is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess if you're going to do a Black Adam movie, you may as well base it off the only Black Adam series .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if you're going to do a Black Adam movie, you may as well base it off the only Black Adam series .
    world war 3 would be cool too; not if they're going the anti-hero route though

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Guardians of the Galaxy disagree.
    Ha! Well, there's always an exception to the rule.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/03/1...atic-universe/

A great article on the current state of DC films, basically confirming what some of us here have speculated recently. The only new info seems to be on the Supergirl film and that other projects like JLD and GCS will soon be resurrected. So basically:

2019: Shazam; Joker
    2020: BOP; Wonder Woman 1984
    2021: The Batman; SS2; The Trench
    2022: Aquaman 2

Either The Flash (depending on if Ezra is recast), Black Adam and New Gods will end up in 2021, while the other two are in 2022 based on how far in development they are.

Supergirl is going through a rewrite; Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Plastic Man and Green Lantern Corps are currently being written.

Hawkman/girl and JSA films depend on how they're recieved in the Black Adam film. Everything else is dead.
    It’s unfortunate that Cyborg will be the only JL Member to not get a film or even make another appearance. Ray Fisher was the most enthusiastic and standout of the cast.