Page 17 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

I don't konw if too much stock should be put in Test Screening reports atm.

Remember - Suicide Squad and Justice League also had rumors of good test screenings and we all know how those turned out. And let's not forget those "Wonder Woman's a mess" rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I don't konw if too much stock should be put in Test Screening reports atm.

Remember - Suicide Squad and Justice League also had rumors of good test screenings and we all know how those turned out. And let's not forget those "Wonder Woman's a mess" rumors.
    That WW is a mess rumor came from a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired, not from test screenings.

I don't remember JL or SS having good test screenings. If I'm remembering correctly, there was a rumor the original JL cut was unwatchable.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

I don't think it's implausible that WW was a mess at some point, and that it was saved by re-shoots and Johns + Jenkins stepping in to punch up the script.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    I don't think it's implausible that WW was a mess at some point, and that it was saved by re-shoots and Johns + Jenkins stepping in to punch up the script.
    Wonder Woman didn't have reshoots. They just made a slight adjustment to one scene.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...reshot-1010114

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewFiftyForum View Post
    AFAIK, the reshoots to Wonder Woman limited themselves to a single shot, the scene with the horses stuck in the mud, which replaced the scene with them walking on the road that was on the bonus scenes on the DVD. To quote Patty Jenkins from the article:

“We replaced that one scene with a reshot scene, and we didn’t change the order of a single scene,” Jenkins said. “So what you saw is exactly the movie that we were always making.”

Retired

When you consider that WB executives wanted to cut the No-Man's Land scene, it's not much of a leap that one of them thought WONDER WOMAN was a mess just because those guys don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    When you consider that WB executives wanted to cut the No-Man's Land scene, it's not much of a leap that one of them thought WONDER WOMAN was a mess just because those guys don't know what they're talking about.
    That's actually false. WB execs didn't want to cut the No Man's Land scene, Patty explained it was crew members who didn't understand the scene and were questioning why they were even filming it. Of course clickbait sites took her words out of context and ran with a false story (no surprise there).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That's actually false. WB execs didn't want to cut the No Man's Land scene, Patty explained it was crew members who didn't understand the scene and were questioning why they were even filming it. Of course clickbait sites took her words out of context and ran with a false story (no surprise there).
    Yeah... this is a nutshell. In this day and age is easy to make a statement without out any kind of proof and have people latch onto it. As we have seen here.

Retired

Sorry, I didn't know that. I saw it reported so soon often and never any correction, so I believed the story to be true.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-25-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Sorry, I didn't know that. I saw it reported so soon often and never any correction, so I believed the story to be true.
    It was corrected, by Patty Jenkins herself: Patty Jenkins Clears Up Confusion Over Wonder Woman's No Man's Land Scene.

Now, I believe the no man's land rumours started quite early after the film's release, and the correction didn't come until September, but it did come. But it also shows that many news outlets today don't show due diligence with double-checking their stories.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Ben Affleck Could Lose His ‘Batman’ Role Due to Post-Rehab Insurance Costs, Experts Say: https://www.thewrap.com/ben-affleck-...surance-costs/

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Remember - Suicide Squad and Justice League also had rumors of good test screenings and we all know how those turned out.
    Reportedly, a different cut of "Suicide Squad" was used in test screenings.

If I'm remembering correctly, there was a rumor the original JL cut was unwatchable.
    This "unwatchable" rumor was leaked by some WB exec (probably Geoff Johns himself) just for the studio to save face and to make up an excuse for Joss Whedon overhauling the entire movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ben Affleck Could Lose His ‘Batman’ Role Due to Post-Rehab Insurance Costs, Experts Say: https://www.thewrap.com/ben-affleck-...surance-costs/
    Stay classy, The Wrap. Don't kick a man when he's down.
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 08-28-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lmao people still think Affleck is Batman at this point? Hell I’d say both Batman and Superman are getting rebooted.