Page 171 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 711211611671681691701711721731741751812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    No matter how much certain elements of society try to deny it there are aspects where women think different than men and I feel a woman would be more inclined to have more movies with female characters than a man would.
    I am sure there are plenty of competent women that could fill the role.
    depends on the person, gender does not make difference, Some women hate female characters, other women prefer them. Its all about the person.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I would rather focus on pedigree than gender, when selecting a film studio head, thank you very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    Yeah focusing on gender or a demographic rarely is for the best. Pedigree and "qualified" should be the biggest considerations.
    Pedigree and "qualified" can be the biggest consideration out of a selection of a women. Unless the two of you believe that there aren't any women who can do the job as well as a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    No matter how much certain elements of society try to deny it there are aspects where women think different than men and I feel a woman would be more inclined to have more movies with female characters than a man would. I am sure there are plenty of competent women that could fill the role.
    Women's experiences shape their thinking but they are not biologically hardwired to think differently from men.

Didn't like the take they had on Barry and not sorry to Miller go. But Fisher did a damn fine Cyborg. He was the best part of that movie, other than the cathartic joy of seeing Clark trounce everyone after getting his ass beat by a lunatic in a bat suit in BvS.

Fisher, I wanted to see more of.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Pedigree and "qualified" can be the biggest consideration out of a selection of a women. Unless the two of you believe that there aren't any women who can do the job as well as a man.

Women's experiences shape their thinking but they are not biologically hardwired to think differently from men.
    I'm a female and think both men and women are very capable and smart, but there are also biological differences, for instance, men are a lot stronger than females. And I also believe women are generally more compassionate than men, it's why they are mothers, for instance. It's men who start wars to conquer historically.

That said, if I was in charge of Warner Bros, I'd make more great Superman movies. yes I'm a female, but my superhero is Clark Kent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Didn't like the take they had on Barry and not sorry to Miller go. But Fisher did a damn fine Cyborg. He was the best part of that movie, other than the cathartic joy of seeing Clark trounce everyone after getting his ass beat by a lunatic in a bat suit in BvS.

Fisher, I wanted to see more of.
    I loved The Flash in JL.. sure he can learn to run better.. but he was very cute and charming to me. I also liked Cyborg a lot. In fact, I liked JL and all the 6 superheroes and their interactions a lot. Best part of the movie. And yes, Superman was finally Superman in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm a female and think both men and women are very capable and smart, but there are also biological differences, for instance, men are a lot stronger than females. And I also believe women are generally more compassionate than men, it's why they are mothers, for instance. It's men who start wars to conquer historically. That said, if I was in charge of Warner Bros, I'd make more great Superman movies. yes I'm a female, but my superhero is Clark Kent.
    What you're describing is gender essentialism and it is hopelessly outdated and eurocentric.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr HardKnocks View Post
    But everyone can conclude Cyborg is not returning and they just don’t want to announce it because of bad PR over the fact that only black character in JL is the one to not get a film.
    My current prediction is they're not gonna officially say Cyborg is cancelled. This is just gonna be like Man of Steel 2 or that Superman Returns sequel; a movie that languishes in development hell until everyone forgets about it but the most hardcore fans on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some updates on Green Lantern Corps later this year and WB starts trying to position John Stewart as the DCEU's big black male hero a la the Justice League cartoon.

What you're describing is gender essentialism and it is hopelessly outdated and eurocentric.
    Eurocentric?!?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    My current prediction is they're not gonna officially say Cyborg is cancelled. This is just gonna be like Man of Steel 2 or that Superman Returns sequel; a movie that languishes in development hell until everyone forgets about it but the most hardcore fans on the internet. I wouldn't be surprised if we get some updates on Green Lantern Corps later this year and WB starts trying to position John Stewart as the DCEU's big black male hero a la the Justice League cartoon.

I could see WB not announcing Cyborg isn’t going to return, but I’m not sure about John Stewart being made the lead of GLC will happen. The original plans for GLC under David S Goyer was a buddy cop film with Jordan and Stewart as co leads. WB then brought on Geoff Johns to write a completely new script and his favorite character is Hal Jordan. There are even rumors of Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, his pet characters, being the lead. I don’t think John Stewart is the route they’re going for.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Eurocentric?!?
    Gender essentialism has been part of different cultures all around the world throughout history, but the gender essentialism discussions that dominate the modern world are heavily informed by traditional eurocentric conceptions of gender.

I could see WB not announcing Cyborg isn’t going to return, but I’m not sure about John Stewart being made the lead of GLC will happen. The original plans for GLC under David S Goyer was a buddy cop film with Jordan and Stewart as co leads. WB then brought on Geoff Johns to write a completely new script and his favorite character is Hal Jordan. There are even rumors of Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, his pet characters, being the lead. I don’t think John Stewart is the route they’re going for.
    Do you think it's a coincidence that Hal Jordan is expected to be the older washed up veteran, while John Stewart the young rookie in his prime? If this doesn't say that John is being positioned to be the lead character, I don't know what does. They need Hal in the movie to introduce John since this is a legacy franchise and legacy doesn't work the same way in a cinematic medium that it does in the comics. In the comics Hal is always going to be a young guy regardless of how many Lanterns come after him, that isn't the case in the movies. He would be the Hank Pym-like character whose only purpose to be there is to support the actual main character. Some of the rumors even suggested that Hal was planned to die and then return as Parallax in the future to fight John. If there was any truth to that, it shows that after WB botched the 2011 movie, not only they have zero interest in Hal Jordan as a lead protagonist, not only they would turn him into an old character just to pass the torch to someone else, but they would turn him into a bad guy in order to further prop the other character. I really doubt that Geoff Johns' apparent bias towards Hal would do anything to help his case. The studio can just hire someone else to rewrite his script, like they have with so many other DCEU scripts.

Geoff John's company website actually lists Hal Jordan and John Stewart as the main leads of the movie, so that's unchanged. I feel like they'll make John the team up Lantern (ie he appears in JL; cameos in other films) while Hal gets the solo franchise and teams with a different Lantern each film (hopefully Jessica is next). Either that or Hal and John will co-lead the franchise together and we won't see any other human Lanterns...

Edit: Or the 3rd option, which Hal fans might not like, where John leads the GL franchise and pops up in JL films/other team ups. Hal plays the Hank Pym to John's Scott Lang.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-19-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Johns' own website confirms he's still using the Hal and John idea.
    http://www.madghost.com/film/

The Jessica and Simon idea was debunked, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Geoff John's company website actually lists Hal Jordan and John Stewart as the main leads of the movie, so that's unchanged. I feel like they'll make John the team up Lantern (ie he appears in JL; cameos in other films) while Hal gets the solo franchise and teams with a different Lantern each film (hopefully Jessica is next). Either that or Hal and John will co-lead the franchise together and we won't see any other human Lanterns...

Edit: Or the 3rd option, which Hal fans might not like, where John leads the GL franchise and pops up in JL films/other team ups. Hal plays the Hank Pym to John's Scott Lang.
    Yeah I'd be very unsurprised if and when we finally get another Justice League movie, John is there instead of Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Johns is too much of a Hal fanboy to let that happen.

Johns is too much of a Hal fanboy to let that happen.
    It's not up to him, he doesn't have executive power in either WB or DC to make decisions like that anymore, he's just a writer.