Page 176 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 761261661721731741751761771781791801862262766761176 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    Yes, but Birds of Prey looks like it was right out of the Snyder playbook.
    Going from Aquaman to Shazam and then looking at Birds of Prey...is a bit of a jump.

I'm not just talking from a tonal perspective but looking at how comic-accurate those movies are to the most comic-accurate thing in Birds of Prey so far being a blonde Black Canary, Huntress using a crossbow, and a design for Zsasz that probably nobody remembers...well, it's a tad jarring.

Heck, the rumor is Reeves is aiming for the most comic-accurate Batman movie, whatever the heck that means .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    But wow what a moment....
    Attachment 80240
    I read the review of the critic who gave it a rotten and it seems like his gripe is that WB abandoned the Snyder universe. He didn't like Aquaman either.
    "Each subsequent film has felt like a direct rebuke to BvS" "Shazam! feels like a smaller-scale Aquaman" So tossing out that dumb-ass review and
    Shazam! is basically 100%

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Going from Aquaman to Shazam and then looking at Birds of Prey...is a bit of a jump.

I'm not just talking from a tonal perspective but looking at how comic-accurate those movies are to the most comic-accurate thing in Birds of Prey so far being a blonde Black Canary, Huntress using a crossbow, and a design for Zsasz that probably nobody remembers...well, it's a tad jarring.

Heck, the rumor is Reeves is aiming for the most comic-accurate Batman movie, whatever the heck that means .
    I honestly have trouble being excited for the DCEU with Birds of Prey looming. All the momentum of AM and Shazam (and hopefully, The Joker) will be lost.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

On a side note...

Anyone else think that Joaquin Phoenix's Joker will be folded into the DCEU? They're setting it in the 1980's. Now the rumor is that The Batman will take place in the 90's. So maybe the Joker gets his start prior to Batman, and the Leto Joker wasn't the the real one? Or they're going with the Geoff Johns idea that there are multiple Jokers? Maybe Wonder Woman 1984 will alter the time stream?

Either way, I think if The Joker is successful, they aren't going to leave the character alone in a separate universe.

Reviews are out. They loved it!

Astonishing Member

Still too early but it's got a great 97% on RT from 36 reviews. I imagine it's going to finish in the 90+ range. Too bad they didn't release Shazam on the President's weekend. I think it could have done some killer box office since Alita was so-so.

I'm glad Shazam is getting great reviews so far. Considering how DC Comics (formerly National Comics) contributed to the downfall of Fawcett Comics decades ago, I find it somewhat poetic that Shazam is succeeding in telling a fun and joyful modern-day superhero film when the WB failed in capturing that feeling with Superman.

Yes, but Birds of Prey looks like it was right out of the Snyder playbook.
    Yeah it doesn’t look appealing at all to me but we’ll see.

On a side note...

Anyone else think that Joaquin Phoenix's Joker will be folded into the DCEU? They're setting it in the 1980's. Now the rumor is that The Batman will take place in the 90's. So maybe the Joker gets his start prior to Batman, and the Leto Joker wasn't the the real one? Or they're going with the Geoff Johns idea that there are multiple Jokers? Maybe Wonder Woman 1984 will alter the time stream?

Either way, I think if The Joker is successful, they aren't going to leave the character alone in a separate universe.
    Phoenix doesn’t do franchise movies. Only reason he came on board was because it’s supposed to be a one and done. Also he’s pretty old, with a younger Batman incoming WB is probably going to simply recast Leto.

I think a Justice League sequel is inevitable. Sure they said they are de-emphasizing the shared universe, but we know how reactionary these guys are. There’s no way they aren’t going to want to make bank on having their three winners Levi, Momoa and Gadot on screen together.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I think a Justice League sequel is inevitable. Sure they said they are de-emphasizing the shared universe, but we know how reactionary these guys are. There’s no way they aren’t going to want to make bank on having their three winners Levi, Momoa and Gadot on screen together.
    Eventually after they make sure that Batman and Superman are properly rebooted maybe. I think it will be a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eventually after they make sure that Batman and Superman are properly rebooted maybe. I think it will be a while though.
    Mostly agree, Batman’s already getting his soft reboot in the works. As for Superman, well he’s probably just going to be the Hulk of the DCEU. Solo film is unlikely for the foreseeable future and he might get recast. But he’ll still function as a supporting/ensemble character.